“Great vacation with this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Lanta Just Come
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   406 Moo 2 | Saladan, Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand   |
Ranked #34 of 83 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Ben Shemen, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Great vacation with this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel is located 5 minutes from the beach. Rooms are clean and good. Breakfast in good as well. The owners of the hotel are very responsive and helpful for organizing and assisting with every question, tour, travel.... and they are always nice and pleasant.
We enjoyed very much our 7 nights stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This review is for Pinky Bungalows, which is owned by Mama Nong. Mama Nong is Mem's sister, and the bungalows are located just down the road from Lanta Just Come, which is why I think the two have gotten lumped together.

Moving on, I would highly recommend Pinky Bungalows to anyone! The property is a bit nicer than Lanta Just Come, and a bit pricier but still reasonable (we paid around $100/night per bungalow during the peak New Year's season.) The rooms are bright, extremely clean, and the bungalow-style housing was a great mix of modern and traditional. They are across the street from the beach-front properties, so the beach is just a short walk away. There isn't a restaurant at Pinky Bungalow, so we went to Lanta Just Come for coffee and eggs/toast/fruit every morning.

Mama Nong is amazing-- she always had a smile on her face and a sunny sense of humor. She suggested excellent activities to fill a rare rainy day, and she helped us with something every day, whether it was arranging a tuktuk driver or our New Year's Eve dinner. She knows the island and its people incredibly well, and she never steered us wrong! I rarely take the time to write reviews but wanted to do so this time as a thank-you to Mama Nong. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed at Just Come for 3 nights. It is over the road from the beach and bars/shops/restaurants are within walking distance.
The hotel itself is very modern and clean. There is wifi in the room, albeit the signal strength isn't very strong.
Breakfast wasn't included in the price but were still ate at the hotel and paid a small fee for breakfast which included toast/eggs etc. The coffee was particularly nice.
The staff at the hotel were great. They were very friendly and helpful and sorted out our excursions and transport back to the airport. We couldn't have asked for better.
The price for the rooms is great for what you get. I thought that we would struggle to find somewhere new and modern on Koh Lanta within our budget but this ticked all of the boxes.
If you go to Koh Lanta, i would highly recommend Just Come!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We intially booked for 3 nights as we had read good reviews but ended up booking an additional 7 nights as we liked it so much.
The place is run by Rob (Austrailian) and his wife Mem (Thai but perfect English) and they have a beautiful 19 month girl (Stella) who is nothing short of charming! Combined they are accomodating resourceful and extremely nice so really makes it a home from home.
The location is great as they are a 3 minute walk from the closest beach and rent scooters at a very reasonable rate so makes other beaches and other parts of the island very accessible.
There is a cafe downstairs where you can have breakfast and probably the best coffee on the island! They also recommend dining options close by so no shortage of options regardless of your taste.
The rooms are spacious and absolutely spotless with fridge, air-con, lovely bathroom, high speed WiFi, really comfy bed and TV with English channels. House keeping were wonderful compared to ither places we have stayed. There is also a huge balcony right outside the door which is a lovely area to chill out and have a beer.

I don't know what else to say to emphasise that this is a great place that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND and when we return the choice will be easy!

• Stayed December 2012
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Spent 6 nights at Lanta Just Come, we had a brilliant stay, the rooms are very well maintained and kept extremely clean, they were also very bright and airy compared to other places we stayed in.

The hotel is run by Rob and Mem, with a little help from the lovely Stella! (1 years old), she is great at keeping guests entertained!

Rob and Mem could not do enough to help us out, you can really tell they are genuinely happy to help anyone who stays with them out and are always going out of their way to make your stay special.

The room had a quick clean each day, on one of the days this even happened between eating breakfast in the hotel - very efficient!

The mattress, linen, pillows and even duvet were the comfiest I had slept in throughout my time in Thailand (travelling for a month).

Make sure you try Mems muesli with fruit and yoghurt, it was packed full of different fruits, also the coffee was definitely the best.

There is an ATM close by, the beach is a short walk across the road and down a lane and its well worth trying a road side restaurant, "Thung Ngern" ran by two lady chefs, its a really good price and the food was very tasty - this was recommend by Rob and Mem.

We booked two tours through Rob and Mem and also our transport back to Krabi airport, all of which was very well run and worth doing during your stay.

Everything was so well maintained and we already really miss little Stella, Rob and Mem.

Hope to be back next year!

Room Tip: the standard room we booked which was nearly 700 baht a night was lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Phuket, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Overall: Room was really nice and clean, bed was really comfortable, TV was good but only a few English channels, Internet was great and fast, hotel travel agency markup too high (so didn’t use), restaurant only serves breakfast so didn’t eat there, manager has Jekyl and Hyde persona. Thought the place was great value for the price that I paid, but I would never return for another stay based on the unusual experience I had with the manager on day4. Here’s the story of my entire stay:
Booked superior room for 4 nights via online booking agency. Superior room that I booked comes with balcony.
Day1: Checked in. Reception great. Was given room on third floor in the front. Room was great, but no balcony. Instead was given a room with a big window that faced the third floor public terrace. So everyone can see into my room if the window shade is up. Also people were drinking, talking, and listening to music on the terrace. Discussed with manager Rob and next day he moved me to a big second floor room in the back with balcony which turned out to be really nice and quiet with no street noise. Rob’s wife also recommended a restaurant down the street which was really good and inexpensive. Overall Day1 was good and the service by Rob and his wife Mem was great!
Day2-part1: Checked into my new room on the second floor. Room was awesome for the price except no table and chair in the room so I couldn’t sit down and use my laptop to surf the Web, check work email, etc... No problem. I used the balcony chair, and I used the TV stand. The small refrigerator was under the TV stand so just moved it to the side of the TV stand so I could stretch my legs. I’m good to go. See pics.
Day2-part2: Dropped off my laundry in the morning and it was ready in the evening. Went to book a diving tour with the manager, but the hotel prices were 500 baht per person higher than the normal price, and it was a lower quality dive shop (verified this with another traveler). Ended up booking my own tour by calling up the dive shop as recommended in my guide book. Also got some great advice from the manager about where to go and what to do. Day2 was good.
Day3: Just hung out in the room. Used the fast Internet. Relaxed. Went for a motorbike drive. Day3 was good. So far all is well.
Day4: Went scuba diving using speedboat in the morning. Diving was good and the dive shop was great. Arrived back home in the early afternoon and bumped into Rob in front of the hotel on the way to my room. He said “How was the diving”. I said it was good but no Manta rays. Some chit chat and then out of nowhere he got one inch from my face, looked me right in the eyes, and said in a mean, serious, meant to intimidate voice “Don’t ever move the refrigerator!”. I said “just moved it so I could have a table since there’s none in my room”. He said “I don’t care! Don’t ever move the refrigerator!”. Blah blah blah. He could hardly control himself. I just said “sorry” so I could get the heck out of there! Fortunately for me that was my last booked night and I couldn’t wait to leave the next morning.
Day5: Work up early (6:30am) to get the heck out of there. After dropping off the key with the maid (trying to avoid everyone), the manager came over and gave me a lukewarm “sorry about yesterday” and I replied “no worries” and left. Should’ve been an awesome stay, but it wasn’t. Strange but true story…

Room Tip: Street noise can be loud, so if that bothers you select a room in the back.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a review for Lanta Just Come - there seems to be some confusion between Just Come and Pinkys, they are separate places.

Mem and rob made our stay very pleasant, and were very helpful with our onward travel. Our room (deluxe double) was spotless, with complimentary water every day. It's just across the road from the beach (if you want concrete walls rather than wooden bungalow), although the beach is rocky at times for swimming, the atmosphere more than makes up for it-great bars and restaurants, lit with lanterns, all very cute.

Can't fault the hotel at all really, its slightly above our budget but we just wanted some rest from travels so wanted air con and comfy bed, and it more than delivered.

Thank you mem and rob!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Lanta Just Come? Share your experiences!