“Overall ok stay for overnight business.Friendly staff. Was...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Brewton Hotel

Ramada Brewton Hotel
You added Ramada Brewton Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Brewton Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1115 Douglas Ave, Brewton, AL 36426 (Formerly Brewton Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ponchatoula, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

While traveling through the area Sunday afternoon, I was admitted to D.W. McMillan Memorial Hospital in Brewton to undergo an emergency appendectomy. My wife drove up that evening from Louisiana with her service dog in training. My wife is disabled but does not require a service dog herself. She is raising the animal for a registered organization that raises service dogs and gives them free of charge to special needs people.

Upon my wife trying to check into the Brewton Inn, the front desk person was unsure of granting my wife access with the dog, so he contacted the manager by telephone for direction. The manager stated that since the dog is in training, the dog "is not really a service animal" and access would not be granted. The manager also illegally refused to accept the dog's credentials citing the need for more paperwork. The manager made no assist my wife or accommodate the special needs situation as specified by Alabama state law. In fact, the laws classifies this denial of service as a misdemeanor crime. We've never encountered such poor concern by hotel personnel. The desk person was himself embarrassed.

Alabama State Code Title 21, Chapter 7-4 specifically grants persons training a service animal the same rights and privileges as a person with a disability. I am beyond livid for Ramada refusing my handicapped wife access to the hotel in the middle of the night (near midnight) and leaving her the only option of a rundown, filthy, filthy Quality Inn while I'm in the hospital away from home undergoing an emergency appendectomy. While the incident would be sufficiently heinous but only inconvenient during normalcy, the impropriety is all the worse during a medical crisis. If another hotel of sufficient quality had been available for my disabled wife, I would be less aggrieved. Instead, she was required to seek refuge in a rat trap hotel where she wouldn't sleep on the unwashed bed coverings nor walk on the floor without shoes much less shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My grandfather, a lifelong Brewton resident, died and my family chose this hotel to rent three rooms (for myself, my parents, and my siblings) the night of the wake and before the funeral because we were told it was renovated. There were issues -one room had to change rooms near midnight, because the locks on the bathroom were stuck- they were locked out, and my comforter had rips in it and the stuffing was coming out. But the most horrid thing was how I was treated the next day- I had kept one room rented for the next night in case my mother was so exhausted after the funeral she could sleep before returning to Destin, FL. All of her baggage was in my room. Just before the funeral, she became very ill- and I raced back to my room to get her medication. I forgot my key. I ran into the lobby, clearly crying and upset- and told the front desk clerk (who turned out to be THE MANAGER) that I had an emergency. I told her the whole situation, that the funeral of my grandfather was held up and waiting because his daughter/my mother was ill, and I needed to get into MY ROOM for her medication. She looked at me, and in the most horrible voice said "WELL, CALL AN AMBULANCE." Earlier that morning, I witnessed this same woman walking around with a cigarette hanging from her mouth apparently helping someone to clean the algae ridden green unswimmable pool (that i had thought would be good for the kids to swim in when I booked, but it was as green as a pond). I smoke. I would never behave in such an unprofessional manner. This woman was as cruel to me as she could have possibly been, in the worst of circumstances. I was crying, begging- and trying to get into MY OWN ROOM. My grandfather's funeral started 30 minutes late because of her actions. As long as she is a manager, I would never recommend ANYONE stay at this hotel. EVER. The only way I could explain her actions (other than she is a horrid and cruel person) would be that she is on drugs. There's just no way I could possibly explain how much pain she caused so many people on that day (June 25, 2013). I've never in my lifetime had anyone be so mean for no reason in such a serious situation. DO NOT STAY AT RAMADA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Brewton hotels

LaGrange, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This property recently acquired by Ramada. Rooms are clean.Room had been a previous smoking room so we requested air freshner and hotel provided. We were on first floor by pool so we did not want to move. The local restuarant rating was 73 so do not eat there. Continental breakfast was good with many varieties. Check in and out process was smooth with no issues. Not many hotels to select from in Brewton so we would probably stay again if we came back.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in hotel so request 1st floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mckenzie Tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

VERY,VERY,VERY POOR SERVICE I even hate to say I stayed here. The smell in the rooms was terrible, We had no TV service in the room for the whole time we stayed there. There where bugs and spiders in the room which I had to take care of. We had to ask for clean towels a couple of times. And the pool was as green as my lawn it stayed this way the whole time we where there ( 5 nights and 6 days) was not even able to get in it. The whole place was dirty. Keep gonig don't "STOP"

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
East Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

While probably the nicest option for hotels in Brewton, this misses the mark for everything a hotel should have.

Pros:
- Clean (except the carpet)
- Bathrooms appeared to be recently renovated
- Internet was VERY fast
- Iron and Ironing Board in good condition

Cons:
- Limited outlets in the room
- Filthy worn out and stained carpet on the floor
- Shampoo missing from the bathroom
- Burn holes in the sheets
- Rooms smell old and musty - I sneezed a lot
- People not staying in the hotel were allowed to sneak into the pool
- Cable TV was down
- Internet service was down half of the evening
- Hotel staff with unfriendly attitude
- Room doors do not shut well-had to pull hard to get the latch to engage

Overall, I would never again return to this hotel by choice.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New Port Richey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Checking in was a hassle. We had reserved a King room on-line, but they wanted to charge us a higher rate and had no record of our King room request. It took some time for the price to be approved even though we had a copy of the reservation in hand. The room was clean but the appointments were rather sparse. The room had a refrig and hair dryer, but no microwave, safe or powered vent in the bathroom. The toilet rocked and there were just enough towels and no more. The desk chair was broken and would not raise making you feel like a Munchkin while using the slow wireless. A considerable amount of light came into the room from the parking lot. So, if you need it dark to sleep, you're out of luck. The signs on the exterior side doors would have you believe that they are locked at night. Not so. Anyone can walk in and access your door at any time. We were awakened around 4 am by a sickening smell brought in by the AC unit. Never figured out what it was. For breakfast we were offered pale sausage links and soggy microwaved egg patties. You'd be better off going to McDonalds. This was one of the higher rated hotels in Brewton, but I would not stay there again. I'd find another town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Brewton Hotel? Share your experiences!