- Great central location on a really nice beach. Plenty of places to eat and drink within a short walk along the beach. Indian bar next door might be our favorite beach bar ever.
- Very nice staff, often exceedingly friendly, though it does seem to help if you're a Swedish family with little kids.
- The lady who manages the place is wonderful.
- Bungalows are a bit stale and bathrooms a bit funkified, though AC works well. You may find some critters in your bathroom at night as it's open to the outside where the ventilation fan is. Not the most comfortable beds.
- Occasionally there was a bit of a sewage smell permeating the area, which all things considered, we could have done without. Never made it into our room though.
- Internet is ok at times, but mostly spotty.
Overall you will not be disappointed in the location. If you have little ones, they will have a great time. Just don't expect comfy rooms. Bungalows are very very basic and almost like camping. This place might consider adding some spruced up bungalows to choose from even at a bit higher price, then they'd have it all.
Most importantly be sure to check out Indian Bar and say hi to Pas!
- Also Known As:
- Banana Garden Home Hotel Ko Lanta
- Banana Garden Home Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banana Garden Home is positioned just two kilometers from Ban Saladan business and tourist center. The resort is set on the beach front at the middle of the legendary Klong Dao Beach set in a beautiful lush garden. Klong Dao Beach is the most popular beach on Lanta Island. Banana Garden Home offers 20 rooms all with balcony, air conditioning, refrigerators and hot showers. The resort design is simple but comfortable and matching with the surrounding environment. ROOM FACILITIES: Air conditioning, hot shower, refrigerator, cable TV and in-room wireless internet (wifi) also coming soon. OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE: tour excursion, ticket and booking service center, Thai massage, Internet & overseas call services, beach bar and restaurant serving classical Thai & European foods on the beach with the most beautiful sunset everyday. ... more less