“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rose Gardens Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munnar
Rose Gardens Homestay
You added Rose Gardens Homestay to your Saves list
NH 49 Road | Karadipara, Munnar 685611, India   |
Ranked #4 of 102 Munnar B&B and Inns
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

A very welcoming place to stay. The bus will drop you at the door where you will be greeted with smiles and in our case a late breakfast. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the ones on the verandah having views over the garden
If you are into walking Tomy and his family will give you great advice and might even drop you at the start of your walk with a quickly drawn map.
Rajee cooks some great meals with plenty of variety and the large dining table is a great catalyst for meeting other guests and asking/ giving advice to fellow travellers.
A tour of the spice, fruit and veg garden is a must. We really enjoyed our stay and would wholeheartedly recommend it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

It was a positive experience for us at Rose Garden from beginning to end! You can set your travel worries aside as they take care of everything from providing trusted drivers, to arranging treks through tea plantations and most importantly welcoming you into their family home! It was a pleasure getting to know Tomy, Rajee and their 3 friendly and bright sons. This homestay is impeccable and guests have lovely, private rooms with views looking out into the garden. All the delicious meals are home cooked by Rajee and served by her family. Guests from different countries enjoy lively travel discussions around the table and give each other tips. If you want she'll let you into her kitchen to learn how to cook some Kerala dishes. Tomy and his oldest son Dileep provide very informative & personal tours of their spice plantation. We highly recommend Rose Garden and hope we can make it back someday. Plan to stay at least 2-3 nights to fully relax and enjoy this experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My sisters and I recently stayed at Rosegardens Homestay near Munnar in Kerala, India.
It was a wonderful experience- starting with a tour of the amazing spice and flower garden tended by host Tomy. His wife Rajee made my sister and I a fabulous birthday dinner and cooked us delicious meals during our stay. The rooms were big and comfortable. We also received great advice about places to go locally. I highly recommend this as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the garden at the back are the quietest and have a lovely view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

A beautiful garden and nice and clean rooms with wonderful beds! We highly recommend this home stay and visiting Tomy and his family. We enjoyed having dinner with the other guests talking about our travel experiences and where we come from. Tomy showed us around his garden and served us homemade coffee. Thank you for your service and hospitality. We sincerely hope we can visit you again some time. Best wishes - Lotte and Mads + kids from Denmark

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I spent two nights at Rose Gardens and was disappointed not to be able to stay much longer since they were fully booked. My bedroom and ensuite were large and comfortable. The sit- out on the terrace overlooked Tomy's garden and the forest beyond and was a peaceful place to read and chat. The warm and welcoming atmosphere of the house made mealtimes at the big dining table very convivial.
Tomy took me around his garden. He has a great collection of plants and trees as well as a small garden nursery. Seeing the garden was real highlight of my stay.
Tomy was most helpful in planning walks in the area of Munnar and advising with onward travel. Tomy and Rajee are excellent hosts.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The atmosphere at this homestay was great, the family was very friendly and we felt like at home. The house was surrounded by a wonderfull garden, that the owner Tomy loves to show to the hosts. The meals were incredibly genuine and simply delicious, prepared by Rajee, who enjoys to have cooking lessons with the visitors, fullfilling every curiosity. They were full of good advices for visiting the surroundings, avoiding the touristic routes. The homestay is quite far from Munnar (12 km), but it's worthy!!

Room Tip: Ask for the back rooms on the garden.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pulheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I just can repeat what others have said before: beautiful house and garden, the host family has been extraordinarily kind and helpful. Tomy explained the plants and flowers in his amazing garden and gave me some really good advice for hiking and walking in the region, the eldest son drove me and other guests to the starting points. His wife Rajee spent every day hours in the kitchen to bring fresh food (3-4 different delicious vegetable dishes + 1 meat dish every evening!) and the breakfast was awesome. The first day I was a little disappointed because it is situated at the main road to Munnar with quite some traffic, but as the rooms are back to the garden, it was not at all disturbing. I loved to stay on my terrace in the afternoon (after a long walk in the morning), enjoying the view on the garden and the many different birds. The profume of the garden in the evening was incredible (and no mosquitos!).
I stayed 1 week, because I wanted some rest and I enjoyed every day of it.
And it was very nice to share the meals with really interesting people (while I was there people from Australia, England and France ( I am German).
The location is good, bus stop to Munnar (town which I found awful, but an end or beginning point of some walks) in front of the house, so you can go to and come from Munnar very easily and cheap. I would NOT stay in Munnar, it is an ugly town with chaotic traffic, noise etc. But the landscape around Munnar is very very beautiful.

I loved my stay there, thanks a lot to the whole family, you have been really nice
Brigitte

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Rose Gardens Homestay? Share your experiences!