Good part: Commands a good view of the valley below - on a good morning, the view is refreshing. If you are a family of 4 or 5 ppl on a budget, this might be a good compromise. But then again, given the distance from the town, a family on a budget would be better off not staying here. Hot water 24/7.
1. Room has a strong lingering damp smell. The first 'cottage' I was shown had paint peeling off the walls and seepage in the walls.
2. Unless you have a car (small car) at your disposal, the steep climb from the highway to the hotel will seriously tax you, especially if you are not the regularly excercising kind.
3. Cramped rooms with little place outside the bed/cot. Ventilation is poor, you can't keep windows open at night, given the thick overgrown vegetation outside.
4. The couch in the small living room stinks, I couldn't put my jacket on it, leave alone sit on it.
5. Breakfast is for survival. Idli and bread toast. No other choice. You are better off eating elsewhere.
6. No internet, despite the advertisement to the contrary on Yatra website. The telephone given on the Yatra booking voucher also was apparently out of order. So when I kept calling for directions and other help when I arrived in Munnar, I got no response.
Like one of the reviewers mentioned, with good management and renovation, this place can be pretty good. A pity.
Tip: Give this place a royal miss, if you can, especially if you are a couple looking for just one room.
And don't book through Yatra ! They and their cancellation policy sucks. You will be shown your rooms only after you check in and if the rooms suck, Yatra won't even allow you to cancel your second day's booking, even for partial refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine holidaying at the Munnar Heritage. Awaken to the song of exotic birds life and the heavy aroma of tea and cardamom. Start your day your day with fresh tropical fruit and healthy breakfast. Each day will begin with a new adventure at Munnar Heritage. Get in tune with nature, truly relax, and experience what it's like to be somewhere completely different. ... more less