“Good place to stay in kodai.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sivapriya

Hotel Sivapriya
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kodaikanal
Hotel Sivapriya
You added Hotel Sivapriya to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Convent Road, Kodaikanal 624101, India   |
Ranked #23 of 70 Hotels in Kodaikanal
“Good place to stay in kodai.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Locality is not the best. Good service and clean rooms. The restaurent serves decent quality food. They have a tour desk who conducts sight seeing trips of kodai at a reasonable price. overall it is a nice economical place to stay and enjoy kodiakanal.

• Stayed July 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Best Part of this hotel is its location. Its in front of Bus Stand (All Private Bus starts from there)
And just 5 mins walk from Lake...

Just stay there Walk upto Lake, Rent a Bicycle, ROam in town, enjoy Tibetan Food, Ecxplore the town.

Go in December and see the clouds coming in your room or on the lake.

Its a beautiful place to relax

Room Tip: Take a room with Valley View, Enjoy there Masala tea in the evening from their real big Balcony. Al...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I travelled to Kodaikanal with my wife recently but did not book any hotel before going. After deboarding the bus, I took a cab, which took me to TTDC hotel. The hotel looked old, dull and not maintained, so we decided to hunt for other hotels. I personally knew the name of the hotel Sivapriya as I visited their group entity Rathna Stores in Chennai quite a few times. The cab driver was suggesting some other hotel (I thought he would get a better commission there) but I insisted to go to Sivapriya. After I entered the reception, I was welcomed by a large lobby with a lord Ganesha's idol kept aside. The staffs were cordial and the room that they provided was also very nice and guess what, the price was also decent i.e. Rs 1500 per night without food. I did not want to take the food package as I prefered to have non veg food and Sivapriya has only veg food. The Lake was half a kilometre away from the hotel but it was walkable. The room service was good and most improtantly, the bathroom was neat and clean. The bed had good quality matress with clean bed sheet and all rooms have got 32 inches Samsung LCD TVs. As it was early morning, I decided to have the breakfast in Sivapriya itself and to my surprise, the food was really good. During lunch time, we went out for sight seeing but decided to have the dinner at Sivapriya. Although, I would prefer non veg food but the quality of food in Sivapriya was just too good and it can beat any veg restaurant in a metro city. In short, we loved our stay at Sivapriya and would recommend every body.

Room Tip: You can definitely choose this hotel and should have food here only.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We visited this hotel for third time in June 2011,the first one in 1999 and second in May 2007.This hotel is a decent one for traveller with vegetarian diet.Food is quite good with reasonable rates.One can book a room for this hotel from Rathna stores, Pondy Bazaar,Chennai.Hotel Staff are polite.When my father was ill during our second visit,they arranged a doctor's visit also. The hotel also has a lot of free parking space with drivers rooms.Kodaikanal lake and Kurinji Andavar Temple are close to the hotel.Hot water is available only during certain period of the day.If your room is facing the road, you can have a pleasant view of the hills.

Room Tip: Room facing the roadside
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Hotel is very neat and clean. Very safe in all means... Took super deluxe room... Rates are nominal and its value foe money.... Surely i will suggest this hotel for all... Having restaurant in the ground floor... Its of pure veg.. having travel guide of their own.. They will arrange cab...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I am Govindarajan from Pondicherry..Stayed in Hotel Sivapriya for 2 days , we stayed in another hotel for a day , since it was little for , we took this hotel. The rooms are very nice and clean and the staff at room service and reception are good and polite. Since we are pure vegetarian , the Siva Ruchi restaurant was very suitable hotel for us..The break fast , lunch and the Dinner was good over there..Only the problem is that for the Dinner only the North indian items are available. Being a south indian even though the north indian items are good, we will not be able to take all the day north indian..my request to the hotel is to provide south indian tiffin items also during the diiner time.
it is a good hotel to stay with family..when i read all the reviews , i got confused actually, But my personal review is that it is a very good hotel.
B.Govindarajan

Room Tip: Book in advance to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

This was my second trip to this hotel,previous one was in 2009.My family and my friend's family we were totally 4 adults and 4 children stayed here.The room were average,with usual poor service,The resturant which is supposed to be a vegetarian resturant, they served a plate of PONGAL with 2 cockroaches(offer?).The whole team, the Manager of the hotel, the cook, the manager of the restaurant just not bothered to that and to say sorry. The joke was they served the bill for that cockroachpongal also.
I never recommed this hotel or its restaurant to any one

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Sivapriya? Share your experiences!