“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 54 Activities in Ko Lanta
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Planet Divers offers SCUBA Diving (Courses and Guided Dives), Technical Diving, snorkeling and is the only center offering Freediving courses on the beautiful island of Koh Lanta. We are able to provide two different daily diving locations with our two boats. Our large and spacious big boat is perfect to spend a nice chill out day to meet new friends or stay in family and also to get full diving lessons. We are the only one which offer three dives by speedboat to the farther and best sites around Koh Lanta. Our highly experienced and friendly team members are multi-lingual speaking, French, English, Swedish, German and Dutch. Blue Planet Divers's best value is small ratio teaching because our first concern is high standards learning.
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I did the Discover Scuba Diving course with Kev as my instructor. He really helped me through any worries I had during the first dive and by the second dive I felt comfortable to swim independently within sight of him. We were unbelievably fortunate to see a Whale Shark, Sea Turtle and Octopus (and many other fish) during my dive. Blue Planet are very protective of the different dive sites and make it their aim to educate their divers about the importance of not touching the coral and creatures - an overall amazing experience. Thanks Blue Planet X

• Polish first
Paris, France
“blue planet divers - Koh Lanta diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

with a friendly team and smoothrunning organisation, Blue Planet makes you fully envoy great dives in the well-renowned Koh Lanta spots (with turtles, cheimmneys, caverns..) far from overcrowded destinations you may find elsewhere in Thailand

Visited November 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Taipei, Taiwan
“Excellent Diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I really enjoyed my time diving with Blue Planet. I found the staff very helpful prior to my arrival, including giving some recommendations on accommodation on Koh Lanta and transfer from the Phuket airport. While on Koh Lanta I completed my Rescue Diver certification and also did some fun diving. I found all of the DMs and instructors to be professional and friendly. The boats (I dove from both the big boat and speedboat) were clean, comfortable, and well-run. Rental equipment all seemed to be relatively new and in good condition. I would recommend Blue Planet to anyone planning to dive while vacationing on Lanta.

Visited January 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Paris, France
“The staff at blue planet is professional, friendly, and I enjoyed my trips on the boat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I didn't like the way the speed boat company tours on island crammed snorkelers into the boat and didn't educate people about not touching the reef. This was the complete opposite at blue planet. Also ,the staff are terrific and a great asset to the company.

Brabant
“Just to inform you”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

With this review I hope to get trough to the top of this company, because the staff is wonderfull (DM's, instructors and boatstaff) but at the reception and with the equipement things are not good.
Last year we tried BPD, the trip was good but I ended up with broken fins before the first dive, a forgotten rented camera (but suddenly there was a photographer on board where you could buy pic's) poor and cold food. I commented after the dive but the only responce was a bit of discount on the price and an attitude like.... Well things happen you might think.

This year i really did't wanna go again with this company but my buddy liked their destination for the days we wanted to dive and the staf,f so we gave it another try.

I told at the booking that I had my doubts.
They asked for another chance to make things good.
They worked with another boat and had better food.
So we booked two trips.

With this in mind you might think that all the alarmbells should be rinkling to make the trip work out.. No is the answer.

Before the first dive I found out that my suitzipper was broken. I thought, okay.., can happen don't judge to fast. Later that day I was informed on board that we were overbooked for our second trip the next day.
I was done with this company.

When we returned to shore, in the shop they told me that we were not overbooked but there were no speedboats to our second diveday to ko Bida at all?? But... they booked us for that trip in front of the nose from the Lituanian owner!
Again: the staff is not to blame, the incompetentcy & arrogancy from the management and booking office of a good running company need to take notice of this.

But as always with companies on this level: the week will be kicked while the kickers laugh and take the money.

I told the owner in private about my experience and told him I would leave a comment over here.
They had all there chances to make things right. They failed.

Read this, make your own choice.
It is not up to me, or this comment, to put people out of business.

Just to inform you.

Have a save dive you all!