“Be sure before you go that Thai Holiday or not” 4 of 5 stars

U Thong Road, Ayutthaya, Thailand
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 122 restaurants in Ayutthaya
Cuisines: Thai
“Be sure before you go that Thai Holiday or not”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I just went to this restaurant on the thai holiday and there was very busy! But i recommended that all the food and views were nice! Just some of food that took too long and the services got a low quality. So make sure that you are going on free day not the holiday

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
  • Thai first
Kaitaia, New Zealand
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Was sadly disappointed by the lack of service,almost like we were forgotten.
Took a very long time for any drinks to arrive let alone any food.Watching waiters walking around not only once or twice with incorrect meals or trying to find who the meals belonged to was not professional at all.
I was almost tempted to put my hand up and volunteer for one,but unfortunately for my daughter whose meal had arrived within maybe 45 mins I ate
off her plate as I was just plain hungry.Lucky I did as it was maybe 15 mins before mine arrived.Baked rice in pineapple,not recommended.Chicken in cashews was nice.
Braised beef was ok too.
We werent the only ones hungry,so were the Mosquitos, wear repellant.
On a positive note it does have a stunning view.I hope that they take on board what other reviewers are also saying and make some changes as it has such great potential and could be a part of the charm that is Ayutthaya.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva
“Worst experience in 6 weeks ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

After 40 days in the country, this restaurant offered a bad experience to us. It wasn't so much the quality of the food (chicken with nuts was good, not the spring rolls), but welcome was bad, we've only get half of our orders (not the rice) and after a bit less than an hour, we received things we haven't choosed... This restaurant is clearly overpriced! Of course, there are worst things happend in the world and we, family of 5, having traveled from north to south, taking our lunch and dinner in markets or even inside people houses, were very lucky sofar...

Visited August 2013
“Hideous experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The only positive about Sai Thong was the view.

Now I don't normally like to moan but this place was just terrible. We stood like lemons in the entrance waiting for somebody to seat us and noone did. In the end we seated ourselves on the patio. After a lengthy wait we were finally brought our menu. Another long wait followed until our order was taken. The waitresses were miserable, sultry and thought they looked fantastic in thier too short mini skirts! Quite frankly they didn't!

The food arrived relatively quickly however the rice accompaniments took a further 10 minutes. By which time the meals were stone cold. Hot or cold didnt make any difference because I wouldn't have served this to my dog. Whoever thought serviing fatty duck with white crab meat (not mentioned in the meal description), with frankfurter sausage and packet ham all glued together in a vile gloopy gravy should not be running a restraunt.

When I complained at the end of our meal ( they did not check if everything was okay) she told me that the crab was tofu and then walked off. I then had to chase her with a piece of crab shell I had to remove from my mouth (whilst eating bloody duck!) to persuade that it was not tofu.

Eventually after inspecting the shell she reluctantly agreed to deduct my monstrosity of a meal from our total bill. She was clearly unhappy about this and an apology was never going to come.

All in all- avoid this place like the plague. Quite possibly the worst dining experience I have ever encountered!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, Dorset, England
“Service poor and food average, nice views though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We read the reviews on TA and based on those visited this restaurant. It was sort of ok, but we had much better food elsewhere in Thailand and indeed in Ayutthaya. The meat in our Thai dishes was leathery and tough, but the sauce and veg were quite nice. The service was terrible, the waitress was busy on her mobile phone or picking her nails and totally ignored us until I waved my napkin around my head. The singer was excellent and did a good job with his cover numbers. The view is lovely, over the temples and the river. There is quite a nice atmosphere with lots of customers. Perhaps we just went on a bad night.

• Visited February 2013