“Kodaikanal - Hotel Jai” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 64 hotels in Kodaikanal
Mumbai
“Kodaikanal - Hotel Jai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I traveled to Kodaikanal in the first week of Oct 2013. Pick and drop to Kodai Rd railway station was arranged by Hotel Jai. Pretty happy with the rooms and quality of service at Hotel Jai. Cabs for sightseeing and local drops was easily available at a reasonable price. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast available at the hotel. I would recommend the place to all and would like revisit the place again in future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

<to admin>
Please publish this review only if you are ok.

I had a very unpleasant experience with Jai hotel today (05th Oct 2013 at 9:10 PM). On seeing that rooms are available through Tripadvisor (agoda, venere and expedia showing rooms available), I just wanted to check with hotel what room they would advise for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids. I spoke to a person who identified himself as Mr.Sheikh. I was surprised when he told me that rooms are not available on the dates mentioned in Tripadvisor site and it would be cancelled if i book through agoda or any such agency mentioned in Trip advisor.

I was disappointed and confused whether i should go with Tripadvisor or the hotel. I am keeping my booking on hold until the issue is sorted out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

After spending a long time on the web searching for various hotels in kodaikanal for my honeymoon, I zeroed in for this hotel and it was a right decision. They allowed us to check in 3 hours prior to the normal check in policy without charging me extra.We stayed there for three nights and the rooms are amazing. Toilets are neat and clean. Food is good. Breakfast served was amazing. One thing I cant stop talking about is the Service. what ever assistance I needed they helped with it. Prabhu at the hotel helped me out with taxi arrangements and information regarding kodaikanal. I wanted to surprise my wife by taking her for a candle light dinner for one of the nights and I was trying to arrange it at one of the best hotels in kodaikanl but was not successful as all the top notch restaurants were full that day. Prabhu offered to arrange for the same at hotel jai and the arrangements were Truly amazing. My wife and I enjoyed it. This is the best economical and value added hotel in kodaikanal. I would like to thank all the staff for making my honeymoon memorable.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite overlooking the private garden is good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The location, ambience and behaviour of hotel staffs are great. The rooms are big with coffee and tea makers, LCD TV, wooden floor, sofa cum bed, bed and beautiful lights. Though I had double dlx booking (through cleartrip), due to unavailablity of the room, hotel manager had allocated me a higher grade. Breakfast was complimentary, location was good.
Only issue is with the hot water. It is not available 24 hours but during specific time of day and night. Otherwise, there is no issue.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your review and we appreciate the time taken by you to write a review for us.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities of our hotel. We sincerely look forward to serving you again.
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very low cost, neatly maintained, i really loved the idly they serve in breakfast wow mouth watering, Very pleasing people at work, always at service great to conduct a business meet here. I recommend strongly, cost effective meeting can be conducted for 20 member group.

Room Tip: You can choose the family room rather going for a double room, which is spacious and fully furnished...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast of our hotel. We sincerely look forward to serving you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

a very good option if you wanna visit kodaikanal, 10 mins walking from kodai lake, the hotel property is situated on a peaceful and pleasant distance.

I thoroughly enjoyed the comfort, food at breakfast, service and hospitality bundled up in a very aggressive cost effective manner.

to be honest I was surprised with the kind of packaging and luxury at the cost they provided.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay , the facilities and the breakfast of our hotel. We sincerely look forward to serving you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hi All,

We had a very pleasent stay and experienced a wonderful service. It added pleasure to our stay and worth for the money we pay.All the staffs were keen to attend the needs on time. Thanks to Mr Prabhu (manager) and all his team members for making the days memorable :).
We suggest its the best place to stay and worth ur money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We sincerely look forward to serving you again.

Been to Hotel Jai? Share your experiences!