“dirty, tired, unkempt, dog mess in the garden, outside area a dumping ground, pool worked on and off”
Arrived to find property very dirty, kitchen dirty, had to wash all the utensils and plates before we could use them, place mats for table stuck together with food. Bathrooms dirty, could write name in shower screen. Toilets stained. Cockroach in dishwasher. Number of old dog mess in the garden which children nearly stepped into. Swimming pool machine worked on and off throughout stay. Outside living area had been turned into a dumping ground with old mops, dustbins etc which meant unusable. Water system not working properly so constant running water down the garden creating breeding grounds for mosquitoes which were so bad couldn't sit outside. The place is dangerous for small children, wide gap on stairs to ground floor and open gaps for children to get through from balcony. Made Owner aware of all the above. Nick the manager on the island is a great guy and fully agreed with all the above. Photos do not in any way reflect the property we experienced.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Feb 10, 2013
Nicola, we went through all of this on the phone and face to face when you stayed at The Levels. Your lies are very sad. Though we relish good, helpful, feedback from our guests and encourage constructive criticism, so that we can improve our product and service, I told you when you threatened me: "Your attempt at blackmail won't work."
Just to jog your memory, your blackmail consisted of screaming at me "give us a free stay or I will leave negative reviews all over the internet!".
In order to check and confirm your complaints - I checked the CCTV footage from your stay.
- At no time did you wash any dishes after checkin.
- You stained the toilet by pouring coffee into it.
- You left the gate open, allowing stray dogs to come in and foul the lawn.
- You didn't shut off the taps in the yard, flooding an area of my garden.
- No other guest with children has shared your view of "dangers"... ever.
- Nick didn't "agree" with you. He merely listened and didn't argue while you screamed irrationally and implacably in his face.
- Photos fully reflect the property... with total, absolute, accuracy...
- One mop was left downstairs because you locked out our cleaner (after verbally attacking her).
- FYI, Swimming pool pumps are designed, specifically, to work 12 hours on and 12 hours off.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.