“A money machine - to little content ” 3 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Copenhagen, Denmark
6 attraction reviews
“A money machine - to little content ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We took an evening class and overall we had a nice afternoon with some people we meet and the very entertaining teacher.

But having tried other cooking classes and travelled for 12 years in Thailand. The content was quite shallow and the level to low. And you could feel the teacher have said the same things 100 of times - with quite limited English skills. He could not answer on specific questions about the food or vary from his normal script.
Further more it is very expensive 1800B pr pers. compared to what you get - there is no recipe book, water or Anything provided. You pay for all you drink And they designed the course with quite a lot of waiting so you need to buy stuff.

We would recommend you to try another cooking class. Preferably in Chiang Mai!

Our impression is that this is a money machine with no soul.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent, entertaining and informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I took the evening class with a trip to the local market thrown in. Our chef Toi has got to be one of the funniest guys I've ever met. Also really knew his stuff. Made learning about 20 different types of aubergine actually quite interesting! Back at the school and we made four excellent dishes, eating them on a table on the beach and watching the sunset. Couldn't have asked for a better evening and one of the best things I've done in Thailand.

Visited February 2014
“Funny & great teacher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We can really recommend the course to every one. It was a lot of fun during the 5 hours and we learned a lot about the thai culture. The great part was, when we ate our own cooked food at the beach. Fantastic!!

Lugano, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
“Fun experience but didn't keep their promises”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I took the evening class which lasted 5 hours. The class was interesting and cooking with Thoey is really funny and easy!
He explained about all the ingredients used in the Thai kitchen and followed us preparing all the dishes.
I didn't take any notes since Thoey promised to send us the recipes + the certificate.
I send 3 emails asking for the promised recipes but never got any answer.
I've learned a lot but cannot practice at home since I didn't get the recipes! True... I can find them on the internet, but I paid for them.....
It's really a pity that this wonderful experience and souvenir is ruined by their lack of professionalism.
So if you decide to take their cooking lesson, don't leave without your recipes!!!

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We took the lunchtime class, was 3 1/2 hours and 1500 B. We walked as we were staying just up the beach at Sri Lanta (beautiful) resort. My partner has never even cooked an egg but his love of Spring Rolls and my ranting that a f****** lifetime of English pies was making us like Billy and Bessie Bunter ensured his attendance! We arrived to meet I AM CHEF, Toi. A camp and beautiful little chap who took an instant 'like' to my fella, fluttering his eyelashes! He was animated, knowledgeable and made the whole experience great fun. He gave us lots of tips on how to chop, hold what was like a meat cleaver of a knife and the information on vegetables, herbs etc for Thai food was easy to grasp. He made my fella blush when he held up some eggplant which resembled, I won't say and asked if it was as my fella's, to which I quipped, no, too small! We were with a Swiss couple who too enjoyed the course. We sat to eat all the food after then marched home and passed out. We were too full to eat much that night! I will say it was 10/10 and I know there is another popular cooking school which I believe is excellent with profits going to a worthy cause but we were happy for Toi to profit from us! XX

Visited January 2014