“An average Hotel with the brand name it carries” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Amritsar

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Amritsar to your Saves list
Hyatt Amritsar
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   MBM Farms, G. T. Road | Alpha One City Center, Amritsar 143001, India (Formerly Ista Amritsar)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #13 of 68 hotels in Amritsar
“An average Hotel with the brand name it carries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed in Hyatt Amritsar for 1 night. I would say it was an average stay. Rooms were cramped, at least the one i stayed in. Room service was poor with delay in food. The wardrobes are unnecessarily bigger and the space could have been used to enlarge the room instead. Washrooms are super small. Costs much with the kind of services offered.

The buffet was a very small spread.

I forgot the name but one of the staff came across me while i was off to the restaurant for morning breakfast. I wished him Good Morning and he was like taken aback, not expecting the least. Sad.

Need to find other alternatives now.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Hyatt Amritsar for two days. My flight got in early and I arrived at 3 AM. I had a reservation the next day. Our driver called the hotel for direction. Not only he got direction I talked to Mr. Kunal and when I arrived in the hotel my room was ready. For next two days we had a wonderful time with everyoe ready to help. I had problem with internet connection which was resolved immediately. I wish I had stayed longer in the hotel. I would recommend this hotel without prejudice any day.

Room Tip: Make your request earlier. That will help the hotel to accommodate your request.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Visited Amritsar from 4th july till 6th july. Stay was good but not great. It was a comfortable stay. Rooms were neat and clean. As i usually stay with Oberoi and Taj Group Properties. Hyatt Services looks like 3 star services as compare to Oberoi and Taj services.
Pros:
1. Location- Just 6-7 Kms away from Golden Temple and Jaliawala Bagh. Next to Mall so easy to go for shopping, Food, Cake Shop, Games for kids, Movies etc.
2. Valet Parking Facility was good.
3. Early check in and late check out was handled brilliantly.

Cons:-
1. Pool water was not clean. Chlorine was high in water.You can See Birds Poo everywhere (Inside the water/Poolside Bed/Floor)
2. No sunscreen/lotion available at Pool. when i asked for the same, staff told me that i should carry it with me from my room.
3. Professional staff but not friendly.

Room Tip: If you are booking two rooms then go for 17th floor and above. As Main rood Noise will not disturb y...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Valued Reviewer

Greetings from historic and culturally rich city of Amritsar!

We appreciate you taking time and reviewing the experience during your recent stay at Hyatt Amritsar. We are pleased to know that you found the staff to be good and the front desk team accomodative with your request for early check in and late check out. At this end we have also well noted that you found the location to be good with the mall next door and am pleased to share that we are the closest 5 star deluxe hotel to the Golden Temple in Amritsar. On a separate note, the team always does it's best to send back satisfied guests, it seems we on this occasion were unable to meet up your expectations. We understand inconvenience takes a lot of fun out of whole experience, however, we do hope that this shall not diminish your overall stay experience at Hyatt Amritsar. I wish to reiterate how important is the feedback, such as yours, for us to re-look into deployed products and processes and take corrective measures accordingly. The suggestions made by you have been noted and we have an opportunity to analyse and come up with solutions in the best interest of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back and assure of a much better overall experience at Hyatt Amritsar

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here for two nights and it was a comfortable but not special stay. Perhaps we had been spoiled, as most of the rest of our trip was in Taj and Oberoi properties, so the Hyatt felt a bit ordinary in comparison to the palaces we had previously enjoyed. However the hotel is modern, stylishly decorated and our rooms were spacious.
Check-in and out process seemed to take longer than usual, and the staff were professional but not particularly friendly. Our room’s airconditioning was much too cold and adjusting the thermostat made no difference to the temperature. It took 3 phone calls to get someone to come and look at it. And then the room kept heating up and got too hot.
The staff in the Collage Dining Room were very attentive when I felt unwell.
A good but not great hotel, but possibly the best thing Amritsar has to offer?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Reviewer

Greetings from historic and culturally rich city of Amritsar!

At the onset we hope you are well now. We appreciate you taking time and reviewing the experience during your recent stay at Hyatt Amritsar.

We are pleased to know that you found the staff attentive & helpful as well as found the hotel to be modern, stylish and rooms as spacious . However, we are terribly disappointed to know that we were unable to leave an impact due to the time taken at check in and check out as well as the problem faced by you with the airconditioning controls. The suggestions made by you have been noted and we have an opportunity to analyse and come up with solutions in the best interest of our guests.

Canada, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

last month i visited hyatt hotel of amritsar..i thing this is one of the weird experience of my life.rooms are too small and received my luggage after 3 calls..staff knocked door even in sign OF DO NOT DISTURB...no privacy in washrooms..and the time of check out they took 20 min and no one asked for seat .me and my family were stand near desk..and then valet parking was too bad,..they took 15 min to got out car from parking....i will not stay in this hotel in future and also recommend to u guys plz d'nt visit this hotel coz its jus wastage of money as well as u will face bad experience like me...

Room Tip: just go to radisson blu ...its jus awsum...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

We are disappointed to know that we were unable to leave an impact during your stay and you did not have as good an experience as our other guests have had in the past. The points highlighted by you are understandably quite disturbing. I have taken a careful note of your comments and spoken to my team on the same to ensure that utmost care is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated. I urge you to treat this experience in isolation and do hope you will visit us soon to serve you better.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Amritsar.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hyatt was Ista before and I had My B'day party celebrated there... they have scope of improvement in taste of food ....as in Amritsar all are hard core foodies.... Pool side is really amazing... staff is polite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

We appreciate you taking time and reviewing the experience during your recent stay at Hyatt Amritsar. We are elated to note that you celebrated your Birthday Party and enjoyed your stay. I am happy to note that my team looked after you during your short stay with us. Your suggestion with regards to the food has been discussed with the Head Chef to ensure that we meet the taste of our travelers. I am happy to share that we have launched our new menu and the feedbacks received so far is quite encouraging, do hope you will visit us soon and we get an opportunity to interact with you and take your feedback on the food. Also on the poolside we do organize dinner parties, do let us know in case you plan to organize one in the near future.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back and hearing from you soon.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We drove non-stop from Manali (Naggar) to Amritsar. It took us a good 15 hours, Thanks to Pathankot Amritsar Highway. The highway is partly built up, there are no signage, the roads are bad and it was raining by the bucketful! So we lost our way and had to feel our way to Amritsar, via Gurdaspur, Dhariwal.
After having left at 0815 hours, we reached Amritsar at 1130 hours. We were booked in Hyatt and looked forward to a pleasant stay in 'Pool View King Room Deluxe'. What a surprise it was! It has a pool view from the 8th floor, a small room, with just a walk in bathroom, and being on the main highway into Amritsar, it was noisy. Obviously the 'King' referred to Maharja Ranjit Singh who had a small built!
The staff is very helpful and courteous. The hotel was full. The cuisine is standard of what you get just anywhere, poori, idli, dosa, toast, punjabi, Italian, etc.
What get's my goat is that no five star hotel carries long leaf tea, they only have dip bags. What happened to good old traditional tea ceremony? Believe me, I carry my tea pot, milk jug, teacosy and long leaf tea leaves, wherever I go, locally or internationally!
I found the hotel good to stay in, if you are on company account or some fool is footing the the bill. For me it was a rip off. The room prices are very unreasonable for Amrtisar!

Room Tip: If you don't mind noise take the rooms facing the highway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

We are pleased to know that you found the staff to be courteous and helpful. However, we are disappointed to know that we were unable to leave an impact during your stay and you did not have as good an experience as our other guests have had in the past. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your short stay with us.

I would like to share that we do have different cuisines available as well as loose leaf tea available in the hotel to meet the taste of our guests who have always relished the same and moreover we are competitively priced in comparison to other hotels in the city. For your future travel we recommend you to book our suites which will give you more space. We look forward to welcoming you soon to Hyatt Amritsar.

Bhagwan Balani

Been to Hyatt Amritsar? Share your experiences!