“good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woodys kodaikanal

Woodys kodaikanal
Near fire station | 4/17 /70 Convent Road, Kodaikanal . 09994361111 /04542 242 111, Kodaikanal 624101, India
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 34 Restaurants in Kodaikanal
Cuisines: Indian
Navi Mumbai, India
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

good food....freshly prepared for customers................................................... nice garden.............. recommend to dine in in the garden.........................................

Visited July 2013

Bangalore, India
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was the only restaurant we disliked in Kodaikanal, we visited totally 5, over priced and poor service. The food was also below average. Did not like much.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Spoiled my holiday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Before you book rooms with woodys hotel, please go through my experience :

We had a weekend trip as 31st March was a regional holiday in Bangalore. As I was searching for some heritage hotels, came across Woodys hotel through GoIbibo.com.

March 28 : Booked 2 two rooms in woodys one for my family and another for my friend's family.
Recieved booking confirmation from Goibibo with the below details
GoIbibo Booking-Id HTL4G2J4HL
Hotel Booking-Id 0000065823
Amount Paid Rs. 9594.0 (March 29, 2014 to March 31, 2014)

March 29 : Reached Woodys, met the resort manager for check-in to find out that based on my booking, woodys arranged a single bedroom villa for both families on a sharing basis that too woodys kindness, to quote their bangalore manager, "No rooms available, but we somehow can manage a single room for you".

I called up Goibobo, some lady picked up my call, just to find out I have done something wrong by calling them and disturbing them in their work. After 15 minutes of argument she agreed that something gone wrong and she needs to check with woodys manager in Bangalore and promised a call back within 20 mints.

Waited 30 minutes for call back, but didnt recieved any calls. Thought of calling Woodys manager in bangalore again, and he confirmed he didnt recieve any calls from Goibibo. Also he confirmed he has recieved booking for only one room from Goibibo (A new story to the events). I asked him to forward that mail to my email id just for my verification, but as per his words "Sir, i am not in room now, i will be back in 30 minutes to room and forward you the mail". Now its April 2nd, and I think he has not arrived his room still :)

Back to main story, again called up Goibibo, -> Arguments with customer care -> 20minutes to resolve issue -> called Goibibo again after 20 minutes -> Arguments -> they are searching for some alternate accomodation as the woodys hotel just misbehaved to them and all these mess happened with the Hotel manager in Bangalore.

Also, I had an assurence from Goibibo that they are trying their max, but they cant guarentee any alternate accomodation.

I felt really cheated by Woodys as this made me aware that everything happened is a planned drama between Woody's Bangalore manager and Goibibo. I was loosing my patience and I informed them that I am moving to Police station with my wife and let them decide what to do.

The story continued as same for another 3 hours -> every 15 to 20 minutes calling Goibobo -> they are still searching -> searching -> searching

Finally, Gods grace Goibibo and Woodys was so kind on me to book another room in a nearby hotel. The "Professionally Trained executive " at Goibibo customer care was so happy to inform me that its my wish either to choose that accomodation they offer or I will be loosing my 10,000. As it was getting late and no other option available, i was left with no other option just to accept their offer.

** I know am giving such a long story to read, but hope this helps others to get an idea about how this hotel guys behave.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Woody's restaurant is located in a beautiful heritage building that is nearly 200 years old. The food is good - what you'd expect from a Woody's. The service was great when we visited, despite it being the off-season.

I would definitely recommend dropping in for a dosa.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“In the woods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Couldn't find it easily. Had read about it. Since we went from Bangalore we searched for the woodys and had a nice simple lunch. After a long walk we enjoyed the lunch amidst the serene surroundings. Worth visiting!

Visited September 2013