“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Delhi
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We had awesome holidays at Zest Cockers Villa. I had gone to South for some family function and eventually I got the chance to weekend stay at Zest Resort. It was superb experience at Coakers Villa. I would like to visit this resort again along with my family. their staff is very cooperative and services are quick. must stay here when in Kodaikanal.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

i had great holidays at Zest Cockers Villa. I had gone to South for some family function and eventually I got the chance to weekend stay at Zest Resort. It was superb experience at Coakers Villa. I would like to visit this resort again with my family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

I have a lot to write about my bitter experiences with this hotel where I stayed with my family in October 2010
But let me keep it short and in bullets:
1. If you are expecting "good service", DON'T go here. The hotel staff is lazy and they will NOT take care of you well.
2. They claim to have only 11 cottages there, however on the second night - dinner, we were made to wait 1 hr 35 mts before food was served. They said they were very busy !! Kids were starving and finally started crying before they got their food.
3. Food is below average. What ever you order will have the same taste.
4. They said they have some arts/packages to keep kids entertained. But they did not have a single thing there.. They kept saying everything has to come from Madurai and they have ran out of all arts/craft items
5. They arranged me a cab pickup from Kodai road - Charged me Rs. 2100. I later found out that ongoing rate was Rs 950 - 1100 !!
6. View from the hotel is awesome - Probably the only best point.,
7. We went in October and obviously it was cold - THERE WAS NO PROPER HOT WATER SUPPLY in the bathroom. The pressure in hot water tap was so low that we had to wait 20 mts before a small bucket got filled...for the same reason, having a bathtub in the room was a waster....It would probably take 1 day for the bathtub to fill.
8. Anytime we complained about water, they said "we will switch onthe motor", but with not much use.
9. BELIEVE ME...HOTEL HAS SERIOUS PROBLEMS. DONT GO BY MAHINDRA CLUB NAME OR ZEST....THESE guys are horrible. I have traveled all over the world and this was probably the most waste of my money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Hi this is a wonderful place to stay in for Honeymooners,breath taking view of vally we were in the clouds all the time the staff is courteous and warm overall a wonderful quite place for lot of activities to be done like night trekking and plantation trip ,down hill cycling was great

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I had booked a room here for 2 nights. I got the confirmation that the room will be available. On reaching this place in the evening around 7 pm, I was plainly informed that I will be provided with a room on the condition that we vacate the premises before 10 am the following morning. The staff was rude and did consider the fact that that I had booked a room here. All they were adamant about was that I was not a Club Mahindra member. When left with no option but to walk away, they reluctantly offered me a room.

The food here was tasteless and cold. The soup that we had ordered was stale and wasn't even heated properly. The staff/cook argued with me and asked me to suggest a place where the food is cooked better.

The room was nice with nice views. No complaints about it. But overall experience with the staff was very bad.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Zest @ Coaker’s Villa is situated in Kodaikanal near the Coaker’s walk. It is at a short distance from the lake and town centre. There are a lot of fun activities to engage in like cycling, boating, trekking and horse-riding. The resort’s beauty is enhanced by the breath-taking valley view. Huge and spacious rooms surrounded by beautiful flowers capture one’s eye in serenity. Good room service and amicability of the staff is an icing on the cake. After a fun game of carrom all you need is a delicious barbeque arranged by the resort. We still have fond memories of dancing the night away to the rocking tunes around the bon-fire. To conclude, a perfect place to enjoy the tranquillity and to rejuvenate yourself.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends