“Relaxed beyond measure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sri Lanta Resort

You added Sri Lanta Resort to your Saves list
Sri Lanta Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   111 Moo 6, Klongnin Beach | Krabi, Ko Lanta 81150, Thailand   |
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Mercer Island, WA
“Relaxed beyond measure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We just spent 4 days at Sri Lanta at the tail end of a two week holiday in Thailand. Just what we were looking for -- a bit of understated comfort, some good food and a quiet beach. We found it all at this lovely resort.

We had a Star Path Villa which was very nice, spacious, good air conditioning, and an excellent bed. Far enough up the hill in back to be well away from street noise.

Food was as good as previous reviews suggested, and I concur with those who would have liked the traditional Thai dishes to be spicier, or at least provide additional spices at the tables.

The service at the front desk was buttoned up. We left very early Tuesday morning (before 6) -- they confirmed everything about our departure proactively the day before and prepared some breakfast that we took with us, which they certainly did not need to do.

Service at the restaurant is, shall we say, more "relaxed." By American standards, the wait staff exhibited a kind of charming benign neglect of the diners. However, Sri Lanta isn't in America, which is by the way one of its prime advantages! So it's hard to get sticky about that. Others have complained that they don't speak very good English. I would be willing to bet that English is about as difficult to learn for a Thai as learning Thai would be for me. What made it work enjoyably was they were unfailingly cheerful and polite and therefore we figured out a way to communicate successfully.

The grounds are beautiful, and my daughter reported that the spa was excellent. The pool area was great. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Street noise decreases substantially the further back up the hill you go. A good trade for the addi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

this is a very well designed place - the bungalows are simple but peaceful with good air-con. we had a very quiet room towards the top of the hill. but it is the public areas: the bar, spa, garden and beach that make sri lanta special. well designed, with great attention to detail. perfect for a few days by the sea.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Sri Lanta made our stay wonderful! The bungalows are cute, clean, and in the perfect setting. The restaurant is good. The pool is nice. Every employee is helpful and friendly. The restaurant majorly messed up our recreations but they were helpful and fixed it. I believe the mix up was due to the language barrier. This hotel has many English speaking employees so that was really nice. Best beach on the island! We stayed here for a week and I would definitely return to the same hotel. Thank you Sri Lanta!

• Stayed January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Perfect location with a beach that wasn't too busy (though none really are on Koh Lanta) right out front.
Resort was very clean and good for the price
Staff were generally very friendly and great, but a couple behind the front desk gave us some issues.
A few families around however, makes the pool a bit loud, luckily the beach is beautiful and right out front.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 4 nights here over Christmas and it was fabulous.

The staff did all they could to make it feel like a warm family Christmas and we really appreciated all the effort that they put into the Christmas gala - from the games where you can win tours to the delicious buffet.

The resort had plenty of seating options on the beach from beanbags to hammocks to sun loungers and we were never left without somewhere to sit, even in high season.

The food is delicious and the beautifully designed restaurant is spotless.

The bungalows were lovely and cosy with lots of space to put your things.

The bungalows are little set back from the beach, but nowhere near the 30 minutes that some guests mentioned. It's 5 mins at a push!

All the children at the resort had the most amount of fun. There were lots of things to play with and the staff always tried to ensure that they were involved in all the games.

This is a great option for people wishing to have a relaxed, get-away-from-it-all holiday and we're already planning out next visit!

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Sri Lanta is one of those hotels that you walk into and you really think “god I have totally triumphed booking this gem!!” It’s beautiful – there are gorgeous gardens, a gorgeous infinity pool looking straight onto the beach, and a gorgeous little beach restaurant that served some of the nicest thai food I had on my trip. Then you get taken to your cabin which is surrounded by vegetation and again you think “nice one- I’ve come up trumps here!” all over again. Spacious, beautifully decorated with the comfiest bed I have ever had. During the day the good feelings keep coming. The bar serves up some great cocktails, the beach is literally paces from the main hotel.

Then it becomes evening and you realise you have journeyed into some world where no one has the ability to speak but just gaze at each other lovingly. I should have clicked that this was a honeymoon resort from the mass rose petals everywhere and the swan shaped towels on the bed. This place has actually put me off marriage and weddings. I worry that as soon as me and my bf get married we are going to turn into these doped up zombies who sit in silence and then go to bed as soon as it gets dark. I just don’t get it – there restaurant and bar served good drinks, the staff were fabulous, and there were a few other cool bars and restaurants scattered around the area but come 8pm everything was deserted!!

Each evening we were also asked to set love lanterns into the sky which was very sweet – but whilst I’d lop mine into the sky – marvel that it didn’t then flop back to the ground after a second - I’d head back to the restaurant to carry on chatting to my boyfriend who I like having fun with. Everyone else would just stand and gaze at the sky for at least 10mins while stroking each other’s backs before going to bed. Maybe I’m just heartless- but that seemed like a remarkably dull way to spend your night.

Go if you like peace and tranquillity. Don’t go if you like talking. X x

Toulouse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

After a long trip in Thailand, nothing better than 3 days in this nice and cosy hotel in front of a wonderful beach. My wife and I had a small problem when we arrived - the room we had booked wasn't available. So they upgraded us to a better room and also gave us two free massages. We really appreciated the gesture. Apart from that, the hotel has a very good taste, nice decor, a wonderful swimming pool and great rooms (we tried two of them, also a very nice bungalow with a bath tube). And the price is correct for what it offers. I really recomend it.

Room Tip: Star Path has a very nice bath tube outside the room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sri Lanta Resort? Share your experiences!