“Ate at over 50 restaurants in koh lanta this is my number 1” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach House Restaurant

Beach House Restaurant
Klong Tob Beach, First Building North of Moonlight Bay Resort | T. Koh Lanta Yai, A. Koh Lanta Krabi, Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand
+66 86 016 9554
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 200 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Now Open for the season. We look forward to serving you delicious and healthy Classic and New Thai Cuisine cooked to order.
London, United Kingdom
“Ate at over 50 restaurants in koh lanta this is my number 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This place is an idyllic little restaurant on the end of a small strip of places which is not very populated and as a result you get a great ambience and a lovely seaview setting for a truly wonderful menu of food which I am sorry to say cannot be I allied anywhere I have eaten in not just koh lanta but all the places I have eaten at in Thailand.

The menu is not too big but the dishes they offer are clearly dishes they know they can make to a level which leaves customers singing the praises of the chef, I dropped in after riding a moped and just had a drink to refresh and I was observing the other customers on on two occasions I heard two different groups, one German and one Swedish comment on how good the food was. The chap running the place is a nice fellow too and put guests at complete ease, I left but advised I'd be back to have dinner that night with my fiancé.

I had a standard dish of Thailand called a Penang with pork and I had loads of these so thought I knew what to expect, this meal changed my view on Penang completely, I always liked it but cooked the way these people cooked it was really just the best meal I ever had in Thailand. These guys mixed the heat and flavour perfectly. My fiancé had a dish consisting of soft noodles chicken and some crispy noodles in some type of sauce/curry, again the meal resulted in absolute delight and I olny know one other restaurant in koh lanta where we have both agreed warranted a review.

Some things to consider:

Be prepared to wait for your food, 30-45 minutes even if there is no one else in the place, you can hear the chef hard at it and I can assure you it is more than worth the wait. Simply put the best meal I ever had in Thailand and 2 meals 1 calimari to start and 2 orange shakes coming to 530thb (we ate at restaurants in thailand charging 10 times as much and they do not come close) this review is based specifically on the food and restaurant, the price was just a bonus)set aside a beautiful spot perfect for couples or families with children over 10 years old, I tipped them about 40% and normally with a great meal I tip 20% but this was just the standout meal of all my trips to koh lanta in the last 3 years.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“OMG so yummmmmmy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We found this place by chance on a motorbike ride. It looked pretty cool so we dropped in a for a quick beer. Ended up having dinner too and had the best meal of the holiday so far. Will go back very soon. Do it!!!!

Visited January 2014
michigan
“This one of the best in thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Real thai test in ko lanta . Friendly staff and helpful . Price is reasonable . Excellent food , services was awesome . I,m happy to recommend Beach house .

• Visited December 2013
Kalamaki, Greece
“The best restaurant in Ko-lanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

First, i would like to Thank to Free Trip Adviser that it brings us on right place to have our dinner. Before beach house restaurant, i have been many Thai restaurants, they were completely disappointed such as unpolite, unhelpful , poor service as well as poor food. Beach house restaurant is unlike them. Before i was there, i researched good Thai restaurant in internet, i found its many positive reviews. I read out all reviews, As soon as the reading reviews, I browsed the restaurant. The owner( Mr. Jonie), asked me politely about the weather of Ko Lanta as well as traveling experiences in Ko lanata. After general conversions, i picked up the menu and ordered tom yum gai and larb gai with plan rice. The food is fresh and organic.Each dish is really cooked care and the price worth for value. When i was there, i felt that i had dinner with my family because Jonie and with wife take care from beginning to end to fulfill the customer's needs and wants. I do not want to miss this restaurant who likes real northern Thai food , Please take a test to Beach House Restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
“Best Thai food ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

When I was a child, my mother took me to Bangkok where I disliked everything I ate. Growing up in Toronto, Canada where we are fortunate to have many Thai restaurants, I discovered that I like Thai food. But now, after eating at the Beach House Restaurant, I absolutely LOVE Thai food! Everything is impeccably fresh and beautifully presented and the owners are committed to excellence. I plan to eat here everyday of the rest of my stay in Koh Lanta!

This restaurant is a MUST for every visitor to this beautiful island!!