“Worth trying” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 45 activities in Ko Lanta
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Serenity is a unique Spa as it is built on wooden stilts above the sea. At Serenity you can Revitalise your skin De-stress your body Enhance your beauty and Indulge yourself. Open all year November April 10am till 11pm May - October 11am till 9pm
Singapore, Singapore
18 attraction reviews
“Worth trying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were quite impressed with the quality of the massage. The environment is very exotic but we didn't know the spa is unisex. Half-way through massaging, 3 men walked in asking for service. There are no concrete doors separating us, just curtains so that's kind of awkward.

Visited October 2012
billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Hi Thank you for your comments - we are unisex as many men also enjoy facials and massage. You are covered at all time and hidden behind the blinds. We hope on your return you will enjoy Serenity again safe travel Ning and the Serenity staff

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
30 attraction reviews
“Professional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very happy with the Thai Massage ! The place is very clean, staff friendly, excellent massage, and a nice touch in the end to offer us a cup of tea and fruits with view. Would definitely recommend them, also comparing with massages in Bankok and Chiong Mai.

Visited November 2012
billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest Thank you so much for you kind words. The staff are fully trained and we are very lucky to enjoy them and there experience in our shop. We also are very lucky to be the only Spa shop on Koh Lanta built above the sea with a private pier behind and we really enjoy guests taking time there. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels Ning and all the Serenity Staff
London UK
46 attraction reviews
“Sorry to say but - awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We’re on our eighth vacation in Thailand and love the country and people. During our visits my wife and I have had a hundred or more massages; an activity which we usually find makes a relaxing and fitting end to the daylight hours. In Koh Lanta recently I tried Serenity Spa for the first time, having read about it on TripAdvisor.

Having agreed the type of massage I wanted I was shown around and impressed with the clean bright appearance, then led through to the raffia-partitioned communal area where my massage was to take place. At this time I was the only person in that area. I got ready and soon the massage began.

Up until now all my thoughts relating to the spa were positive, and I could have imagined this becoming a regular part of our Koh Lanta day. But no sooner had this thought crossed my mind when things started to take turns for the worse.

First, a group of additional customers entered the spa and started to get ready for their massage in the four or so raffia-partitioned areas down the room from me. It was then that I realised that the partitioning was fairly see-through and didn’t actually go all the way to the wall at the head of each massage table. This meant that first of all when they were lying down we could all effectively see each other’s head and shoulder tops, and through the raffia effectively see much of the rest of the bodies. This in itself wasn’t a big issue for me- it just felt a little odd.

However, the second problem was that the lady delivering my massage was absolutely appalling. Soon after she had begun I asked if she could make the massage a little stronger as up until then it had been so soft that it was totally ineffective. However after asking a few times I soon realised that she must only have two strength settings, these being’ off’ and ‘ultra-gentle’, so after a while I stopped bothering to ask. But I think the final issue / insult of the experience only became apparent after I turned over and was on my back. I could now see that she not only had no massage technique but she had no interest in the massage she was delivering. She spent most of her time with a disinterested look on her face as she stared vacantly through the raffia into the areas beyond. Now, I can well believe that I may well not be the most interesting and attractive body that she’s ever had to massage but a little pretence, look of interest / concentration would have been a little less insulting.

Generally I don’t believe the lady who carried out my massage had the faintest understanding of massage or what it can achieve for the recipient. I think she really only understood a basic process and how to go from A to Z in a set time.

I for one will find my serenity elsewhere in future.

Visited October 2012
billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear guest first let me apologies for your time at Serenity. I am very sorry you have had a terrible experience.

The ladies are fully trained and certified. I feel the problem with her looking away will have caused the feeling of her not being trained and not bothered to take care of you. I can only apologies again for this unprofessional behavior which there is no excuse for this. As the owner , your massage and time in my shop is the most important thing for me - I am addressing all the staff together so it does not happen to other guests in the future.

I can not comment about the strength on the massage you had as some massage techniques do not require to be strong, after 10 minutes all the staff are instructed to ask if the massage is OK or not - if it is to hard or to soft we can change the experience for you. Apologies your expectations of strong where not met.

Thank you dearly for your comments and letting me know, it is the way I can continue to improve my shop and continue to give a high standard to the next guests - I deeply apologies again that you did not have this experience

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Massage!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went to Serenity with a friend, we both had the Oil massage, it was amazing. My masseuse was brilliant! The place was extremely clean and nicely done up. When we were done with our massages, we were taken to the deck at the back, which is actually built out over the water on stilts, and we were given fruit and tea, a really nice touch. The only negative thing that I found was that it was noisy, not the employees but the other people that were getting treatments there. I know it can be difficult to tell people to keep the noise down, but there must be a nice way to do it. I would definitely go back there next time I am on Lanta.

Visited October 2012
billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments about Serenity and the staff. I think we have amazing staff who besides being properly trained with certificates also have many years experience. We look forward to you returning to the shop in the future.

For the guests making noise, thank you for letting me know. This is how we can keep improving the shop by turning a not so nice experience in to a pleasant one for guests to come.

We have small signs near the foot massage chairs and also near the lockers outside the bathroom which guests may over look. I will also make small presentation cards which staff can give to guests who are chatting and hope to have these in the next few days

Thank you again safe travels Ning and all the Serenity Staff
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Superb service & value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Had no issue with communication.
They were kind enough to stay behind to do the 2.5 hour session for us.
Thank you.

billysea, Owner at Serenity Massage and Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for calling Serenity and booking ahead. It is our pleasure to help you finding the shop and staying open a little later. We also thank you both for traveling from Kantiang Bay to visit us and we also hope one you you will both return. Thank you again Ning and all the Serenity staff