“worst,horrible,experience of my life.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kumaragiri Holiday Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodaikanal
Kumaragiri Holiday Home
Sivanady Road, Kodaikanal, India   |
Ranked #14 of 66 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
solapur
“worst,horrible,experience of my life.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We have booked this hotel online about 4 weeks before to celebrate my sons birthday.This was worst & horrible experience of my life,the hotel is very remote area far away from the main city.You have to order 4 to 5 hours before for any kind of restaurant food.The food quality served was of lowest grade after ordering for 4 to 5 hours before.The manager & waiters in the hotel are very rude & non co-operative.The only language they know was tamil.They spoiled our party that night & i was very much diasppointed for my decision of booking this hotel & decided never to visit kodaikanal in my future.I cancelled my next day's stay due to the horrible service given by the hotel manager .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kumaragiri1, Owner at Kumaragiri Holiday Home, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest, we are extremely sorry about your bad experience at our resort. We have made major changes in administration and staff since your visit (Including the manager). We can assure you that if you visit us again you will find that all aspects of our resort has improved dramatically the service ,the food etc.,). We Sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again.

- The Management and Staff @ Kumaragiri, Kodaikanal

P.S.- Happy Holidays to You, your Family, Friends and Well-wishers

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

My friend referred tis hotel.
After a sick travelling from chennai to kodai. This hotel made us relaxed. It was awesome. The owner stays in madurai. A small family manages this hotel. Selvam-a young & very helpful person manages this hotel. He went after 12 midnight in rain to get cigars for us.
Food was homely and customised. Cheap too with campfire at night.
this hotel is recommended for all kind of people. www.kodaikanalhotels.com
its a superb guest house

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hosur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We Myself, My spouse Sudha, sons Rithish & Sharan were at Kumargiri on 15th & 16th of May 09.

The services are excellent.

The room service Which is handled by Mr. Pandian is extra-ordinary.

The food service provided also very much homely & better in taste at nominal rates.

Eventhough we have booked double-bed room (room No 10), which was not vacated when we reached, We have been accomodated on Room No 11 (Trible bedroom) for the same tariff, without any further discussion, thanks to Mr. Vivakanandhan's advance information.

Excellent co-ordination for local tour and timely support whenever required, which we were in need, when my boy was get hurt during the play. The play area is Ok for the rooms available & maintained neatly.

Finaly to say it is a good place for middle class people, those want to stay away from the crowded town, atleast during liesure time.

• Liked — Excellent room service & tour arrangements
  • Disliked — attched bathrooms
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chennai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

I had been to this resort last week and It was totally a worst experice for me. I had booked the accomadation 3 weeks in advance by money transfer. Their website states that this is one of the luxurious resorts available in Kodai. But my experiece with this resort and staff was totally different. As soon as I landed in Kodai, I had put in great efforts to locate the place, as it is not easyly accessible, very remote and interior place. My first encounter in the resort was with the drunken unfriendly staff. There was no power suppy and abience was pathetic.

The pictures that are shown on their website are totally misleading. there was no hot water available in the room. For this kind of pathetic accomodation I ended up in paying 1200/-, where in Kodai, 3 star hotel would cost us only 800/-, that too whcich is accesible to all the tourist places.

There is no food available in this resort.

• Liked — There is nothing best about it.
  • Disliked — There are lot of things to share as I did earlier.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

we go to kodai almost every summer. by far the best place i found to stay was kumaragiri through the web. it is a private owned cottage type hotel with a restraunt and lovely gardens. the garden here has so many exotic flowers that they have received a cupboard full of trophies for the best garden. the rooms are neat and clean. they took care of our needs very well.the food was served hot and they r very tasty with not too much of oil. it is located 3 km from the lake and is adequately far from the crowds and noise which seems to have increased these days in kodai. it is very refreshing to go for a morning walk in the garden. one day we walked to the kurinji temple which is also near to kumaragiri. i liked the lake and boating very much.the bear shola falls is lovely. the pillar rocks r best to be seen in the early mornings as the sun rises and there is very little crowd.and if u r planning to go to berijam lake be sure to get permission from the forest department. i think they r not open on weekends. altogether i had a great time in kodai.

Been to Kumaragiri Holiday Home? Share your experiences!