“Perfect for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairway Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodaikanal
Fairway Inn
Ranked #4 of 74 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
Coimbatore, India
“Perfect for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went with our kids to kodaikanal and after filling in some initial questionaires we were allowed to stay in this exclusive homestay. The care we got from the owner with attention to almost every detail was phenomenal. The lovely garden was great for our kids to run around and there were some fish to feed. It was very peaceful and my husband caught up on some movies and I got some reading done, the kitchen is very convenient for me to occasionally make some treats for our kids but we got free goodies galore during our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FairwayInnKodaikanal, General Manager at Fairway Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much Madam for your kind words. It was truly a pleasure for us to serve and host you and your family.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at Fairway Inn for 2 nights and also another nature property in Kodaikanal. When we enquired to book we were asked to fill in a simple questionnaire. Based on this our vacation was tailor made for us. We were greeted with a warm welcome and a lot of sweets and refreshments awaited us. We went out all day exploring that town and had hot meals waiting for us. We liked the beautiful gardens and even managed to workout once in the gym. The big screen tv and gaming system let us while away the time and relax in the cold evenings with a warm fire. The owner made sure all of us were well taken care off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir, thank you for your great feedback and review. We look forward to hosting you again.
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had an spectacular time at Fairway Inn. It was so peaceful and quiet, and yet so close to everything else in the town. The food was served hot and fresh and to our cottage.
The giant tv and the wii gaming system kept us busy despite the bad weather, and we watched some good movies too. There was a very informative book on Kodaikanal that was quite interesting reading and the service was excellent. We got lots of goodies and felt thoroughly pampered and spoilt. Overall a wonderful time and we will stay only here when we return to Kodaikanal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Sir for your review. We enjoyed hosting you and are glad that you had a wonderful time. with us.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Being a workaholic that I am, I badly needed a break. And since I had not visited many parts of India, I decided that my first stop would be Kodaikanal. I googled several homestays as living in a hotel defeats the purpose of enjoying your surroundings... and Fairway Inn showed up. I almost ignored it thinking it was some European homestay, but much to my surprise it was in Kodaikanal. I got in touch with Navin, the proprietor who guided me on which bus to take and how to get there. Since I was new to the place, he was kind enough to even receive me at the Bus stop.

Fairway Inn is a beautiful place, tucked away in the middle of nowhere. Lush green gardens all around me, a cozy warm, neat and tidy cottage was awaiting me. Words cannot describe this place.. you have to live here to experience it. Right from the time I stepped into this inviting place to the time I left for mine, I was attended to by house helps each time I needed anything. I also spotted a greenhouse. So I knew that the stuff that I was eating was freshly prepared and delicious!

If you need to relax and really unwind, then is the place for you. I came home refreshed and I'm planning my next trip soooooon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much Madam for your kind words of appreciation. We have a colonial cottage that has a very much of an European feel like you rightly mentioned.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been coming to Kodaikanal for many years and this is hands down the one place, where i feel like I can get away from it all and still feel at home. The cottage is exceptionally comfortable, well maintained and has a charming feel to it. Also, the owners have been in the area for many many years and were able to guide me to all the "best of Kodai" type activities, often telling me about some of the unique delights of this place. I stayed for a whole week in early October and was able to also complete writing my novel...Would recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Kodaikanal.

Room Tip: Speak to the owner. Very helpful guy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sir we loved hosting you and were glad that you were able to give you the privacy and care for you to work on your book during your time here.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We came across the Trip Advisor reviews on Fairway inn while looking for a perfect place in Kodai to relax and unwind from our hectic life. I was looking for a quiet place away from all the main roads, wife wanted a place not far from the main attractions and kids wanted some open spaces where they could walk around and play anytime safely. This property seemed to fit fine and that is how we got in touch with them. The owner responded promptly and gave us the details and went one step ahead to gather our likes and dislikes and expectations during the stay.

We reached the Kodai and thanks to the directions provided by them we could easily find the place. It is nicely tucked away from the main road and has a very private home like appearance. The stone walled cottage, the flowering plants all around, a small kitchen, modern gadgets like a large screen LED TV, DVD player, WI-FI internet, Wii games, refrigerator, Microwave, room heater etc- ensured that we were well equipped for a great vacation. The place was like that home on the high hills -you always wanted to own, far away from the city but with all the comforts!! The staff was courteous and provided the breakfast and dinner based on our choice. We opted to have lunch outside. The owner made sure that everything is in order and even surprised us with some tasty specials every day. Kids had a great time in the garden and feasted on the chocolates and sweets they got every day.

It was off-season and was raining occasionally, kodai was not very crowded. We used to drive to the major attractions in the morning and return by evening during our 3 days stay. The WI-FI in the room kept the kids occupied after they return from the garden and lawns. We could make an evening tea ourselves as the kitchen was stocked with basic supplies. Time did not fly like how it does here in the city, we spent a lot of time together chatting to each other, playing silly games with kids and it was a great time for the whole family.

The attention, thoughtfulness and interest in guest’s well-being that was shown by the owner and the staff along with their flexibility to adapt to each and everyone’s personal needs is something that set this place at much higher level than anyone; even the 5 star rated hotels. If you are open to a different experience and value the comfort of a ‘home away from home’ kind of stay, you need not look beyond Fairway inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir, it was truly a pleasure for us to host you and your family. We are very glad to hear that you had a good experience and was able to relax and spend quality time with your family away from the city buzz.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to book my stay at a homestay, always preferred hotels. However a friend recomended the place and the momment i stepped on to the property it took my breath away! Gorgeous sweeping gardens, lots of area for the kids to run around,fresh crisp air and a cosy little cottage.
The cottage was spic and span.
The service was always promt and the owner went out of his way to make us feel welcome.
Infact we extended our stay by another day!!
Need i say more?

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you Madam. We are absolutely delighted that you and your family decided to stay an extra day after experiencing our hospitality. Thats is an excellent compliment for us.

Been to Fairway Inn? Share your experiences!