“Great cooking class!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Time For Lime Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Time For Lime Bungalows
Ranked #8 of 75 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Sandnes, Norway
“Great cooking class!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I really enjoyed the cooking class. Great info on the basics and the cooking. It was a lot of fun. Very good food! I have enjoyed the Time for lime cooking book at home before I came, but having this class gave me new inspiration. I also enjoyed the drinks in the bar. They were new and crative. Thanks!
M. Hana from Norway

Stayed January 2014
foodiefreak, Owner at Time For Lime Bungalows, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thanks for coming to check out Time for Lime, we're happy you enjoyed your class. The cocktails are always a big hit!

junie

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Like many others, I was drawn to Time for Lime because of its connection with Lanta Animal Welfare. It's not just another bungalow resort - it's a place with a story, or perhaps a mission, and it was good to feel part of that. I initially booked for four nights but ended up staying for six.

The location is great. I particularly enjoyed breakfast looking out to sea and long walks in the afternoon on the very long beach.

There is a nice buzz around this place, especially in the evening. There is an early evening happy hour when drinking cocktails is encouraged, not just for its own sake but in support of the cats and dogs of Koh Lanta. The bar is quite small so felt like a friendly place to hang out. As a lone traveller I enjoyed spending time in the bar area as it's the kind of place that draws in good people. I also took part in one of the cooking classes which was great fun.

A number of cats live at Time for Lime. They are really sociable, many having lived there amongst the tourists since they were kittens. They serve as excellent ambassadors for Lanta Animal Welfare. The guests in my room before me decided to adopt two of the cats and take them back to the U.S.A. and I can see why - they are really nice cats.

Junie, the owner, took time to ask if everything was okay and was also on hand to talk to guests about the work of LAW.

They don't really advertise the travel services they offer but at reception they happily book tours, order motor scooters and organise transfers if you request it.

My room was nice and clean, and I think recently decorated. It was a fan room but I didn't use the fan much as it wasn't that hot. Each bungalow has a hammock on the porch, perfect for relaxing, even if it's raining.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind review. We're always encouraged when people come and end up staying for more nights than originally planned and we hope that our guests feel like Time for Lime is their home away from home in Thailand. The cats love having human-friends in the bungalows!

Junie the owner
Thornton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights in November. The accommodations are very basic and the beds are hard but they are clean. We were able to hear the base from music until about 3 in the morning while trying to sleep which was a real downer The porches are a nice addition to hang out and the atmosphere was great for relaxing. A good addition is the fact that the breakfast was included. It was not extensive selection but enough for a good start to the day.
The location of the bungalows is at the southern end of the beach which is not as nice as the beaches on the northern end.
We did not eat at the restaurant as we felt the prices were way too high. The bar was also overly priced. Most of the restaurants along the beach were expensive so we found great food along the main street for regular Thai prices (30-50 baht food, 70-80 for large beer)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Sorry to hear about your experience. We went out to buy an extra soft over matres, the day after your review. As I was not aware, that it was removed. So now the bed is soft again!

The prices at our restaurant are higher than the places on the street but we think it's worth it! Our 6-dish tasting menu is prepared fresh (ie: homemade vegetarian curry paste) and with top-quality ingredients. Our cocktails are priced similarly to the other bars on the beach and our happy hour(s!) is quite a good deal (99 baht). Our beer prices are within 10 Baht of the restaurants on the street and the same as the other beach bars.

We are happy that you took your son, several times for a walk with our rescue animals, so hopefully he learns at early age, that animal welfare is important, and understands that there are not many businesses anywhere in the world, who gives their profits to support this.
The cost to run the welfare activity is 250,000 and up baht per month.

We hope that you'll come back and try out the food in the restaurant or check out a cooking class. Have a couple of cocktails on the house again, that we always give our guests who stay here, including you ;o)
Aussie in UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days and found staff to be friendly and helpful. The accommodation is very basic, but enough for the time we stayed. Help yourself continental breakfast, cooking school and cats roaming the premises- very unique concept. The food and cocktails are unreal at the restaurant! My only fault was being so close to the main quarters- it was noisy early in the morning and the main beach access runs behind the bungalows. Be aware if it rains heavily as it can flood- this didnt bother us though.

Room Tip: We were glad we chose a room with a/c as it can get quite humid.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thanks for coming to check us out and for your kind review. We're happy you tried out the food and cocktails and loved them. Most people do!

kind regards,
Junie, and all the staff
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed in the Time for Lime bungalows for about 2 weeks in October 2013. They were clean, comfortable, basic, cute, and economical. The staff were super friendly, and the Time for Lime bungalows are situated with the Time for Lime cooking school, where I took six Thai food cooking classes which I thoroughly enjoyed and learned a lot from. The cooking school, which also houses a restaurant and bar, was right on the beach, and bungalows were behind the cooking school located within a super cute complex. I had a non A/C bungalow which had a fan instead, the windows have screens, and of course there is a door on the bungalow. The bathroom had a sink, hot water shower, sitting (not squat) toilet, and a door. There were shelves, clothes hanging, and a little desk built in to one wall, and a little refrigerator to keep water, drinks, etc. They supply clean drinking water from a 5 gallon purified drinking water bottle set up a few steps away at the cooking school/bar/ restaurant. An free, excellent continental breakfast is self serve, and set up in a nook near the bar. There is hot water, instant coffee, tea, yogurt, muesli, fresh fruit such as bananas, mango, pineapple, and water-melon, hard boiled eggs, milk, fruit juices, bread for the toaster, jam, butter. The bungalows porches were super cute, with an awesome hammock, and clothes hanging lines to dry clothes. The cooking school and bungalows help support the Lanta Animal Welfare Center, and so there are about 18 or so rescued cats and kittens on site and you can invite a cat in to bed at night if you'd like (I didn't, since I'm mildly allergic, plus their nocturnal ways keep me awake at night). The cats usually lounge around the grounds during the day, and most are locked up in cat condo's at night. There are also about 12 rescued dogs that are NOT allowed to wander the grounds, but instead stay in the staff's housing complex's yard, but you can go on morning and
evening dog walks if you like. -Eddie from Indianapolis, Indiana/Portland, Oregon. There is a lane behind the bungalows where local fishermen on Vespa's drive to the beach to go out fishing in the longtail boats, so there is some Vespa noise in the morning (and during the day and evening), but it didn't bother me. There is also a bar a couple 100 yards away that you can hear the bass late at night, it also didn't bother me. I think the noise level at Time for Lime was the same as most other places on the island, since I've traveled around other areas of the island a bit, and have traveled in Mexico, and seem to find developing countries do seem to be noisy. That said, if you were to stay at a larger resort complex in Koh Lanta, it might be quieter if it had it's own walled grounds. Down the lane to the main road (about 100 yards) there are laundry places, little Thai restaurants, some restaurants offering Western food, minimarts for shampoo, liqour/beer, massage places, bars, hardware and dry goods stores, etc. The bar at Time for Lime has some really great drinks, such as lemongrass margaritas, and my favorite Amaretto sour. Also, the restaurant has excellent Thai food. I really enjoyed Time for Lime bungalows, and highly recommend them.

Room Tip: They have either A/C rooms, or fan rooms, from what I understand. I stayed in a fan room, and it wo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
foodiefreak, Owner at Time For Lime Bungalows, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear guest,
It was truly a pleasure to have you this us. I hope your the skills you learnt in the Cooking classes will come in handy at home.
We hope to see you again!

regards, Junie, the staff, and all 4 and 3 legged.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at Time for Lime after reading about the wonderful work they do. After a day travelling we received a warm welcome and a lovely cocktail(I had plenty of these during my stay). The bungalows are basic but all you need, I loved opening our door in the morning and see all the happy cats strolling around. Breakfast was help yourself but there was always plenty of yogurts, toast and juice.
We signed up for the cookery class. This is so worth doing, we had a fantastic evening and the food was delicious. The staff are really wonderful and friendly, I could have taken the bar man home he was so fabulous!
Also took a taxi to the Animal Welare Centre and had a tour by one of the lovely vets. I found the tour quite emotional seeing all the work that was being done. While we were there a lady brought a cat in that had been abused and its leg was broken :-( we walked some dogs while we were there, they loved being on the beach. Would recommend Time for Lime to anyone and hope we will return one day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
foodiefreak, Owner at Time For Lime Bungalows, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Guest, your review is truly heart warming ;o)
Thank you so much! Really hope to see you again, as of course you are the kind of guests that we want ;0)
It's the people and and atmosphere that counts ;o)
Just want to inform that FATTY the white chilled out kitty has passed away. The one that was rescued, that someone tried to cut in half. I'm sure you met him. He got 6 years extra, a comfortable life, RIP Fatt!
Welcome back again!
Kind regards,
Junie, the owner of Time for Lime, and founder of Lanta Animal Welfare.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had a great stay here, we loved the help yourself breakfast, it really felt like home as we have been travelling for a few months and are growing tired of menus and restaurants! All the staff including the cleaning staff are all very friendly. We loved walking the dogs with the along the beach in the afternoon. All the dogs and cats around the place are super friendly and again gives a very homey vibe to the place. We loved having a fridge and refillable water jug, not many hotels have caught on to this and how important it is to reduce the amount of water bottles used. The cooking class was a lot of fun, a little on the pricey side for us as we are on a tight budget but it was worth splurging for and good to know that some proceeds go to the animal shelter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Time For Lime Bungalows? Share your experiences!