“Worst Place Ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lanta Riviera Bungalows

You added Lanta Riviera Bungalows to your Saves list
Lanta Riviera Bungalows
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   90/4 Moo 2, Saladan | Koh Lanta (Lanta Island), Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand   |
Ranked #59 of 75 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Worst Place Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The staff were some of the rudest people I've ever met in my life. After paying their tuk-tuk driver friend a commission for tricking us into staying there (claimed it was the best beach to go snorkeling and that it was the last room left on the entire beach... both false! That 'last room on the beach' was the furthest from the beach facing the reception desk.), they said they had no fresh towels and that they might have some in a few hours. There was a leak in the bathroom that left a puddle of who knows what on the floor. There were dirty stains on the walls and the wifi hardly worked.

We went to the bar (which is a separate entity with very nice, helpful people) for a drink and decided we wanted to go ask for our money back and get a different hotel. When we got back to the room to grab our stuff, the door wouldn't open. There was something wrong with the lock and the knob was loose. The miserable old woman at the desk was a piece of work. It seemed like she got a kick out of pissing off guests. With some people she would pretend not to speak English and then she would say things to push people's buttons. She was trying to make us angry so that we would do something that would give her a reason not to give us our money back. She was making fun of us and laughing that we couldn't get our stuff and saying she wouldn't give us our money back. We talked to the manager on the phone quite a few times, but she would talk to him before or after and lie about the situation. I was starting to lose my cool so I decided to go find another hotel along the beach while my friends waited for a locksmith and tried to get our money back (mostly out of principle) and because we thought they might actually steal our bags.

When I came back it was almost sunset and I could not believe my friends were still sitting there practically in tears. When my friends asked when they thought they could get the door open, she said "maybe tomorrow" and cackled like a witch.

A french couple that had paid up for a whole week came up to the front desk and wanted their money back. They'd been there for 2 days and wanted out. The lady was just as rude to them and was having trouble communicating. She had the nerve to ask my friend to help translate (since she knows a little bit of French)! My friend tried to help the couple, but I have a feeling they just left because the place was so awful.

The manager who we talked to several times on the phone finally called a locksmith since the lady lied and obviously had no intention of helping us. My friends said it was way worse after I left and they didn't even want to tell me all the stories.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Worst accommodation ever. Full of germans who were all nights drunnk and making scandal. The room was painted with shiitt on the walls and the furniture was broken. It looked like a Stephen King place. And rhe staff... Not giving a shiitt. And the beach there is lame.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The rooms are large and basic but are more than adequate. If you dont like the heat then opt for rooms with aircon. The food is average in quality and price. The sea is still and inviting - more so at hightide - rocky when the tide is out! Wifi a real problem. Staff did what they had to but not much more.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at lanta riviera for two nights. Rooms basic but you get what you pay for so no complaints. The staff were very friendly and food was good and reasonably priced. We loved the freedom bar and the staff kept us entertained!! Pool at resort mediocre....could be excellent if cleaner and not so much chlorine. All in all a pleasant stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Staff is rude. No fresh towels. Dirty rooms. Bad wifi. Shower is broken, and they don't care at all. So what can i say more. Yesterday we had dinner, food was bad. We planned to stay a week, but we are leaving now.

Room Tip: No room to take
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Central London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Have to agree with all the recent reviews here, there must be better places to stay in Lanta. The reception staff were so dour I thought I was checking into a prison. Our room was only cleaned after days of pestering them to do so. The service in the restaurant by the surly teenagers is terrible, and I got food poisoning the first day from a vegetable sandwich. My wife then noticed one of the servers picking at his toes with his fingers!?! Freedom bar is lovely, as is Pinkies restaurant on the street outside, and the vegetarian restaurant across the road. This is obviously a very long established place in Lanta and therefore gets the custom, but I would definitely recommend avoiding it - the restaurant and service next door at Coco resort was much better...

Room Tip: Go next door to Coco Resort!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed there for four nights and both the reception staff and the pool guy were very rude, both arrogant and the pool guy even had a go at us! Even though we had paid for four nights half way through they couldnt find our booking and wanted us to pay more - even though I had the
receipt! We spent around 2 hrs arguing. After sitting in the reception a few days later for 15mins I understand this is what they do tO many of their guests.

Nothing worked, they didnt come to clean the room, no clean towels, and on one of the beds no cover (we had to remind them 2-3 times a day and this would mean we got around half of what we paid for.

The only good thing was the Freedom Bar - great bar with really friendly staff! Would recommend you to stay somewhere else but go by Freedom bar for a drink!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lanta Riviera Bungalows? Share your experiences!