“Comfortable and good stay during the visit to Holy city Amritsar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Alstonia

You added Comfort Inn Alstonia to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Alstonia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   SCO - 111, Distt. Shopping Centre, | Near Regional Passport Office, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar 143001, India (Formerly Hotel Alstonia)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Amritsar
New Delhi, India
“Comfortable and good stay during the visit to Holy city Amritsar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

This hotel is situated in Ranjit avenue , around five km from crowded old city Amritsar. The hotel maintains good room, free parking space and coffee shop.

Our family stay was good and comfortable.

Love to stay at this place again n again.

Free Parking and complimentary breakfast adds vale for return of your money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I had the misfortune of staying in Hotel Alstonia at Amritsar (India). Initially I thought it was a cool hotel, to be fair the hotel building is decent, the ambience is fine and the rooms are comfortable in size. Even the room price of Rs1600/- inclusive of taxes seemed like bargain. The only thing which mars all this is their totally apathetic service and constant false promises which the front office / room service staff dish out. We had booked three rooms for 19/11/2010 couple of days earlier. We were on a business trip and time was at a premium. When we reached the hotel at 9pm after a long journey they only had two rooms ready for us and one room would be given soon as it still had some luggage of guests left. This after they had confirmed 2 – 3 times on phone when we would be reaching the hotel and checking in. I was allotted room no. 510 but was asked to wait in my colleague’s room where the front office person said the keys will be sent. And from there our difficulty started. First when my colleague asked for a bottle of plain water at room temperature, they insisted that he should have the chilled water of the fridge. After some persuasion they promise to send the water in “two minutes”. The “two minutes” turn into twenty minutes and there is neither sign of water nor the keys of my room. On calling the front office again they say that the water and keys have been dispatched and will be reaching us in “two minutes”. After another 10 minutes and when we again call the front desk they say they have dispatched the things. By now it is getting really late and we were tired. Also we feared that we would miss dinner which we had planned to take in a restaurant outside. Now it is 45 minutes since we checked into the room, the water had arrived but no key to my room. So I finally decide to go down to the lobby. My colleague couldn’t go down as he had been given the room but without any key. Instead a cardboard piece was inserted in the electricity socket. In the lobby I meet the Manager, who arranges for the keys finally. It is one hour after we had checked in and after umpteen phone calls. My colleague later asked the front desk person why the things promised were not done properly, and he said that he doesn’t know as he was in the night shift and the person who had checked us in was from previous shift. It seems the hotel management thinks that to run a good hotel you need a nice building and service can go for a toss. There are no systems and processes. They also claim to have free Wi-Fi, but what they forget to tell is it is available only in the lobby, seems like they love misguiding their guests. There are many more good hotels in Amritsar, and in future I will avoid Alstonia for sure.

Dalhousie, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I happened to travel to Amritsar and stayed at Hotel Alstonia for the night. The hotel is very well located and newly built with all modern facilities which you might find in a 5 Star hotel. The staff was extremely courteous, helpful, and went out of their way to give us personal service. I want to thank Mr. Sanjay Kachroo, GM of the hotel who went out of his way to help me with a personal matter. It is two weeks after my stay and Mr. Kachroo is still working on that issue. Thanks to him once again. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very spacious with all the modern amenities. The lobby is very open and spacious. We were welcomed in the room with a fruit basket and cookies. There are several restaurants in the hotel that serve different kinds of foods. The breakfast buffet is also included in the price of the stay. The buffet includes lots of dishes as well as made to order omelets. There are several local eating places nearby for those who don’t want to stay in and dine but want to experience the local vendors. I think the management is all out to make this hotel number 1 and the best happening place in the city and I am sure they will succeed at doing just that. My thanks to the staff of Hotel Alstonia for making me a lifetime repeat customer.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I visited the hotel only for few hours jst to see my would b life partener for the first time along with my family.... and the arrangement of the hotel was from my wd be inlaws.... It was amazing place to stay, neat and clean and also well furnished. It is located in very posh area... And also it is very very lucky place for me because I found the love of my life- my luvly life partener here.... Can never forget this place... I am gona get mary on jan 29th 2011 and will b settled in amritsar and hoping to visit the hotel very often.... Thanks ALSTONIA

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Hotel is located in the posh district area of the city, little out of the noisy city. Quite peacefully located. Food was good with a lot of variety in the restaurant, local food is also available. Staff is very cooperative and service is prompt. Stay there for a week. Will surely go back to the same place.
Rates are also quite reasonable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

DATE 18TH DEC 2009
we were invited in this hotel for attending a marriage function in our family
and i was surprised to see that there are such a incredible and really fascinating hotels in the holy city of punjab where pilgrims from all over india visit
I have stayed in a many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs. Price-wise ALSTONIA is on par with these better-class hotels. is not a luxury place. Yet, in ten years from now, I’m sure we will still fondly remember the celebration we had there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Providence, RI, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

Stayed for about 3 weeks. The hotel is located in a good area within walking distance of more expensive hotels like MK and Best western. The staff went out of the way to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel is clean. The rooms are big. Breakfast was included and there was a wide variety ranging from white/wheat bread/croissant, omelette, porridge, and local delicacies. Juice, tea coffee and milk were readily available. Though the city has limited supply of electricity during the day, the hotel has a generator -otherwise with temp in the region of 40C it would be difficult to survive! Would certainly stay here on the next trip.

• Stayed April 2010

Been to Comfort Inn Alstonia? Share your experiences!