“Staying away from the crowd...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Greenspaces B&B Munnar

You added Greenspaces B&B Munnar to your Saves list
Greenspaces B&B Munnar
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Ottamaram Near Oak Fields Resort., Munnar 685612, India   |
Ranked #20 of 103 Munnar B&B and Inns
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Staying away from the crowd...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed in Green spaces as part of our honeymoon trip in Munnar. Green spaces is located slightly away from the town, in the midst of the cardamom plantations. Pothamedu view point is on the way. The location for greenspaces itself gives a great feeling. The booking and guidance given by Greenspaces team was excellent. The room was perfectly decorated for a honeymoon couple. The service and the food served was good. We really had a pleasant stay at Greenspaces and the trip will remain as an everlasting memory for both of us. Thank you Greenspaces team.

Room Tip: Rooms on upstairs
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Situated amidst cardamom plantataion, having best people to treat you, GREEN SPACES is worth every penny you pay in. The resort is about 10 kms from Munnar...and has everything....
1.very Scenic , nature bound
2.Peaceful(no mobile signals,no calls,no worries)
3.Luxury rooms and clean toilets with bath tub.
4.24hrs hot water(one thing which all resorts and forget... but Greenspaces stood by the word)
5.Friendly and helping service providers
6.Good home food
what more do u need? Book this place right away, If you are looking for a wonderful stay.
Only issue were the roads. The roads were too rickety with very less signboards. Still Jay and Prasad(manager) will alwas be there to guide you.So,It is better to book this place if you are planning to go by your own vehicle. Else you will go bankrupt by paying for the taxis.
we were really surprised when Prasad kept calling us and assured about our safety when we got delayed on the way while reaching munnar. How many resorts care for their customers like this??.... HATS OFF to prasad and team for their wondeful hospitality and great food.
hey couples,
book this place, if you want to have an ever lasting, romantic get away with memories of just you too :) 100% assurance from me for a beautiful and enchanting experience.....

Room Tip: Rooms on First Floor are too good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I and my wife had been planning since a long time for our trip to Munnar, since we had heard so much about this place. After a lot of search and going through a lot of reviews we finalized on greenspace. I called up and booked our room about a week in advance and I also got a confirmation email from the management. I had also called up Mr. Jay of greenspace quite a few times to confirm our reservation because I wanted to be absolutely sure that nothing goes wrong and Mr. Jay convinced me that he will take care of everything and told me not to worry ...and I trusted him. How wrong I was. Just hours before we were about to board our bus from bangalore, I got a call from Mr. Jay to inform me that there is no water supply in the resort. But he assured me that it's his responsibility to find an alternative stay for me...and I again trusted him. He called me after sometime and told me that he had arranged for an even better resort but I won't have to pay anything extra than what was agreed upon earlier. Since he was such a polite and smooth talker , I never had any doubt about what he was saying. I was happy but my wife wanted me to cross check and call up the resort directly...I couldn't say no to my wife(don't think anybody can!)..and so I called up the resort directly and I was shocked to learn that they were offering rooms at much lower prices that what I would pay for Greenspace....which obviously meant that it was not such a good resort . Even on tripadvisor there were about 4 reviews in total ...2 good, 1 average & 1 poor. I called up a few other resorts but nobody would give me reservation at the last moment. And since I had lost trust in what Mr. Jay told me...I didn't want to take any more chances and stay in the resort of his choice and so we decided to call off the trip. Both me and my wife were very disappointed . The bottom line is, you cannot trust the people who are running this place and even after their goof-up they were still trying to make more money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MunnarHomestead, Manager at Greenspaces B&B Munnar, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We follow a protocol to collect Advance payment (50% of the total booking charge) from our guest before their arrival.
Request all our Guest to address the same.
Please make your plans with Green Spaces after you receive a confirmation mail.
We follow the above to make your booking Professional and intact.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Green Spaces Munnar
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Although the property is in the midst of other buildings, location is still very good. A walk in the surroundings is an excellent thing to do as there are cardamom and tea plantations nearby and with not many people around. Rooms were adequately neat and clean. Food is adequate, but the staff took that extra pain to cater to our simple requests. Location is simply magical. The only sounds you hear are that of crickets, cicada, and other critters and of course the birds. Munnar town is about 25 mins' drive, so it is not very far from the town. Overall, surely would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Did see all the rooms and any room you stay is good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Blore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am a frequent traveler to Munnar and this came to me as a pleasant surprise. The rooms were really big and clean and best thing was the wooden flooring since my trip was on a winter and it was really gud this way. I also enjoyed the walk in the cardamom plantation in which green spaces is situated , a morning walk in the plantation i would recommend to every one. Since my work was in the munnar town the proximity of this place to town was helpful and its well connected with lot of auto ricksha services from the town so even if you get delay in the town reaching back to room is not an issue at all. I would say this is a good value forthe money and it provides a good privacy if you travel with your family and friends.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The best thing about the resort is its quiet location faraway from the town and in the woods. The rooms are very well designed and extremely spacious. So are the bathrooms. Small little things that decorate the room and common balcony make the whole space look very cheerful. It is a good value for money for the price you pay. They can do better in the food front, though I was told that the regular cook was away when I was visiting.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the upper floor. They are the most cheerful.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Rooms were large and nice, but bathrooms need fixing-the toilet seat broken, sink tap only gives tiny stream of water and very dirty caulking around tub and floors look very dirty. DIrty stained tub. Also water did not come half the time-had to ask them to switch on the pump everytime we needed water in the bathroom. Also hot water was a problem. first day we had to heat water in the kettle 4 times and put in the bucket to bathe.

Food was awful. we know what south indian food tastes like and this was just horrible. dont know if their cook was not coming or what but we basically could not eat more than a few bites. and we requested eggs on our last day-told by the caretaker Prasad after asking 3 times that "I forgot". he also made faces when we didnt go to the spa he wanted us to go to for a massage (he gets a commission of 200 or so he said).

there is construction going on in that area, so the peace and quiet we went looking for was not there. chain saw cutting trees and hammering all day.

We would not recommend this place to anyone. Munnar has many many more well located quiet and beautiful places one can stay at. Also, we would recommend choosing a place which overlooks the stunning Tea estates Munnar is full of and famous for.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Greenspaces B&B Munnar? Share your experiences!