“A good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 77 Kodaikanal B&B and Inns
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“A good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

It was a good experience I had being in this hotel. It had clean rooms. The biggest advantage I saw in the room I had stayed was that it was very spacious. It was off season and the rates were comfortable. The reception has a good open space to sit.
On the rating I would say that we need to look at what price we are paying and according to me for the price it definitely was a good four star rating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Madurai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

very neat and hygenic rooms, not expensive and very good for large groups. It is also nearer to lake. we stayed here during the peak season in the month of april 2012. there is also a good restaurant.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed with my family- 4members in all. We booked a room well in advance through some travel agent as we were really new to the place. We were cheated. They charged us more than the normal tarrif i can see now on its website. About the room- got a room somewhere in basement and was poorly maintained.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms in the basement.
Sivakasi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We booked this hotel thru Cleartrip for 2+2 kids for 3 nights in April 7-10, 2012. I called the hotel and confirmed my booking 2 hours earlier we reach but when we arrived they ask me to wait for 30 minutes to provide a room. In the room the water is in black color and hot water in the morning hours only. I asked the front office they told we cannot do anything. Our room has no ventilation, for three days no one came for cleaning. This hotel has no restaurant and Al Baiq restaurant is serving in this hotel. We went to this restaurant on 9th for dinner, when we going to sit they told today we have 150 person buffet so we can give anything to you. I told we are the guest of raahat inn, we already came here last two nights, but they send us back. VERY SHOCKING. I asked the front office they are calm. Very Bad experience in my life.

Room Tip: rooms are very bad, service is the worst
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

34 of us stayed in Raahat Inn for three days. The service was excellent. Well maintained and they themselves arranged transportation. anyway hot water in rooms will be available only by around 7.30 AM and that will be interrupted due to morning hour use by everyone. There is this hotel named Al-Baiq nearby which served excellent food. You cant find this kind of service in any other hill station hotels.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Auroville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed at the Raahat Inn from Oct. 6 to 10 2011 with my son and daughter. We did not book any hotel so we tried to get a room after we arrived in Kodaikanal. I checked some of the hotels that I already saw on the internet but the rooms were not as good as I had expected. On the way to another hotel we found Raahat Inn. The building was so clean and modern we checked the room and just decided to stay there. We stayed in a duplex which was spacious and very clean. This hotel opened recently so everything was very clean including Mattress, bed sheet, sofa and so on. My daughter liked this duplex very much. I believe this is very good for family. However hot water was not provided as they promised. It is not 24 hours but some hours in the morning and in the evening. But this timing was not reliable so you must be hurry when you take a shower. I booked a sight seeing tour from the guy the hotel recommended. This was a big mistake. The driver was not friendly, cost was high and he did visit only 60% compared to other travel agencies. Next day I book a trekking tour from one of the travel agencies near KIS. That was much better.

Room Tip: Some rooms are toward parking lot so take opposite side rooms if you can. There is no extra cost.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We are a group of 20 persons stayed at raahat inn kodaikanal..the hotel was nice and the person who named mr,Jaffer was very helped us in need.thanks to mr.Jaffer and the managment..they arranged a cab and mini van for us..the rates are very cheap and best..
the location in kodaikanal are good.hospitality was good and the rooms are neat and clean.mr.Jaffer provide some tips to buy some shopping things..the location of the hotel is very calm and clean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Raahat Inn? Share your experiences!