“Great location, clean rooms and terrific staff....” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Grace
35, Braham Buta Market | Sarai Golden Temple, Amritsar 143001, India   |
Ranked #35 of 70 Hotels in Amritsar
Amritsar, India
“Great location, clean rooms and terrific staff....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We fell upon Hotel Grace after being misled by another hotel over the road which had since doubled their price from the guide that we had. Hotel Grace came to our rescue, and offered us a discounted rate after hearing our budget.

Anil and Harry are very helpful and informative and will assist in any further travel and activities to do in Amritsar.

The room we had was relatively basic, but due to our low budget we didn't expect the deluxe rooms (which are available). Overall, very clean and well-looked after. Even a TV was in the room, which surpassed our expectation. Overall I'd have to say that the best offering was the superfast wi-fi which was even available from our room. Anil's and Harry's conscientiousness makes them a credit to the industry and a free cup of Chai is always offered when you're in the reception area! Top service, keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Manipala, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were quite stranded as one of the budget hotels recommended by lonely planet was too much to handle for us , a group of seven.
So we landed here, and the man quite elderly was so welcoming, we called him 'papa'. And perfect location.
We din't even find much trouble negotiating, he offered accordingly as we were all students, and even helped us arrange transport to the railway station at 4 am.
Rooms were clean, big beds, bathrooms big, hot water, tv. We did not have food in the hotel, i think that is not really a problem, as every corner has some food.

Room Tip: Steep stairs, so backpacker buddies with heavy bags,lower floors would be better.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I checked in on 1st Jan 2013, my stay was for 3 nights, I was with my wife and 3 yrs old son.

Moment i landed there i was asked advance for all the 3 days, which was really shock of my experience as normally visitors are welcomed with warmth & hospitality. But it reflected totally lodge type culture, where drivers are treated like this. The owner reminded me thrice in just an hour's time for the TOTAL advance.

When asked for Towels, the owner said, "we haven't got laundry from washer due to bad weather". After my pressure in evening they provided me low grade towels. Everyday you have to remind them for changing of towels.

I have travelled so much, but haven't found culture of asking money by house keeping staff for cleaning the room. When i paid her happily some amount, she refused to accept and asked for higher side.

Rooms are also in a bad shape. You cannot touch the curtains, it seems that Curtains haven't been washed from years long.

Only advantage staying there you will find is, "Its near to Golden Temple". But you can explore more better options around that place.

So overall experience in staying in this hotel is Pathetic.

"It doesn't shows Punjabi Hospitality for which PUNJAB is famous for".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Amritsar, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Really enjoyed our time in Amritsar, owner and son were very friendly and showed us around this nice city. Even had some of the owners wife's birthday cake and tea.
Very clean and in a great spot opposite the Golden temple (which is amazing during the day and at night).
Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'm from Argentina and I stayed in the hotel for four nights. I liked the hotel very much. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful.The room, in wich I stayed, was big, bright and always clean. The hotel has also 24 hrs hot water.

The hotel has an excellent location, very near to the Golden Temple. And you can also use internet, every time you need, for free.

I felt very good in this hotel. I recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

this is my second time stay and i would recommend for two reasons.Firstly the staff is understanding and sweet and secondly rates are reasonable.What else you need when you are in a new city and you need guidance in every way.
Thanks Priyanka

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lennox Head, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Staying at this disgraceful excuse for a hotel was the absolute worst experience I have suffered while travelling to date. The prices are outrageous for what you get. We payed 2000IR per night for a almost uninhabitable hole. The mattress was about five centimetres thick and foam which was terrible uncomfortable, the pillows may have been filled with cement. We payed for air conditioning which did not work. When I mentioned this while checking out, hoping to get back the 500IR extra it costs per night I was told "turn it on" which I had done to no avail. He flat out refused to refund the money or make any effort to compensate the ridiculous surcharge for non working A/C. Within two hours of our arrival the power was shut off completely no less than five times. And a few more each day after. To have hot water, you have to tell them half an hour in advance. We stayed in the room depicted in the pictures here on trip advisor. It is nothing like the pictures. It is filthy, worn, humid, damp and plain horrid. We asked the owner to organise a taxi, which ended is us following his 'friend' to a shoddy car in an ally where we had to wait to have the tyres pumped up. In all honesty I could have felt with all of this just fine if the price was not outrageous and the service so appalling. If my review stops you from staying at hotel 'Grace' then I have achieved something. Do not risk it, I was swayed by the few good reviews on here but I wish I wasn't. Families especially beware, not for a second did My partner or I feel safe, it is extremely dodgy. Never would I bring young children here. Unfortunately, my time in Amritsar will be tarnished by the horrible time we had at hotel grace. Just think. Do you want to waste your money and have your memories of Amritsar tainted? Stay somewhere else. Anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Grace? Share your experiences!