“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Avoid the crowds; dive and snorkel in very small groups with a focus on great personal service, safety and fun. Departing from the beach each morning at 9am, our two speedboats carry a maximum of 10 divers each to some of the best dive sites in Thailand. PADI courses available in several languages, and with typical group sizes of just 2 or 3 divers with each divemaster or instructor (max 4), diving is more than just a job for us. Enjoy our PADI 5-Star service and let some of the most experienced, friendly and professional dive instructors on Koh Lanta take care of you while you just sit back, dive and relax...
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

These guys are legit. We did the discover diving trip. From the moment we arrived at the resort, Greg was chatting us up about our meeting the next day and dive the following. Wonderful guy, really helpful. Our dive instructor Rhi went over everything again the morning of, and we were in the water in no time. Rhi was fantastic, my wife and I had a great time. Even lunch was good. We had never been diving before, and now we can't wait to go again.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas, United States
“Exactly... Dive & Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Back in 2011 I stayed at Lanta Castaway resort to where I saw the Dive & Relax office. I soon signed up for a PADI scuba diving coarse during my stay. I was certified in a few days and went on 10 dives, which were unforgettable. This last trip I also stayed at Castaway and when I approached the Dive shop, the staff recognized me. That was two years ago. The staff was virtually the same as before. I signed up for another 10 dives and each one was memorable. I have great appreciation for Ree, Robin, Sarah and Cameron. They made sure that my time under water was relaxing and safe. I would not be doing any justice if I did not speak of the boat crew. Captain Toe by far is the best. Drinks, lunch and snacks are provided on the boat and don’t forget the smiles. Using speed boats gets you to the dive areas quick so you beat the large boats carrying an army. My dive groups were small, usually 2 or 3 people which made it more enjoyable. I have a total of 20 dives now with the crew, and highly recommend Dive & Relax and will not dive with anyone else on the island. Another note, everyone please remember to tip the boat crew, cause without them, you’re not going nowhere. Thank you Dive & Relax team and see yall soon.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I took our open water course and some fun dives with Dive and Relax at the beginning of November. From the time we booked until we arrived Cameron was very prompt and helpful with all my e-mails. We did the e-learning so we checked in the first day and started the skills training on the beach the next day. My wife was very nervous but our instructor, Robin couldn't have been more patient and calm and really helped her relax. She had a bit of sinus infection but Cameron and Robin assured her she would be fine and helped her with some techniques for equalizing her ears. From our certification dives to our fun dives we had a great week with Dive and Relax. All the instructors and staff were great and very friendly and helpful. We also liked the speedboats and my wife who is prone to sea sickness (she felt sick on a cruise ship) found them to be fine. We will definitely be back. Thanks guys

3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant - highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

From my initial enquiries right through to the day I left Cameron and his team at Dive and Relax could not have been more helpful. I have never dived before so was quite apprehensive but Wade my instructor was brilliant and really patient with me. Unfortunately after my first day I got an ear infection and so couldn't undertake my open water dives. Dive and Relax were brilliant and really understanding, they rescheduled me for a couple of days later and refunded me the money for the dives I missed out on which I wasn't expecting.

I eventually managed to do 2 open water dives at 12m which were fab. The fast boat was great as it got you to your dive site quickly and before all the other boats turned up. We were offered sickness pills in case you got sick but no-one did on our day even though it was a bit rough. A lovely Thai lunch was served onboard and there was a constant supply of drinks and fresh fruit. Both dives I did were great and all my nerves quickly disappeared once underwater. Wade was really good a sticking close and checking I was ok though so didn't feel nervous.

All in all I couldn't recommend Dive and Relax more. Throughout the whole process they were friendly, helpful and really professional even with advice on matters outside of Diving such as getting to and from the airport etc. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

3 attraction reviews
“Perfect service & great crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We spent six days diving with Dive&Relax in Ko Lanta and it was one of the best organised dive shops we've seen so far. Their customer service is outstanding from the moment you arrive over the dives you do with them (with a boat crew always smiling and being helpful, delicious lunch and fresh fruits and attentive divemasters) until you say goodbye.
Just two little remarks: people who really want to do their dives with always the same dive master should mention that beforehand. Otherwise you might get a different guy every day. All of their dive masters are great, no worries, but we like a little consistency with our dive guides.
People who get seasick easily should make sure to take a pill provided by the dive shop against it. The speed boat is great to get to the dive sites fast but it isn't super comfy and especially when it's not driving it can give your stomach a rough time.

Thumbs up for Dive&Relax on Ko Lanta!