“very cute! clean and friendly. decent location” 4 of 5 stars

Lanta House
197/7 Moo1, Saladan Village, Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand   |
Ranked #18 of 90 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“very cute! clean and friendly. decent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

staff: very friendly.
room: good A/C, large, no security box, some have balconies but some have no windows! walls aren't too bad for noise. there's a shared toilet and shower for each floor. each floor has 4 rooms. there is soap, shower gel, conditioner in the showers for you.
location: 5min walk from the pier. next to lots of shops including a 7/11 and restaurants. however all the bars are a 15min drive away. we got a tuk tuk to the bars for 100baht each way.
facilities: wifi was ok but kept dropping. they have signs up to say that the service provider is being rubbish so i feel like they are trying to resolve the situation. free drinking water. communal fridge. computer in reception.

we were only here for 1 night but i was impressed. the place is very clean and there are a lot of signs asking people to be clean, and considerate to others, etc. it's a very cute place, i would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Amazing value for your money. Free Internet and wifi (although signal strength is poor in the rooms). This place cuts out the frills to allow you to spend your money elsewhere on enjoying the beauty of Koh Lanta.
On arrival, don't be put off by the horrid smell of Cat as it's contained to the reception.
The top floor shower NEVER produces hot water so either get a room on the lower floors or walk down and use the lower showers.
Rooms are basic but have all that you need - clean,.enough space and are comfortable.
Very very centrally located - near the pier.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first or second floor as the showers are better and you don't have to nego...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for 16 nights because I was volunteering at Lanta Animal Welfare (5km down the main street). The rooms here are just nice, clean and the service is really good. They clean the bathrooms a few times a day. The staff changed my sheets twice after I requested, even though they didnt need to. The main receptionist also helped in bike rental (cheaper than outside rentals) and helped me book my bus back to the airport. Location is in Saladan village and there is awesome and cheap seafood here!! Definitely worth the money!

Room Tip: Stay in the air-conditioned room. Higher floors tend to have cleaner toilets.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This guesthouse is probably the cheapest one on Koh Lanta. We had a great stay here for 10 days. The room was clean, spacious and comfy. We paid 370 baht for a double room with AC, which worked very well! They hire out scooters at a very cheap rate so we hired one on most days to explore the island. The staff are very friendly and were a great help when our laptop broke. Free tea and coffee and excellent cooking facilities. Excellent wifi too, they have a router on each floor.
If you're travelling on a budget this place is great, it is close to everything in Saladan and met all our needs. Thank you Lanta House!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chumphon, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

steep stairs. black walled room. no window. big bed. spacious room. no real communal area. free wifi and computer downstairs for use. friendly and wonderful staff. really really clean and nice quality. good air con. good price. single communal shower on each floor is also the toilet. not a bad shower though with good water pressure.

would i visit again? yes, but not before i would look around for other options, or ask for a room with a window and without black walls (they have balcony rooms i think)

Room Tip: Perhaps see if they have a room with a balcony so you can get a window, or ask for one that doesn...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

From my point of view this is a good place. They serve customer very good with care and kindness as what symbol of Thai people, also the price isn't too high for a place like this and free coffee and tea for customer. btw the most important things is that it's alway kept clean :D I love this place <3

Room Tip: if u r backpacker this place is very good :D
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Actually a really nice clean and cheap hostel. Besides the incident, wher I left my room (foolishly leaving it unlocked) to have a shower- just having arrived from penang, and sorting my ringgit from my baht- upon getting back into my room and changing, I left to get some food from 7-11. And all my baht had been taken from my wallet. After asking the lady from reception if she anybody had come in or out of the building (only one other girl in the hostel) the lady was completly useless.
A bad experience- just shows to lock your door and take your key- even if it is just to shower.

• Stayed August 2012
AMPHAN, Owner at Lanta House, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Hi

First I would like to thank you choosing and reviewing on Lanta House. My name is Oh and I’m Lanta House's owner.
About what has happen I believe that is impossible your money has been stolen in our guest house.

The reasons are

1. I’m was in my room behind the reception from 5.00 am until the time that you came to reception to ask my wife about your money, From 5.00am until you are back and say that your money has been stolen. I’m always in the room and my window always open so that mean I can see anyone in and out from the guesthouse. The time that you told me that your money has been stolen was about 11.00 am but the guest that you told me she might be robber left the guest house on about 7.00 am after that no one check in or out and at your floor it’s only your room no other guest live on that floor.

2. From what I observe if you are really insist that your money have lose in our guest house you should try harder to find your money and should ask for the CCTV record or report to the police to investigate but I think that you are doesn't sure that your money lose in our guest house because you acting not like the guy who just lose the money, you even invite the girl to walk out and have a lunch

3. There is no reason for me or my wife to steal your money because we’re not staff we own this place and this is our business we are not steal 5000 THB to make our business look bad also I have problem with my back and my leg I can’t very get up to 2nd floor so that is impossible for me to get to 2nd floor and it's also a reason that’s why did I always in my room and I heard everything that you are talking with my wife I’m sure she isn't useless but she can’t follow your word because you talk rapidly.

Last year this problem has occur the guest though my wife steal their money in the end we found that they lost the money from the thief on the bus and this year you are the customer that fall in this kind of problem. That’s why we are planning to setup more CCTV on hallway this will made certainly safety for both me and customer and in the future if this thing has occur again we can insist to customer with evidence that we are innocent.

Best Regards,
Oh Mr. Amphan
Lanta House General Manager

Been to Lanta House? Share your experiences!