“Great hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 66 hotels in Munnar
Chennai (Madras), India
“Great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hospitality, care and service at this hotel was just mind blowing. Add great food, a spa to it; just made the perfect holiday for me and my family. The theme of the hotel, which was pretty unique is based on movies. have noticed that each room was named after a movie and the interiors are all movie based. All in all a great hotel, with courteous staff to care of all your needs.
enjoyed the stay and would stay here again in the future

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Mumbai , India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I visited the state of backwaters – Kerala, with my wife. Booked the package and the airfare through the Antilog Vacations – famous fr Kerala packages. Though they gave me other choices, I decided to book The Silver Tips Resort seeing some of the reviews and pics on the site. The resort is pretty good but there were was one petty issue which I would be highlighting in the course of my review.

From the entry we understood that The Silver Tips was a themed resort. The theme of Indian and the American Movie Industry is vividly described in the resort. Several camera trolleys and projectors were bordering the reception area giving us the feel that we were in an actual shooting!!

We were given a room in the uppermost floor. While walking to the room we walked through the corridors laden with film posters. The room was large at around 450 sqft. The bed sheet and the towels were fresh and clean when we entered. But there was only one towel given in our room of two. Moreover the sheets were not changed daily and hence I felt that the resort might have had issues with stocks.

The food was the major high point of the resort. The buffet at lunch and dinner was the best we had tasted in ages. The spread started with a choice of soups, four exotic salads and this was followed with seven main courses which included rices, breads and a host of chutneys. Three desserts ended our kingly spread. The local delicacies were also nicely mixed giving us an authentic taste of Kerala. Thus we had a very pleasing experience at the Silver Tips and would like others to regale in this extravaganza too.

Honeymooners wud love Silver-tips for its exotic delivery & themes . It ws a gr8 kerala tour in the end for me

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Munnar, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

A wonderful hotel in a wonderful place!! Really had a great weekend getaway with my wife and kids. Kudos to the excellent hotel staff who made us very comfortable with their exceptional service. We were really impressed with the tasty food, the kids just enjoyed, I've never seen my younger son eat so much of food, he just freaked out on the delicious spread. I should mention the neat & clean ambience of the hotel and well appointed rooms. It was overall a wonderful few days of our life , we just enjoyed every bit. Thanks to the hotel & the whole team who runs it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent this summer vacation in Kerala.me and my family stayed here for 2 or 3 nights and stay was very good , service was excellent etc...great ambience, tasty food especially the arabic cuisine, some thing which we have never tasted in this part of the world....I shall plan to go back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Trivandrum, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My name is Ranjith, I m from Trivandrum. I recently had a stay with Silver Tips, Munnar with my wife for my Honeymoon. It was a very memorable stay for me, which I will remember for my life time. Mr.Sunil Kumar, the General Manager attended personally to me assisted me through out the stay. The room Service, restaurant staff, House Keeping everyone was so kind and gentle. My special thanks to Mr. Sunil Kumar and his team for making my stay memorable. I would definitely like to visit again to this wonderful Property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

great ambience, excellent overall service, great food especially the arabic cuisine, some thing which we have never tasted in this part of the world. definitively our choice for our next trip, regards from Dubai.

Room Tip: highly recommended for good stay & great tasty food