“No 1 for a reason ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yang Garden Restaurant

Yang Garden Restaurant
192/2 Moo 6 Klong Nin Beach, Koh Lanta Yai , Krabi, 81150 Thailand, Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand
+66 84 993 8768
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 203 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Barbecue, European, Dessert, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Yang restaurant is open for dinner 18:00-22:00 Closed every tuesday. Credit cards is not accepted. Reservations are recommended.
Phuket, Thailand
“No 1 for a reason ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We saw this on trip advisor and thought it sounded great. We were not disappointed. First off best to make a booking we got there at 7 and were lucky to get a tables. People were coming in the whole time we were there trying to get a table. The food is unbelievable and the staff are very friendly. Don't miss this place

“Where's the barbecue?!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went looking forward to a great barbecue but all we got was smoked. Smoked duck and ribs with no sauce, and just not as flavorful. Ribs which were dry rubbed was salty in parts. Sides were excellent. Ambience and service was great.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“An Absolute First Class Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have eaten in many parts of the world from street food to Michelin ***. In this simple, but delightful, little garden setting almost up a back laneway with seating for not a great number I ate as well as anywhere. It was an amazing surprise. I had not read Tripadvisor (which is unusual for me) & went on the recommendation of lady owning the bungalows I was staying in about 200m away. The duck I had as a main course, with a Persian salad as a side dish was what every duck lover dreams about when ordering duck. Succulent, bursting with flavour & melt in the mouth. Salad a great combination of flavours & textures was perfect accompaniment.
Dessert lived up to the my first course. I chose a chocolate fondant with crushed peanuts & vanilla ice cream. The fondant had a slightly crisp, fine crust which when broken with the spoon released a flow of rich, molten chocolate...to die for. With a curl of superb vanilla ice cream to the side and a scattering of crushed peanuts the textures & flavours truly superb.
I would have paid well in excess of $100 AUS for this meal (not sure flavour-wise it would have matched!) in Sydney, Melbourne, London or Paris. In Koh Lanta at this amazing little French run place I paid $15 including a fresh lime juice.
When I was there many people were turned away who wander in hoping to stay. Suggest it is very wise to book in person or by phone (or get your accommodation place to book for you by phone) at least 24 hrs ahead. Also open for lunch but check as am certain there was a sign out front saying they were closed all day every Tuesday. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Wish we'd gone earlier in our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Another couple told us to try this place, although I had seen it on tripadvisor.

We were thinking about a little break from Thai food and are so glad we went here. Delicious fresh flavours in main courses, salads and desserts. I don't know how the chef manages it all on his own!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Skoghall, Sweden
“Very good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Really tasty food and some very nice desserts as well.
This became one of our favorite restarants on our two week stay.

Visited April 2013