“Woodys Awesome Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Woodlands Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4 /17/70, Convent Road, Kodaikanal 624101, India   |
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Kodaikanal
chennai
“Woodys Awesome Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

first of all the place is too good. pleasant to have food admits of the wonderful place . The Food quality is good and tasty. Awesome Customer service. We liked the Food very much and would like to come again and also would suggest to our friends and relatives.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After making a booking we went to the hotel on the 5th June morning.A guy was assigned to show us the room- cottage type- the bathroom window was broken and the cold air was gushing through.I asked them to repair the window or show me another room.The guy opened room no 4 and vanished.I asked them to shift my luggage and no one was around .Atlast the incharge came to shift the luggage.The additional bed was placed and was not made.very reluctantly the attendant made the extra bed shabbily and vanished. No external light and in darkness we have to go to the restaurant which was deserted and have to select from a limited food option. They take only cash and no credit cards, another misery. I vocated the room and shifted to another hotel.The room was so cold, no heater was provided,After a prolonged conversation I was told that the heater is charged to the room, No extra pillows,bitter experience.

Room Tip: do not make the mistake of staying
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Woodlands or Woodys as one would call it normally, Location - huge property with green all around and no city traffic noise
Rooms are in the form of individual modern style cottages, Spacious, Huge comfy bed, good shower (24 hrs) cos in Kodaikanal most hotels have timings for hot water!!?
food is Veg - and woodys food is always good (not awesome).
few problems with plumbing in our single cottage, but nothing to curse about, ignorable.

Room Tip: refer my name Victor Lazaro (Bangalore) to the GM or manager, Nirdosh or Lyndon respectively for goo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiruchirappalli, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

we were looking for rooms and went there.there was a guy in the reception who was startled to see us. on seeing the shabby looking container houses which we wanted to have our lunch so we said we came for lunch. he went inside and never came back. we left the place after a long wait and thanked god for not having made any prior booking in this hotel. before the guy went in he confirmed that they were the rooms!!!!

Room Tip: best tip is avoid the hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked Woodys Kodaikanal hotel thinking it would be good hotel as of Woodys Bangalore hotels since it belongs to same group. But when I arrived at hotel there was a disappointment for me at every stage.

Hotel Check-in:
When I arrived at hotel, no one was there at reception. I had to search for someone from hotel to help me.. finally I found one room service boy. He completed the check-in formalities and showed me the room. No one from hotel bothered to help me carry the baggage.

Quality of dining area:

Hotel dining area just opposite reception is pathetic. It had wooden flooring and large gaps were created because of broken flooring. Floor use to tilt when we keep leg on it. Children's feet can easily get stuck inside this flooring and it is really dangerous for children. Kitchen area was very dirty. I am attaching here with kitchen and dining area photos.

Quality of rooms
Rooms had just a cement concrete flooring (no tiles, no wood flooring, no carpet) with sticker to make it look like wooden flooring (photo attached). In Kodai weather, room was getting very chilled (colder than outside temperature) and it was really difficult to stay in room especially during night time. They had provided 2 thin single, normal blankets which was of no use for Kodai temperature. They told they don't have double blankets.. I asked the manager there to provide good quality blankets which will help us to withstand cold weather there. But told these are good quality blankets and they do not have better than this. I asked him to at least provide a room heater as we were not able to stay in room as it was very cold. He told it is chargeable and he refused to give it for free. I called up makemytrip... makemytrip executive tried convincing him to give me complementary room heater but Woodys manager refused to give it for free. Finally I paid extra 300 Rs for 10 hours usage of room heater usage. Rooms have no AC or fans (anyway not needed in Kodai)
Toilet flush was not working.. I had to use bucket water to flush.
No bath soaps, toothpastes were provided at room.
Geyser used to take more than 1 hour to heat one bucket of water.

Food quality:
I had ordered for Dosa and puri. Puri was okay,, but dosa was so much roasted that, center half portion was totally black (no dark brown,, it was BLACK).. He took one hour to prepare this and I was feeling hungry and I had to eat this.. but immediately I had a vomiting as dosa was totally burnt.
For dinner, I ordered thali meal.. Not all items mentioned in menu were given.. for exa. thali was suppose to come with sweet,, but they did not give sweet. Woody's has only 12 rooms in kodai and many of them were vacant.. so, as not many guests were there,, they were not prepared to cook everything that you see in menu. Food options were very limited and food was not good.

Management and service at hotel:

You can say no service or no management at hotel. Nobody will be at reception most of the times.. No intercom at rooms.. If you need something, you have to walk through entire hotel, search for someone and ask them. Room to reception/dining area was around 100 meters and in one day I walked around 10 times for different reasons such as to order water, breakfast, etc.

Checkout:

I checked out from hotel in the morning and I left my luggage with hotel since I don't wanted to carry it with me while going for site seeing. When I came back to pick the luggage, as usual manager was not there. Room service guy told that manager has gone out and key is with him. I had to wait for half an hour to collect my luggage.

In summary, WOODY'S STAY SPOILED MY HOLIDAY AT KODAIKANAL. Hotel ambiance outside is good,, but rooms and service are pathetic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Delhi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is located in the middle of the city, however the landscaping inside the hotel complex makes one feel away from the city chaos. The only good part about the hotel is its beautiful landscaping and 24 hour hot water. The rooms are big, but they are not inviting enough. The staff is very lethargic and takes half an hour to just make a cup of tea. The menu is overpriced. Overall an okay stay if you do not want to eat anything inside the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Resorts are good,with good ambience, however there are lots of thing needs to improve they can organize bone fire in garden or Buffet dinner in open garden. cottage are clean but blanket is not too much good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Been to Woodlands Resort? Share your experiences!