This was our favourite resort we stayed in in Thailand (out of 6!) and I would definitely recommend it. We were previously staying somewhere else on the island, and met a friend of the owner on the ferry over, who offered to pick us up from our hotel and take us to Baan Lanta to have a look around, to see if we would like to stay there for our last few days on the island - all for free! We loved it so much, we booked it there and then (we bartered and got a reduced rate as well as a free massage thrown in!) - and they offered us a free transfer too.
When we arrived, we were put in number 14 - a Pool View room (cheaper then Beach view), however this hut also had a Beach view from the balcony so best of both worlds!! The pool was incredible - clean, fresh water, and cool - perfectly refreshing when sunbathing or when back from a day out. it was even beautiful for a night time dip under the stars! There were also plenty of sun loungers, and there was always some sun around the pool somewhere (and always shade in other areas) - so perfect for everyone!
They did have a restaurant, which we ate breakfast and lunch at every day (very good, huge choice, and reasonable priced) however we never ate dinner there as there were some really lovely places on the beach, just a short walk away. There was also a fresh fish BBQ available every Friday night, and a bar (althouhg this didn't serve water, so we went to a 7/11 supermarket which was just outside resort).
The beach was incredible - endless amounts of glorious white sands, and plenty of places to explore along for meals. The resort also offered ice cream in cones any time of the day - such a treat!
The rooms were absolutely stunning - A/C, huge beds, mosquito net, TV, loungers inside, rain shower, fridge, sofa...the list goes on! Wonderfully relaxing both inside and out the hut. Staff were friendly, and organised an elephant ride for us with free transfer - about 10 minutes away.
We hired mopeds from just outside the resort as well to explore the island, and visit sunset bars for some absolutely stunning views! I also got a pedicure in the spa - very relaxing and great quality.
Absolutely 5* resort, loved every minute of our stay.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Baan Laanta Resort And Spa
- Baan Laanta Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laanta Resort & Spa is a beach-chic, boutique resort offering 15 stylish and elegant, traditional Thai-style villa bungalows, located on the beach in Kan Tiang Bay. Set within an unspoiled natural bay on the western coast of Ko Lanta, Baan Laanta Resort offers the perfect haven for a relaxing holiday or long weekend. Each beautifully designed villa is only a few steps away from the ocean and offers simple luxury with an elegant touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Baan Laanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.