“The best hotel in amritsar” 5 of 5 stars

Golden Tulip Amritsar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 G.T Road | Model Town, Amritsar 143001, India   |
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Amritsar
Pune, India
“The best hotel in amritsar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The perfect hotel if you are planning a trip to amritsar... I went to amritsar for 3 days and had booked the tickets from their site because I am a flavours (golden tulip loyalty program) member....
The check-in went fast and was seamless due to the manager's courteousness... The rooms were clean and very good and all the services mentioned while booking were available. The food was above expectations and the restaurant was very clean... The staff was very courteous and they helped me whenever I needed them...Golden Tulip, Amritsar made my trip a memorable on.
Regards

Kushal Shah

Room Tip: Take suites... They are the best this hotel can provide...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar!!!!

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
It gives us immense pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are really glad to receive your warm words of appreciation for our rooms and other areas of service delivery.

Your feedback has been shared internally and our associates feel delighted and motivated.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Golden Tulip in the Holy city of Amritsar.

Warm regards

Kunal Moudgil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I travel a lot with my friends and a good hotel is always sought after. Recently, I stayed at Golden Tulip and I can rank it at the top with some really reputed hotel chains. Excellent service, hospitable environment and exceptional food is all one expects and that's what I was welcomed by.
Plus one can easily visit the Golden Temple, Wagah Border and Railway Station. So, no problems with transportation. I can say that I am a very happy customer of Golden Tulip!

Room Tip: My room was towards the North and it was really quiet...so that can be a great pick
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!!

Thank you for your gracious comments.

Your appreciation of our hotel, restaurants, its location and our staff is overwhelming. Thank you for your heartfelt words of praise which have been shared with the entire team for whom this will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Warm regards.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My dad stays here very regularly(4-5 times in a month). I came here for our family trip to amritsar and near by places. I find this hotel at par with * hotels, being from hospitality background, I could easily judge this hotel on grounds of service and overall ambience.
Courteous staff, nice ambience overall. Spacious rooms, 24hrs hot water supply. We went for dinner at the restaurant, the only thing that pinch is its music, that was quite loud and also they need to work little on their menu in regards to accompaniments and also to add some more varities. ( You will not find Sarso ka saag and Makke ki roti - being in the capital city of Punjab, very strange) which I had mentioned it comment card, hope they will take some remedial action. Also I"ll recommend if they can work little on their standard reciepes, in regards to authenticity.
Breakfast buffet was great ! Simply loved it. You will find everything.
Best part is, hotel will not deviate from any standards mentioned in their website and catalogue. 100% delivery of committment.
I will definitely like to come back. Good job by the entire team.
Highly recommended.

Warm regards,
Rahul Garg

Room Tip: Try this one , Superb Hospitality !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!!!

We thank you for choosing Golden Tulip in the Holy City of Amritsar for your stay. We are grateful to you for having spared a few moments to share your experience and appreciation of our product and services.

Your feedback has been shared with our entire team, and they are delighted to know that they have lived up and exceeded your expectations in making your stay here, a memorable experience. They thank you for this generous feedback.

Your genuine and valuable evaluation of our performance inspires us to continue achieving even higher standards of service excellence.

I sincerely hope that our distinctive service will persuade you to stay at many beautiful properties of Golden Tulip Hotels across India & world in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back at Golden Tulip, Amritsar sometime soon.

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

A perfectly comfortable, well-organised and modern hotel. It's only drawback is that it's a good two miles from the old town of Amritsar. It's on the road to Lahore, about half a mile from the railway station. For all that it's a busy road, a courtyard in front of the hotel keeps the traffic noise to a minimum. Can't speak for the bedrooms overlooking the road, but our side-facing room was fine. The room was international standard, no problem at all. The hotel is slightly unusual for Indian hotels, in that it had a bar (Sikhs are more tolerant of our Western vices than the Hindus). The Kingfishers slid down a treat. The bar food is good too, with enormous portions: a single club sandwich with chips was a perfectly good lunch for both of us. The restaurant was fine, with some terrifically tasty food on offer, even by Indian standards.

Room Tip: Suggest you avoid rooms which face the main road - traffic noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest ,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar

Thank you for your kind review for Golden Tulip in the Holy City of Amritsar. It is always very nice when our guests enjoy their stay and share their experiences.

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We are glad that our facilities, comfort level of our rooms and our breakfast buffet have made your stay experiences delightful.

Thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back once again on your next stay.

Yours sincerely,
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I visited amritsar in dec'12 with my friends.Hotel atmosphere is very pleasant.staff is very freindly and everyone is very helpful and always there for you.Location of the hotel is really good everything is near by be it Golden Temple,Railway Station or Wagha Border.Food is really good nice Indian food.I have visited many resturants and hotels in amritsar but services was not good but in Golden tulip staff is awesome helpful & understanding.Please do visit this hotel whenever you vist amritsar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar!!!

We do appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and great product experience for all our guests.

My team and myself look forward to welcome you back.

With best regards

India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for a night on 22 Dec 2012. The hotel was running full and we had managed to get 4 rooms from venere.com at close to the going rates. The exterior of the hotel and model town locality is a let down but once you step inside, it is certainly not bad. A well designed lobby with a coffee and pastry shop tucked in a corner.

To go up to the rooms, we had 2 antique elevators from OTIS, little slow but good enough as the hotel is not a high-rise.

Rooms were reasonably decent sized with clean beds, acceptable toilets. Good enough to spend the night as we were out of the hotel for most of the time.

Did not have breakfast as a local friend treated us to the most authentic Amritsari breakfast. But we had lunch at the hotel restaurant upon check-in. Food was good enough.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to those visiting Amritsar if the purpose is a functional stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear valued Guest ,

Season's Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!!!

My team and I are very pleased to read your pleasant comments in praise of the property. Every effort has been made to ensure that world-class facilities and comfort are offered to our guests. We have noted your comment and I assure you that I will look into the matter personally.

We look forward to serving you again.

Regards,

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very pleasant hotel. Stayed there with 10 other family members. Staff were friendly and ever ready to help. We were given late checkout but was caught in traffic for several hours after the check out time, and the reception staff were understanding and accommodated our situation. The food at the restaurant was tasty. Used the gym, the equipment was slightly dusty but regardless of that the gym was big and had several choices. Location is a plus as the Golden Temple is near by.I have stayed in several other hotels in Amritsar before, and will definitely be coming back to this hotel for my next visit.

Dear Valued Guest,

Season's Greetings from Golden Tulip, Amritsar !!!

We are indeed privileged to have had you as a guest and are pleased to receive such feedback. Our aim is to provide comfort and luxury coupled with a personal touch that makes the experience a pleasant one.

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team, and hope to be your preferred destination while in Holy city of Amritsar.

Regards,

Kunal Moudgil

Been to Golden Tulip Amritsar? Share your experiences!