“Excellent service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Amritsar

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Amritsar to your Saves list
Hyatt Amritsar
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   MBM Farms, G. T. Road | Alpha One City Center, Amritsar 143001, India (Formerly Ista Amritsar)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #13 of 68 hotels in Amritsar
New Delhi, India
“Excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The best part of our stay was customer-friendly service provided by the staff. Ever-ready to guide and pamper, the staff were courteous and helpful.
The second highpoint of our stay was the buffet breakfast. It was excellent. Service was quick and food was in abundance.
Rooms are a bit tight. And location is a little out of way.
But will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in sharing your experience. We are happy to learn that you had comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay comfortable and memorable. Your compliments on the food and service is inspiring for my team, will pass on your feedback to them.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip recently. this was my second visit in the last twelve months. Earlier the property was ista and is now Hyatt..... Check in was smooth and efficient..... rooms are easy to reach and are spotless clean .... size is a touch small, but I was OK with it at I was traveling alone. If you are a larger family please do ensure that you get a large room. Food is pretty good and service prompt ..... I found the cost to be fair for the services for sure. The only point I found strange was that they charged me for a tray of fruits.... In almost all reputed hotels in India this is a free service. have left my feedback and hoping for a response

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am elated to note that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay comfortable and memorable. Your feedback is quite motivating for my team. The review pertaining to the fruit platter has been well noted. I am happy to note that the food was able to meet your taste buds during your short stay with us.

Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were in Amritsar for two reasons, the Golden Temple and The Wagah Border closing. The hotel was well located for our touring. The car and Driver were supplied through the hotel. There is an Avis connection in the Hotel. Nice clean new cars and very good driver. Our Guide Mr Anil Sharma was excellent. Very Knowlegable, friendly and not too " Pushy " . We would recommend his services. All said and Done the two days spent in Amritsar were very enjoyable thanks to the Hotel, the Car & Driver and our Guide.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. We are happy to hear from you about the experience you had during your stay with us. Your feedback pertaining to various aspects of the hotel is quite inspiring for my team while am happy to note that you liked the location of the property and found it quite convenient. Your compliments will be been passed on to Mr. Anil Sharma whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stay was good, smiling & welcoming staff at reception. Rooms are small that's the only problem. When I raised concern to Head Manager at reception, he was good in offering me other rooms. Good Marketing skills. Reception staff was having good knowledge about city which was a great helping hand. Thought of exploring nearby food options but was not able to as food was too good at hotel. At spa it was a great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product. I am elated to note that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay comfortable and memorable. Your feedback pertaining to various aspects of the hotel is quite inspiring for my team. I am glad to learn that my team looked after you during the stay.

London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

A busy business and leisure hotel on outskirts. Lovely room and super shower. Food very good, service fine but tea order got forgotten once during a busy breakfast period, but very apologetic about it. We also had to ask for quilt cover to be changed as it was marked.

Good bar menu and speedy service. Pizzas excellent as was the Mezze. Curry great in main restaurant and reasonable value. Thai restaurant is pricier but also great food.

The highlight were the massages. Simply the best we both had ever - and we do have quite a few around the world! . Three different masseurs all equally top notch. Significantly good value compared to UK. Fill your boots!

My wife reports good gym equip but no expertise on hand . If we came back we would return to this hotel.

Final tip: the hotel runs a free shuttle for evening visit to the Golden Temple. This is not to be missed and much better by night than day. We did both. Enjoy.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay comfortable and memorable. Your feedback pertaining to various aspects of the hotel is quite inspiring for my team. I am extremely sorry for the lapse in service on the tea ordered by you during breakfast and also for mark on the quilt that was provided to you. I assure you that the same has been discussed with the team to avoid any future recurrence. Am glad to hear that the food was able to meet your taste buds and you enjoyed the massages at the Spa as it is our attempt to provide rejuvenation to the guests who experience our spa.

Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here with my family on triple occupancy and had to call the reception including the lobby manager several times for an extra bed. When the bed arrived it was just a mattress. I id not pay extra for matress upon complaining they got the roll away bed. that was done. My friends were trying to contact us on the hotel board number which kept disconnecting everytime they transferred the call to my room. It was frustrating and finally we had a local sim.

It not Hyatt for sure.

Room Tip: Opt for bigger room if staying on triple occupancy
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am extremely sorry to note that you did not enjoy your stay and had to follow up on the roll away bed while your friends could not be connected to you through the board line. Your recent experience was certainly not reflective of what we are known for. I would request you give us another chance to showcase our hospitality, this time.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and hearing from you soon.

ko samui
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. This is my 2nd visit and its was an enjoyable one. The staff especially Mr Sahil was was very helpful and a big thank you to him for his assistance. This is a very good hotel and my wife and son love it here. My only complain is that in this day and age there should be free wifi for all the guests not just in the lobby. Will I stay here again? Sure!! The Alpha Mall next to the hotel will make the ladies happy for shopping!! Food here is good and staff is also very polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, February 6, 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!
Thank you for your second stay with us and also for taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. Your feedback is quite motivating for my team. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you due to wifi not being available in the room. We are currently working upon the same to make it available in the rooms and hope that we will be able to offer it on your next stay with us at Hyatt Amritsar. Your compliments have been passed on to Sahil from Front Office whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and hearing from you soon.

Bhagwan Balani

Been to Hyatt Amritsar? Share your experiences!