“Andaman Lanta a great Thai 3 star accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Lanta Resort

You added Andaman Lanta Resort to your Saves list
Andaman Lanta Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   142 Moo 3, Khlong Dao Beach | Sala Dan Sub District, Krabi Province, Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand   |
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Ko Lanta
3.5 of 5 stars 91 Reviews
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Andaman Lanta a great Thai 3 star accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks from 22 Feb 2014 for my 40th birthday. I can honestly say for the packaged price we paid this place is great.

Yes the rooms are a little tired but have plenty of room which we liked. We didn't have a sea view but we had an amazing mountain view at the back. Anyone on the 1st floor will have this view.

The rooms are cleaned daily they do a great job. Our breakfast was included and its not the ritz but you can easily find something you like. I had egg on toast most mornings with the best cup of tea I've ever encountered overseas.

We found all the staff very helpful. Yes there are a couple of girls on reception with limited English but again we are in Thailand after all! But most speak fluent English. We hired mopeds for a few days through the hotel for 250 baht for 24 hours. I saw a place down the road which cost 200 baht but I wouldn't have touched these bikes with a barge poll, looked like death traps.

All in all Koh Lanta is the most stunning island I have visited in Thailand and this is our fourth time visiting Thailand.

On the downside we booked a stay on Phi Phi for my actual birthday, we have been for a visit here for the past three years, but sadly never again :( It's so over commercial now it's completely changed even from last year! Such a shame.

I would recommend Andaman Lanta to anyone who doesn't expect a 5 star hotel but on a 3 star budget!

Keep up the good work and we will be back

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was the best place for our honeymoon. The hotel was excelent the room amazing the food really good. The only problem there is in the evening you only go to eat and than back to the hotel worth to enjoy when you actually had a lot of traveling so it was time to relax

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Boulder Creek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

For our third visit to Koh Lanta this year (I come mainly to dive), we wanted to stay on Long Beach for a change. The Andaman Lanta did a very nice job. We stayed in a standard room rather than pay double for a room with a beach view. It worked out great as the beachside pool was only a few steps away.

The staff is friendly. The place is clean. The towels are better than average and plentiful for this price range. The included breakfast buffet was nice with a good variety of Western and Thai dishes. My only criticism would be to serve real coffee instead of the ubiquitous Nescafe. They do have a coffee shop on the premises where you can purchase a latte or espresso.

I usually stay in Katiange Bay but Long Beach was nice as there are so many beachside bars and restaurants from which to choose. And there is some great street food about 50 meters to your left as you exit the hotel.

Room Tip: You can get a beach view for double what we paid. We were very happy with the standard room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Del Mar, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Maybe it is just my Western expectations but when I complain that the shower that is opposite the toilet does not even have a shower curtain and I am told that an "engineer" will be sent to the room, guess what, still no curtain, not even a curtain rod.
I found the staff friendly but management needs a good talking to. As other reviewers have noted there is deferred maintenance in the rooms.
Even the upgraded bungalow I switched to had a stain on the bathroom wall.
Before I ramble on please visit the Asylum (excuse the name). It is a few minutes walk. Face the beach and go left. It has the kick back atmosphere that I think of when I picture hanging out on a beach. It is owned by an expat and his Thai wife so they make not only tasty Thai food but huge burritos and the BEST tuna sandwich I have ever tasted. The fish is fresh caught. Look for the hammock on the beach.
I wrote the above because I don't want you to feel I just bad mouth hotels. There are comments from other reviewers who share my sentiments on this hotel and will give you an insight of its "delights".

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Chengdu, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed in deluxe room for two nights. The room was clean and tidy with a great ocean and palm trees view. Bathroom in typical Thai style with electrical heater, not perfect but can be.
They provide beach towels, which, as we discover in ocean view resort, is not a standard.
The pool is not so big, always occupied. Free sun beds on the beach and lovely swing in front of the sea. Great restaurants nearby!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Conakry, Guinea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were originally booked at the sister property across the street, but it was perfectly awful, so the management helpfully moved us into this joint. On the plus side, it's closer to the water. On the minus side...everything else. I can't imagine what kind of traveler would want to be here, when so many other options are available.

We were here for the last two nights of our honeymoon, and this was the most expensive hotel of our stay. And, I'm not sure if there's a polite way to say this, but, YUK. They have given up at this hotel. It's not clean, and nobody cares. Yuk.

Okay, you come off the beach and there's a shower there. The shower drain is packed full with sand, of course. Could they, even once a day, assign a staff member to shovel our the sand, so that you have a chance of returning to your room without being covered with sand?

Okay, the bar has a happy hour, oddly from 3-5 p.m., and drinks are pricey after that. But say you're bored and want to start drinking early (like, senior citizen early). There's a nice rooftop terrace, so you want to go up there and enjoy your drink. Good luck...the terrace hasn't been cleaned in a long time. Fallen leaves, sand, dust, etc., clog the stairs.

That's the situation at breakfast and poolside as well. Towels left at poolside overnight, yesterday's drinks, leaves, sand in the poolside shower, it's all a big mess.

Wifi? It's free in the lobby, which is why the lobby is always crowded with guests on their iPhones. If you want it in your room, then pay up, sucker. Really, at this price point, should hotel management be gouging guests for wifi access?

For that matter, management seems to be completely absent. I know it's not a Sheraton or even a Holiday Inn, but if I were a hotel manager and walked out to see the grimy mess at poolside and the breakfast buffet, I would shut the place down and get all hands on deck to clean the place up before allowing the public inside. It's not a hostel, it's a hotel. Hotel managers go to other hotels on their own vacations...do they see clean hotels and just decide that this hotel on Koh Lanta doesn't need to be clean?

Koh Lanta is great. The beach is great. Other hotels on this beach and on this island are great. This one is an absolutely horrible value for the location and the price. You can do better (whoever you are).

Room Tip: Try the Lanta Mermaid up the street. No need to stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed at the Andaman Lanta Resort in Feb 2014. After a long journey from Krabi airport to Koh Lanta is was a bonus to find the Andaman Lanta Resort located at the first beach (Khlong Dao) on the Western side of the Island. I've read other reviews on Trip Advisor some good others critical of this hotel. The Andaman Lanta Resort is one of several beachfront hotels and resorts along this stunning beach. I found the hotel facilities good, rooms clean - although the bathroom lacked hot water in the sink - the shower has hot water. This makes shaving awkward but a minor issue over all. Breakfast buffet was OK (5/10) but the hotel location offers easy access to the nearby Sala Dan Town with it's many restaurants and shops. Motorcycles can be rented from the hotels for only 250 baht / day and this is far cheaper than the Tuk Tuks who charge 100 baht for the short trip to town. In terms of booking Island excursions (Koh Mook/ Emerald Cave etc) I found most of the Tour Shops in the area offering very little discounts (10%) compared to Phuket and Krabi where you can obtain big discounts by shopping around. Lastly you will make a saving of 200 baht by booking your return ferry ticket directly at the pier instead of the hotel.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms or bungalows are available and preferable if you can afford the extra price
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Andaman Lanta Resort? Share your experiences!