“very good resort” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 433 Reviews
london
“very good resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

We stayed at Langham after Layana resort. Langham is very big resort with most of the rooms over the hill. The deluxe rooms on the hill are more 3 star. We were upgraded to Pond Villa, they are very nice and spacous with TV, DVD, nice bathroom. I loved the slippers - Langham. It is strange because half of the things in the resort are branded Rawi Warin ( the old owner) and the rest langham. Everything with the brand Langham is great, Rawi Warin not so. The restaurants are good and not very pricey. Just outside the resort on the left there is lovely bakery and cocktail bar Mojo ( part of the hotel ). They charge THB110 for cocktails and the resort 220THB. Also the baker has some great pastries and sandwiches. The drinks at the mini bar are tHB30.00, by the pool 100THB. The gardens are kept nicely and the resort has even a cinema. We were in the low season, not more then 20 people. After Layana, Langham is my second choice on Koh Lanta. hey have some great offers during low season, directly on their web including transfers or check with Thai Airways, Singapore airlines, Qatar Airways, Qantas frequent flyer programs.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

I haven't had this much fun at a beach resort in a long time. A group of friends and I decided to get away for a few days in April in Thailand. We decided that Koh Lanta would be a great choice. We wanted the nature and beauty of Thailand without the commercialism of a Phuket or the other well developed areas.

In the end we stayed at the Langham Place for Thailand's New Years eve. It was a blast. I have never seen so many people enjoying a water fight. It was a very playful time with events lasting for three days. The resort thew a huge party around the ponds on NYE night. We had a blast.

The highlight for the evening was the paper lanterns that we launched into the sky. It was a great memory maker.

• Liked — The delicious Thai food and drinks
  • Disliked — I like everything.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

Five friends and I stayed at the Langham Place in Koh Lanta during May 2008. We loved it! We stayed on the Buy Me package, which is a phenomenal deal for what all you get. Included in the package is round-trip transportation from Krabi airport (which is about 2-3 hours away depending on how the ferries run), a delicious gourmet breakfast that featured items from crispy bacon to smoked duck to fresh fruit smoothies, and the most amazing pool I've ever seen.

As soon as you enter the facility, you know you are in a 5-star hotel. The staff greet you warmly and provide a very tasty shake and cold towel, a plus for the hot days in Koh Lanta. The hotel has a great layout with all of the restaurants and facilities in a central location with the rooms dispersed throughout the property.

The rooms are spacious with large balconies and sweeping vistas of the beach and surrounding area. The bathrooms are great with rainshower heads and nice soaking tubs next to windows. There is ample storage and high ceilings.

This hotel features some unique features such as a movie theater room you can book, an audiophile room which is basically a room with great speakers to listen to music, and three pools. There is a nice lap pool, a pool for the rooms in the higher areas of the hotel, and the beachside infinity edge pool. This pool is huge with a large sitting area, water slide, and infinity edge that stretches the entire length of the pool onto the beachside horizon. We also liked the tennis courts and the bikes available to use to traverse the resort property.

The staff at the hotel will do anything to help and make your stay good. We loved Auntie Mae's sandwich shop and Mojo's Sports bar. We ate at the pricier Watermark one night and had poor service with ok food.

My only other complaint about this property would be the disparity in drink prices. You can order Cokes in your room for 20 baht, in the sandwich shop or sports bar for 40 baht, or poolside for 100 baht. This also goes for cocktails: sports bar-110 baht, poolside 220 baht. I understand convenience of poolside, but its ridiculous to charge 2x-5x the price of something in another part of the hotel. Also, I recommend buying sunscreen or any other incidentals at stores across the street since the resort shops can be pricey.

Overall, a very nice resort experience. We'd definitely go back!

• Liked — The staff and main pool
  • Disliked — Price disparity of drinks
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

Our trip to the Langham in Koh Lanta was absolutely amazing! The hotel was beautiful and in the perfect location. The trip from the airport to the hotel did take a while, but was worth it once we arrived at the hotel. Our room was very large and had the nicest amenities, with wood floors and an amazing shower!! And the bed was quite comfortable.

The staff at the hotel was very friendly, and there was always someone around to help you or just offer a smile. Thailand definitely earned the nickname of "Land of Smiles".

The food was really good too. The breakfast was nice because there was so much to choose from, so there was something for everyone. We also visited the hotel bar, where i definitely recommend the Thai Red Bull Kamakazi :)

I will definitely be returning to the hotel on my next trip to Thailand!

A note for travelers from the United States: the electrical outlets at the hotel didn't even need adapters. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to use my blowdryer, but it worked out perfectly.

• Liked — The Chuan Spa!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

I have just returned from a week at the Langham Place Eco Resort + Spa Rawi Warin. The resort is good and I have never experienced such great time before. I could feel a relaxing sense when I step into Langham Place.

I stayed in a deluxe room which is spacious and have a great view. I could see a blue sky and the long beach from my room and listen to the birds singing ever morning.

Restaurants are great and we dined there for many times especially the Thai food there which is fabulous. Staffs are exceptional good in Chuan Spa and I have been visited them for three times in my holidays.
Overall I would say this is probably the best resort! Perhaps not the most convenient if all you don't want to do is traveling long time, but if you want to have a "real" rest and relax that this is a must.

• Liked — Spacious, comfort & high quality of cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

A very relaxing luxurious resort in Krabi province, it was a relaxing trip for me and my boyfriend. Although the journey was quite long but once arrived at the resort, it really gave us a sense of relaxation. The calmness and the environment with the Sea View Deluxe Room, spacious and clean, with Wi-Fi internet connection, which really made our vacation a memorable one.

Chuan Spa was my favorite place, we've done spas and massages every other day. Skilled massage therapist really made my whole body ache goes away and fully enjoy every moment of it.

All the staffs in the resort always carry a smile and you can really feel the comfort and enjoyable experience within the resort. All the restaurants food were so tasteful, "Tum Yum Kung" was my favorite soup of each day and also different kind of seafood in Thai way.

Pool area is a must relax place to be, we spent most of our time there by the pool and of course with our favorite drinks!

The overall experience in the resort is very luxurious and made both of us forget the busy life behind and recover with lots of energy within us!

• Liked — spacious room
  • Disliked — ants problem in room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

A very good resort located in Koh Lanta.

Beautiful architecture with relaxing seaview.

Room was spacious. Both shower and bath tub were available.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the frozen towel and the welcome drink served upon our check-in.

The food was nice and we like the spicy dishes as well as the seafood so much!

We tried the Thai massage in Chuan's Spa and it really relieved our tiredness.

Even though it took some times to get to the resort but they just took care of all the transportation for us.

I would revisit this resort and would also recommend it to anyone looking for sunshine, beach activities and refreshment.

• Liked — Service, Food & Scene
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rawi Warin Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!