“mixed feeling” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Moon Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Sun Moon Bungalows
57 Moo 5 Koh Lanta Yai | Klong Jaak, Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand   |
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“mixed feeling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I called before to make a reservation and they took my reservation for a bungalow for expensive 500B - this is the beach after all. Khlong Jack is after the paved roads are over - seems like they will soon be paved - so the owner's son when to pick me up at the nearest little village - pretty nice gesture. The settings of this place are quite nice, green and spacious, and the concrete bungalows (if there is such thing) are spread apart, which is great. The confusing part is that the place was mostly closed due to renovation and he hadn't told me that. They had no restaurant and half the concrete bungalows where already empty, since they are now building a new eating area and new wooden bungalows. I got the feeling I was put in a house about to be demolished. There was one bed missing and the shower was a ridiculous string of water with no pressure. The furniture was improvised with hangers in a string attached to nails and also the inside bathroom walls were being badly invaded by ants, lots of them. Yes, it had working AC and clean sheets, but it was a bit sad inside the abandoned house. The good part was some of the guys that work in the constructions there also live in the bungalows just a few meters away, and they are a lot nicer and helpful than the son's owner I'd say.
They are not at the beach, but ridiculously close.

Room Tip: just make sure you will be staying in a real bungalow, not a half-empty one
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

I have now stayed here twice in the past 8 years with my partner and we love it.
It is layed back, budget, friendly and one of the best bungalow properties I have stayed in around Thailand.
I always say 'the harder to get to, the better it will be!"
Of course you get what you pay for, but I beleive we got more than we paid for everytime we stayed here.
A Gem!

• Liked — location location location
  • Disliked — very basic, maybe needs to have hot water in all bungalows
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sun Moon Bungalows? Share your experiences!