“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Misty Mountain Resort

You added Misty Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Misty Mountain Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pipeline, Pallivasal | Pallivasal P.O., Munnar 685565, India   |
Ranked #16 of 76 Hotels in Munnar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Saw the Hotel in yatra, read a few reviews in Raahi. But liked the pictures posted, so believing the old saying of pictures speaking a thousand words, went ahead and booked this place.

It was a pleasant surprise as the room that a awesome view of the tea valley and one can just sit whole day in the room gazing at the view. Locating the hotel was not a problem as well.

Only flipside is the food, which is not that great when compared to the hotels I have eaten, its got that Kerela touch to North indian dishes.

Overall I would say its a great place to stay and the hotel will surely be misty in the monsoon season, good for family & couples.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

We had a very nice stay at Misty Mountain Resort, Munnar for 4 days. The location of the hotel is excellent. The weather in the month of May was pleasant. It rained briefly for 3 days in the afternoon and we experienced mist almost every evening, aptly justifying the name. The staff is polite ( Mr Shajinu, Mr Shabir, Mr Karthik )and the rooms are clean. We were impressed by the head chef Mr Abhilash, with his choice of menu and attention to details. His personal supervision and presence in the guest eating area during the meals showed his commitment. Only thing which perhaps was lacking is more campus space for outdoor children playing or for walks. But they have compensated it by a gymnasium and an indoor playing area on the first floor.
On the whole, a very good experience.
Dr Kedar K Deodhar

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
pillai5759, Owner at Misty Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2010
Thank you Dr. for your detailed review .Its so nice of you to mention names … you shud have seen the smiles on their faces !!

Yes, Abhilash brings with him his international experience , and he loves interacting with his guests . Special preferences are catered to as far as possible , and he encourages guests to try our kerala cuisine and spices . And I have often watched him exchanging recipes with our guests, who become lifelong fans ….

Reg outdoor space, due to the inclined nature of our grounds , I am still unable to expand the backside garden into an exciting trekking zone as I had initially envisaged . Having trekked to the top myself, I know for one , that your panoramic view wud have been simply fantastic ….(sigh!)
So I am glad the gym and recreation room compensated some .and I am hoping to provide some adventure /outdoor activities soon in collaboration with an independant outfit , so that all safety parameters are taken care of.
Anyway Glad you had a good experience, and do return next season.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Misty Mountain Resort: Prefect Stay for Honeymoon
Date: 24 Feb 2008

I had a wonder full stay in Misty Mountain Resort, Munnar.

We get a nice view of Munnar from Misty Mountain Resort, Rate are affordable for common man. Rooms are well maintained and Gardens are another thing which I dont want to miss to mention in this review.

I was there in Munnar at the time of Nillakurungi Flower season, which is very rare to see such a beautiful flowers in vilot color.

We got the best view of that flowers from this hotel. Food is some thing special there. we got special dishes from there. I still cant forget the taste of food I had there.

Thank to Misty Mountain Resort staffs for keeping us comfortable throughout our stay over there.

When ever you visit Munnar, Never miss this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Thank You, Sir for your excellent recommendation !! We are glad you had an unforgettable honeymoon at Misty . We sincerely feel happy that we were a part of the beginning of your happy wedded life. Our best wishes are with you always………
Do return , and don’t forget to take advantage of our anniversary offers!! ;-)
Langkawi, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

The hotel is at a good location,room & wash room is clean but the wc is a bit high. Another problem half way during shower there is no water or heater worked. We booked a standard room but then we asked for upgrade for hill view they can't arrange as the hotel was running full (no problem) so no choice to remain at std room.Upon chek in the hotel staff was very pleasant and they recommend us their buffet dinner and we planned have a dinner at the Misty mountain with our friends altogether 6 of us but I was a bit disappointed as their buffet dinner is more to indian food with only 2 additional choice (fried rice & one kind of chicken dish in a chinese style). I felt the choices was very limited and tailor made for indian market. Overall the service was good but would like to ask the hotel to give all hotel staff name tag as we do not know whom we are dealing with but upon arrival the bellman was very helpful. Good experience & good location for view.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Thank you , Ma’am , for reviewing us , and for appreciating our team at Misty .
Sorry for the glitches … hope they did not detract from your holiday experience. The F&B team have been advised to check guest segments / preferences while devising the buffet menu henceforth
I bet Chef Abhilash wud have been only too pleased to show off his continental expertise if he had known :-)
Reg name tags, I had been mulling over installing an attendance system which needed specialised barcoded tags, hence the delay . Decided against it this season ( budget constraints ! ) and have gone ahead with your suggestion this week….
Thank you for your comments , and Ma’am, do recommend us to your friends and family in Malaysia .
haryana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Hotel was having a nice view but you cannot feel the beauty untill you go on roof top as from you rooms one cannot open the main window.Main problem we faced was that even in valley view room we didnot find AC.Basic medicine were not available at reception.Food quality was good if you go for room service.
I will not recommend this to honeymoon couples because if I compare this with other hotel I stayed on tour it was most costly with least facilities

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Oh… I am really sorry you are unhappy with your experience at Misty . the “below average” heading really hurt 
But I did not understand your comment about not being able to enjoy the view from the valley view room.!! The main window has 2 openable shutters too …

Sir, We usually stock OTC medicines, and if any issue we could hav sent someone to the nearby dispensary . I hope the FO personnel wud have suggested so….

May I reiterate that we are one of the best resorts in Munnar with 3*facilities, and I am determined to provide good value for your money

Perhaps you could write to me personally , mentioning your tour operator name too….
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

This hotel is located at the beautiful location outside the city. You can see the mountain view from your room. It is reaaly awesome. especially in the morning view is mindblowing. When I visited there were few construction works were pening. I hope it would have been done by now. The hotel staff is good, but need to be more proactive. Food is alos ok and reasonable. The plus point of this hotel is its location and view.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyd the view and pleased you took my advice ( in this forum) reg the sunrise from Misty ..not to be missed, folks !! Yes, we have spruced up the place for the coming season,err… hope you were not troubled too much …...
DO return with friends & family for an improved ‘mystical’experience ….
bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I went to munnar on my first wedding anniversary and chose to stay in Misty Mountain resort. We stayed there for 3 nights. The hotel staff were very polite and happy to help at any time and even gave me a free upgrade from a standard room to a Valley view room. They also arranged for a flower bed and cake for us at very nominal prices.

The b/f was complimentary and the dinner buffet was priced at Rs. 250/- per head. The food was multi-cuisine and really delicious.

One thing that they could work is on cleanliness. We had some flying insects in our room. Overall the cleanliness was a bit disappointing.

Nevertheless, the stay was really amazing and there are more than one reason that I would prefer staying in the same place during my next visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sir, We advise guests to keep their windows closed, for being a wooded hillstation we do have some tiny ‘’flying’’ visitors making their appearance around twilight .And for those lil ones that do succeed in their mission , Ravi from Housekeeping has an effective ‘bug-buster “routine with an amazing spray!! Trust he would have obliged…
Still, we understand your concern, and housekeeping has been advised to do double duty reg this issue . Truly sorry ….Any other cleanliness issues(frankly speaking , this is a first ) , pls mail me in detail for resolution , or else our houseproud lady housekeeper will throw in the towel (literally !) 
Anyway, Thank you for your positive review , and so happy that you enjoyed your wedding anniversary, inspite of a few issues. Glad you enjoyed the food , and looking forward to seeing you for your second anniversary celebration ……

Been to Misty Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!