It is very close to the beach, like right on the beach. The huts are located up the backside of the hill so it is protected from storms. We have been coming here for 4 years now. The dive shop next door is perfect for our needs. They use the dock just 5 min beach walk (no tuk tuks gasing you in the early morning crazy to the local docks), during high season. It's a great place to stay and dive (diving is the best). There is no need to rent or drive a death on wheels scooter. If you miss the "civilized world" there is 7/11 just around the corner and an ATM. The little shops that have sprung up in the area are very cool. Drunken Sailor is just one of them.
The staff can be very rude. It is family owned and operated and so the professional levels can vary. There is a massage house just above the reception area. The setting is very low key and noncommercial. You won't find a Hilton anywhere soon.
In the Thailand of 2013, it's a little like it used to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laanta Resort & Spa is a beach-chic, boutique resort offering 15 stylish and elegant, traditional Thai-style villa bungalows, located on the beach in Kan Tiang Bay. Set within an unspoiled natural bay on the western coast of Ko Lanta, Baan Laanta Resort offers the perfect haven for a relaxing holiday or long weekend. Each beautifully designed villa is only a few steps away from the ocean and offers simple luxury with an elegant touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Baan Laanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Baan Laanta Resort And Spa