“very conveniently located” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 68 hotels in Amritsar
NEW DELHI
“very conveniently located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

I stayed at the Shiraz Regency with my family and enjoyed my stay.Very conveniently located. Good rooms with ac, courteous staff and okay food. Currently, they only have room service, the restaurant cum coffee shop is under construction. They also provide free breakfast and pick up/drop rom Rly Stn.

Will stay here on my next visit......good experience.

• Liked — good rooms and conveniently locaed
  • Disliked — room service requires improvement
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

We went to Amritsar to view the tourist attractions, but staying in the hotel was itself a very unexpected and wonderful attraction. The room was very comfortable, and for a while we almost forgot about going out of the hotel's luxurious surroundings.
Breakfast starting with room service, to dinner at the dinner hall; all I did in between was to wait to get back into the hotel.
The staff is extremely friendly, and helping. These properly presented, smart gentlemen and women gave us the kind of treatment, as if we were the most important guests in the hotel! This not only made us feel special but also made us want to stay in the hotel longer.
It was a very hard moment to leave the comfort and luxury of this beautiful home away from home.

• Liked — Food and service
  • Disliked — having to leave so soon!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

We stayed there in the month of april on our way back frm jammu the place has decent rooms . Size is good, location is great . quite a few good restaurants close by and staff was very helpfull . Over all with the crazy rates being quoted everywhere else and comapred to the room size we go to stay in the deal was great . Highly recommend for families with kids and a overnight stop in amritsar.

• Liked — location room sizes staff friendliness
  • Disliked — hot water issues
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

I was on a family trip to Manali with my daughter and wife in March 2008 and had planned to go to Amritsar on my way back.

I basically chose this place because of the proximity to the railway station and the Golden Temple.

I would recommend this place for people who are looking for a decent place at extremely affordable rates.

Prompt room service was an added advantage. The food was also pretty good.

Overall a very satisfying experience.

• Liked — Very good staff which was generally quite helpful throughout.
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

We were in Amritsar for 3 nights in March and stayed at Shiraz Regency. I have been to Amritsar a few times before and spent more money and stayed elsewhere. But I highly recommend this hotel over all the expensive "fancy" ones out there. This place is very "fancy" from the inside. The bathrooms are excellent (looks like they are recently done - very modern) and the bedrooms are clean and very well kept - far better than the others that I have stayed at.

We got very good service. There is free pick up from the railway station (which is about 5 minutes away). Very convenient for us since we took the Shatabdi from Delhi. I'm not sure but I think they provide pick up from the airport too. The location is great for the Golden Temple which is a 10 minute drive. There are taxis available all the time to hire. The staff is friendly and the owners are always around, managing the place I guess - which is great.

All in all I would recommend this place and would go back there myself on my next trip to Amritsar.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

We stayed at Hotel Shiraz for 2 nights and appreciated the friendliness of the staff there. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and responded to our requests promptly. The rooms were clean and spacious, with all the facilities expected.

Stayed April 2008

Been to Hotel Shiraz Regency? Share your experiences!