“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 72 Hotels in Amritsar
Portsmouth Hants
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Our room was on the same floor as the Lobby, seemed to be where they put UK tourists as we had a group in the same area. Noise level from the Lobby area could be heard especially when the group were leaving early at 6 am. Would have preferred a room higher up.

Food in restaurant good, if it wasn't on the menu they would cook it especially for you. Hotel ideally situated to visit the Golden Temple which is quite amazing.

Room Tip: Don't accept room on the Ground floor as the Lobby, unless you are wheelchair bound.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel is quite near to the Railway station and on one of the main roads in Amritsar. Staff is very courteous. We reached early in the morning (5:30 am) and were picked up from the station. It took 3-4 min to reach the Hotel and 5 min to get into our rooms. Rooms were nice, clean and cozy. I would suggest travelers to book their rooms with Breakfast option since they serve a pretty elaborate menu for breakfast.

There are lots of small malls, shopping outlets around the hotel. Local Cabs, Hand Rickshaws are easily available just outside the hotel. In fact to go the the station it takes only Rs. 25 - 30 in the hand rickshaw with luggage and 2 people.

Major attractions in Amritsar Viz: Golden Temple, Durgiana Temple, Jalianwala baug are all 15 - 20 minutes drive from the hotel. Wagah Border takes around 45 minutes.

Room Tip: You can choose a room which is road facing. Do not worry its not noisy since there is a garden betwe...
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nice hotel set back from the main road.Open reception area,standard North indian punjabi restaurant,breakfast is made to order, lunch and dinner is also well priced and the quality is good.The bar is comfortable and the drinks are average prices below Delhi and Mumbai.Swimming pool not in a good condtion and would not recommend to swim in for healthy reasons.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine try the first floor i
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Business trip to Delhi in cold winter post-Christmas 2011 turned to be real pleasure when I planned a pilgrim and pleasure visit and stay Hotel Ritz Plaza, Amritsar. The room was cosy and well appointed but the stay was made even more warmer with the kind courtsey of Mr Piyush Kapoor and his team - people were very hospitable and ensured we had enough of great food as a freebie! Will recommend for anyone who is planning to make a visit to this part of the country - good reason to visit Golden temple and be patriotic at Wagah Border - Jai Hind!

Room Tip: Reach out to the team directly with your request
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I had gone to Amritsar with my family and stayed at the hotel for last week end i.e 10th & 11th December.2011.
I was very much satisfied with all the services which hotel is providing.The buffet food served in their restaurant was sumptuous and had quite a good variety.
The rooms are spacious with all the modern amenities and I would recommend to all the tourist going to Amritsar for various reasons should definitely try this hotel because of its excellent location and facilities.
Hotel is centrally located in the city and is very near to golden Temple , Durgyana Mandir , Jallian Wala Bagh and easily approachable to Wagha Border which is just 35 minutes drive from the hotel.
I would like to appreciate the services and hospitality provided by Mr. Piyush Kapoor.General manager along with his staff.

Room Tip: Excellent hotel to check in for both Holy and Business visit to Amritsar.
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I would like to appreciate the services provided at Hotel Ritz during my visit to the city of Golden Temple on last week end i.e 10th-11th Dec.2011. I would like to mention that the rooms are really very comfortable and with all the modern facilities and on top of it the buffet at their restaurant serves multi cuisine sumptuous food. I am very much satisfied with the staff and the Manager of the Hotel
The location of the hotel is ideal to visit all the tourist and holy places one can visit during the stay at Amritsar like Golden temple,Jallian Wala Bagh,Durgyana Mandir and also its an easy and comfortable drive to wagha Border to see army retreat in the evening.
I would definately like to recomend all the tourist to come and enjoy the pleasant stay at Hotel Ritz.
I would also like to thank the General manager of the hotel Mr. Piyush Kapoor and his worthy staff for making my trip a memorable experience that i will cherish for long.Keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious and comfortable but yes ones facing the lawn are really good.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Do not be fooled by this hotel’s name. There is nothing Ritz about this place. First, they promised my group two rooms ready for early check-in waiting for us upon arrival so we can clean up before heading up to GT. We needed six rooms. We arrived and they kept saying 15 minutes which turned into over an hour. The two rooms were finally handed to us claiming they were ready. I opened the lid on the toilet that was wrapped with “sanitized for your protection” only to see heavy stain, Gross! We finally left for GT and asked to re-rinse the bathrooms and replace the towels. They said yes. Again, it was not done.

That night, I left my camera in our private bus. We left early the next morning. The driver told me that he turned in my camera at the front desk. If someone can only speak English and if they are organized to have a lost and found section, the problem could have been solved easily. No luck. We flew to Delhi without my camera and I was informed by our Tour Coordinator that they have my camera and they will ship it at no cost and it will be waiting for me in Jaipur. We passed Jaipur, Pushkar and were in Udaipur when I was told that they will ship it to Delhi, our final destination but they want Rs 2,000 to cover ship charges. I paid for it and they made sure they received the funds before shipping. It arrived in Delhi two days after we left. It’s been five weeks since I left Delhi and I am still at a loss how to get my camera back. No Ritz for me, ever! They know how to deliver a perfect ruined vacation!

Room Tip: Do your own research and help from sites like here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Ritz Plaza? Share your experiences!