“A very pleasant and memorable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort
Observatory Road | 19/12-20, Kodaikanal 624101, India   |
Ranked #3 of 74 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
Bangalore
“A very pleasant and memorable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in Mount Pleasant from 15th May to 18th May 2013.We were 5 Adults and 2 kids. Mr.Najmal(owner) had given us a warm welcome and showed us around the premises. He and his family were very friendly and they treat you as one of their family members. The surrounding were very calm and green. The backyard and front yard has pear trees.There is a small play area for kids outside, which the kids liked.

We had booked the Prime Suite and this room had a another open room upstairs. The kids were very happy with this room.
The rooms are clean and well maintained. During your stay, I am not sure they would clean up your room when you are out unless you request for it.
The breakfast was very delicious (idli, sambar, chutney, poori,omlette, bread toast with butter). You will have to inform in advance if you will be present for lunch or dinner.

The location is very good and Mr.Syed (Tour operator) had helped arrange for sightseeing every day. We had a chevrolet Tavera driven by Stephen a young and kind chap. I recommend to book your daily tours through Syed.
Stephen was a good and skillful driver and guide, He doesnt speak hindi or any other language, but he can understand english and replies back in tamil :) Though we dont speak Tamil, being from southern India, and having used to listening to Tamil, it was easy for us to understand what he has trying to say. If you speak tamil, he would be the best to guide you around.

The upper lake view is actually walkable from this place. It might take 10 to 15 mins. It would be cool to walk over there early at 6.30 or 7 AM to have a nice view. Beside the homestay, there is a flower nursery, you might have a look, though it is not a sightseeing place, its worth having a look.

Places to Eat:
Abys Cafe for snacks (chats, pasta, pizza etc)
Pastry corner
Cloud street
Astoria (only veg)

All in All, our stay was very pleasant and enjoyable. My thanks to Mr.Najmal and his family for making our stay a memorable one.
Highly recommend for families, if you have kids, book the prime suite.

Best Regards,
Sam & Family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
dombivli, Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed in this homestay with my family, from 11 May to 14 May 2013. I select this hotel from Trip advisor. The homestay is located in a quiet and beautyful location, at 2 Km. away from city. Property is well maintained. I stayed in upper rooms, with additional mazzenine level bed.
Rooms were clean and well furnished. Toilets were clean and hot water available all the time. There is free access to mini library and a telescope.
The owner of the homestay, Mrs. and Mr. Najmal were present all the time to take care of us. They help us in every possible manner.Food was excellent and homely and we enjoyed it.
Way from the main road to homestay is very steep. We had no own vehicle, so everytime we had to climb up to reach the main road. During our stay, due to some reason, there was shortage of house keeping staff. Our rooms and toilets were not cleaned during our stay. Hope that the issue is resolved by now.
Overall it was a nice time we spent with mount pleasant.

Room Tip: Roos at upper level are better.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Three of us husband,my son and me had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the pleasant hospitality of this resort. Throughout from booking till stay we had a very good experience and pampered by the hotel staff , especially by Mr.Nejmal and his family. Food was homely and never felt to have outside food. Room is clean and neat. In total it was a pleasant stay , look forward to stay again and we'll recommend to friends. Arul, Deepa and Nitin

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Mount Pleasant was recommended by our friend (Mr. Syed) in Kodaikanal. We also browsed the net for information & found this place suitable for our stay. The location was peaceful. The rooms were well maintained. Guests have access to the mini library & telescopic view. Food served was delicious. We were amazed by the hospitality. It was a home stay away from home.

- Balaji, Chennai

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We that is my family of three-myself, my wife and my kid stayed in this calm resort on 13th May to 15th May 2013. For city dwellers like us it was just a heavenly stay. We thoroughly enjoyed our peaceful and calm stay in the valley at really cool temperatures, with homely food and warmth from the host- Ms and Mr Najmal. I recommend to all my fellow travellers to stay and enjoy in this excellent property at a really reasonable rate.

S Karan Chandra Bose
Sr. Finance and Accounts Officer
CRIDA
Hyderabad
9440725032, 9440326210

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Well, After seeing a lot of good reviews on Trip Advisor, I contacted at the resort reception. I was very excited to have my good holidays in Kodaikanal. I asked about the price of rooms and the facilities that they provide for each category of rooms. Then I requested him to send me a quotation so that I can transfer the advance to his account. The guy (his name is Najmal) was so pathetic that he is not replying anything clearly. Also when I am sending repeated reminder mails he is said "you can see the price list on the site ... and transfer advance to the account asap". In spite of the fact that I contacted first and the room was available at that time and I was continuously following up with him, he replied with so much pride that "Sir, the room has already has been booked !!". Even thought it very disappointing to me when I listen him. But then I realized he carries this much of ego because Trip Advisor shows good rating for this resort. I wanted to say one thing to everybody that, Its just a few ratings which makes perception for few resorts awesome, actually there are dozens of resorts which are much better than this. Also the guy like this keep enjoying the outcome of ratings :-(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Like everyone, we visited this resort after going through the reviews in tripadvisor. Locating this resort was difficult, but the guy from the resort showed us the route from the mosque. The resort looks very good(both exterior and interior), rooms are very neat and well maintained.Excellent hospitality from Mr.Nitin. Nice collection of books for both kids and adults.
Food served was very nice. Tastes like home made food.

We opted for premium suite(2 adults 2 kids). But I felt the room size was not sufficient.Though extra bed for provided, we had to move the furnitures present in the room to accomate this bed. Not sure whether all premium suite rooms are of the same size.
Climbing up to the main road might be difficult for inexperienced drivers.

I would recommend prime suite for a family of 4. Prime suite is much more spacious.

Overall worth the money spent.
Definitely recommended for families.

Room Tip: Go for prime suite if you are a family with 2 kids.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mount Pleasant Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!