www.Nivalink.com was originally who I was going with,but dropped them after I found on speaking to the hotel that niva gave me incorrect info. The hotel gave me a much better offer too.However, you have to make a deposit which is usually around 60% of the total cost. You have to go with the MAP (breakfast + dinner) plan as its far out of the city in the valleys and has no decent eatery nearby.I'd read horrifying reviews of the nearest sterling valley view and didn't even venture.
The hotel has a nice roomy feel right from the driveway to the reception which is quite posh considering most hotels in Indian hill stations are rather busy and cramped. A pleasant view of the valleys around and the plus point ABSOLUTELY no noise since its a good 10 km away from the kodai lake. We had a regular cottage (the difference b/w the deluxe and regular is just a a coffee maker; but decided that we will order room service anyway, which wasn't a bright idea).
The rooms are decent ( master is huge), reasonably clean, the bathrooms not too great. The good points are the private lawns with the cottages and the childrens' play area in the back if you have a kid. Has a bar , a snooker table and TT table and a library. Something for everyone.
Now, they definitely need to improve to get at the top. The grief areas : Room service (agonizingly slow and frustrating communication and pathetic quality). U expect at least the person who answers to talk english being an up-market plc but that isn't the case. Inspite of being a peak season (when u pay a lot of money there) they were painfully slow. And the quality of food equally deplorable. Sadly thats the case with most hill stations (I dont think they get a resident chef; dont know the reason). The breakfast and dinner call for lots of improvement.( They should stick to local fare).
However, they take feedback rather well. The restaurant staff was pleasant and generally a pleasant demeanour from all the staff. However, if you are longing for good food after staying here, you can visit the carlton. They serve a sumptuous buffet spread for lunch. All in all an decent place to stay for a really short trip. Longer trips consider the carlton.
- Also Known As:
- Hill Country Resorts Kodaikanal Hotel Kodaikanal
- Hill Country Resorts Kodaikanal Hotel
- Hill Country Hotel Kodai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into a world of timeless charm at the Hill Country Holiday Resort, Kodaikanal. Indulge in a luxurious escape to this exquisite 5 acre, country-style retreat set amidst lush greenery, with a breathtaking view of the breathtaking Palani Hills. Prepare to be inspired and don't forget to pack your cameras! Delight in our pampering facilities and traditional Ayurvedic Wellness Center and Spa. Flexible when it comes to offering comprehensive variety of tours and tailor made packages. From adventure to romantic getaways, M.I.C.E (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions) or just some quality time away with the family, you'll find everything you need right here at Hill Country Kodaikanal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hill Country Resorts Kodaikanal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.