“A Great Hotel at a very cheap rate!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hong Kong Inn

You added Hotel Hong Kong Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Hong Kong Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hotel Lane, Opp. Country Inn Hotel | Queens Road Near Crystal Chownk, Amritsar 143001, India   |
Offers & Announcements
Luxury Room 1995 INR
Ranked #1 of 70 Hotels in Amritsar
Ahmedabad, India
“A Great Hotel at a very cheap rate!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was planning to go to amritsar for the very first time with the thrill in heart to see wagha border and golden temple. I was googling out the hotels in amritsar and came across this hotel. I read the reviews and decided to go on the reader's reviews.

To my good fate, everything was as per the good reviews. A good hotel with the decent room. The staff was too co-operative and they allowed me to live in even beyond the check-out time. The jain breakfast was too tasty and my tongue goggled with the very famous amritsari kulcha..The room service was also very good.

Thank you all the staff at hotel, I would definitely come down to your hotel at my next visit to the very beautiful city Amritsar.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Navi Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Hi,

I stayed in this hotel on the night of 15 Dec 2013. I selected this hotel based on the TA review only and it really met with the quality and ratings mentioned on TA. When I booked this hotel, by mistake I took 2 Dec as my booking date and paid the amount and all the formalities. Hotel management had taken into consideration about my wrong date (as I had mail communication with them in the morning regarding the room and meals). Kudos for that.

Only bad part I had during my stay at this hotel is about bed linen quality i.e. they were not cleaned properly or due to improper drying i.e. not given enough sunlight, some sort of foul smell / odor was coming out of linen. I request hotel management to take care of it.

Room Tip: Room no. 107 is at ground floor and was not having any view so please, avoid it.
Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I assure you your comments are very important for us and I will view the same very seriously and take corrective action.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Good hotel. Clean comfortable and family run. Staff was quick efficient polite and knowledgable about the area. They helped arrange transportation and were helpful with food choices. There is no real restaurant but room service was good.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. Like most places in india it is loud and hard it get a good night sleep
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed just one night. Room was quite acceptable, choice of a/c, fan, and heater. Decent amenities, good helpful staff, full of useful tips and suggestions, offered 15% discounts on nearby restaurants. Biggest advantage is proximity to possibly the best restaurant Crystal, yet away from the bustle of the crowded city. If you discount the approach road (very narrow), overall a very good value for money hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed a 2 night stay here. The hotel was down a difficult to access lane (Hotel Lane) but was a good setup. We had a big room, a good shower & toilet, a small park at the back of our room, opening windows, choice of air conditioning or fan, bathroom amenities, a complimentary minibar of coke, juices and water, good wifi and a softer bed. There was no onsite restaurant but the meals produced from the hotel kitchen were delivered to your room-great food. If you preferred to dine out the hotel provided a 15% discount card to be used at a variety of restaurants around the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2013

Lucknow, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our stay in your hotel was our pleasure.

We enjoyed the stay & also loved the food served to us. The staff was also well-mannered & co-operative.

Also warm reception & farewell by you was mesmerizing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. I Will share your appreciation with my entire team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Hong Kong inn after having read the good reviews, and since we arrived on Saturday morning at 4 AM and left on Sunday, we thought it was two nights! But the friendly staff told us that this was merely an early check in, and in our case would be free!
We were very happy with the transport arrangements to the border and the airport, since they were cheaper than cabs and always on time!
The food was brought to the rooms, all had a homely feel to it!
We will definetely recommend this place to other travelers!
PS: work on your coffee please, nothing worse than waking up in anticipation for a good coffee and then you get boiled milk and water with too little coffee in it!

• Stayed December 2013

Thanks.

Been to Hotel Hong Kong Inn? Share your experiences!