“Best dinners in Thailand - would eat there all the time if possible” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach House Restaurant

Beach House Restaurant
Klong Tob Beach, First Building North of Moonlight Bay Resort | T. Koh Lanta Yai, A. Koh Lanta Krabi, Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand
+66 86 016 9554
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 202 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Now Open for the season. We look forward to serving you delicious and healthy Classic and New Thai Cuisine cooked to order.
“Best dinners in Thailand - would eat there all the time if possible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed in koh lanta for 3 night and our only regret is we didn't find the beach house until the second night. We would have for sure eaten there every night !!! The food was out of this world. So fresh and also the owners where so passionate about the food which was great to see. We have been back in the uk for 1 month and still talk about dinner in this restaurant. Fabulous !!!!!!

• Visited January 2014

Ko Lanta, Thailand
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The foot was incredible. You could tell that a lot of thought had gone into every dish to ensure the flavours were balanced but exciting and that everything looked great. Maybe not somewhere to go for a quick bite to eat as the food took a while to come but was well worth the wait.... plus it gave us a chance to have a nose at all the great food everyone else was eating. It's the kind of place that you wish that you had an endless appetite so that you could try everything.

- amazing food
- cheap for the quality
- very friendly service but quite slow

Shanghai, China
“Best curries ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have travelled literally all over Asia. So when I met up with friends in Koh Lanta they told me they had to take me to taste the best curry they had ever tasted.
Amazing! In koh lanta 4 days and managed to eat here three times.
It is, as other review noted, a small family run place. The chef/co owner. Prepares every dish. And they are not prepared curry sauces just poured over meat or vegetable. Fresh ingredients and complex flavours.
The only thing I would mention other than. ' ya gotta go there' is to make reservations. The restaurant is small, and hours may be a bit casual. It is a relaxing time to watch the sunset over the ocean while your food is being prepared.
BTW. My first ever review. This place is just so good.

Makati, Philippines
“Great food and personalized laid back service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was asked how spicy I prefer my dish to be which I really appreciate. I got yun woonsen - a glass noodle salad mixed with veggies and prawns, it's great and I can really say that it's fresh. The owner asked me about my dessert, I said it's good but I'm missing the rum. As it turned out he gave me the regular mango ice cream, not what I ordered. We chatted until I finished it then he served the mango rum one, and that 2nd ice cream is the the reason I'll go back to their laid back resto.

I don't mind the extra calories from the mistaken order but what they need to work on is their efficiency, it took an hour before I got my noodles. Still I'm recommending them as the food were super and the service is personalized.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kitty j, Owner at Beach House Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Sawadee krup,

Thank you for your kind review. On your visit 2 months ago we had just opened our very first restaurant a month earlier and so were on a learning curve. I am glad to report we have added two new employees so our efficiency has vastly improved. Our commitment to great food and friendly service is as great as ever.

Wishing you the very best in your law career,

Meaw & Junie
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“'Perfect end to a beautiful vacation'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We drove an hour and a half to visit this no. 1 ranked restaurant. Food was great - view of sunset was awesome and the owners were attentive and delightful. We will be back!