If you are looking at staying at a place very close to nature with waterfalls, trees and hills all around this is the best hotel.
Positive points -
- Location is very good. A little off the main Munnar town.
- Surrounded by lush greenery, hills and mist.
- Right next to a waterfall, you can hear the water gushing down the river from your balcony.
- Rooms are neat.
Negative points -
- Poor staff- the operating people are not trained at all
-Room service is bad- you will have to call approx. 10 times and then someone might pick your call. Once in the morning we called the room service and asked for coffee and that guy says"why can't you come up to the buffet breakfast and have your coffee" Is this something you will tell a guest. They have to service their guests well and keep them comfortable not tell them what to do. Its not that we don't know that coffee is serviced at the buffet.
- The Chef is really average. The food is below average. Coffee and tea was ok.
- The restaurant is not maintained well, the table clothes were untidy. Since it was raining outside the roof was leaking and was slippy.
- The girls at the reception have no clue at all. They try to manage by saying some random stuff. We had done online booking for a sunrise view room type with a balcony. When we reached there those girls show us a room without a balcony and when we questioned she has no idea, she had no idea about online booking system. We had booked through Expedia. We insisted on a room with balcony so then she gives us a twin bed room- we were a family with a 1 year old child. She suggested that she would join the beds, which isn't the best comfortable way to sleep, anyway we said we will adjust for one night and please give us the book type we booked by tomorrow. Again another problem, there was a live wire sticking out of wall just above the bed with a metal open clamp. OMG! I got very angry at this point, the electricians says there is no problem and that he will push that wire back inside the a hole. It was dangerous to have open wires with a 1 year old child. Then I had to really make my point very clear with a rude tone with those girls at the front desk and after sometime they gave us a better room. So in about half an hour they made us change 3 rooms, just after a 3.5 hours travel by cab from the airport to this place with a baby. So you see our start wasn't very good here.
- They claim free WiFi service but in the rooms you get no WiFi connection. They don't have smart technical support to resolve such issues.
- Most of the staff can't commute well. Its difficult as a guest to ask for anything or explain something you want to them.
- The staff do not go out of their way to ensure that they give good service to their guests
All this can be solved if the management does some organization re-structuring, and train their staff.
Over all - Since its location is awesome, its recommended.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.