We visited Misty Mountain in Dec 2011 as part of our Kerala trip. I would like to pen down the following for the benefit of fellow travellers:-
1. Location location and more location. The location is truly lovely, with the hotel sitting atop a hill overlooking the valley below and the misty hills far away. The only problem that one might face is that because the location is at some distance from the nearest town i.e. Munnar with no visible means of public transportation nearby, you would be likely to face some problems in case you do not have transport of your own. In case you do not want to have hotel food, you can visit the little shack right opposite the hotel on the highway. It sells hot and great omelette and parathas. Or you can walk a km down to the to the bazaar and have food at numerous joints on both sides of the road. Quality: OK.
2. The rooms (Deluxe) are a tad small but definitely clean and very well kept. The mountain/garden view rooms are claustrophobic. It is better to book valley view rooms. The provision of an electric kettle with tea /coffee/milk sachets and sugar cubes was expected but absent.
3. The continental plan breakfast was tasty, hot and with reasonable variety. There were adequate and quick refills and one hotel exec was always in attendance during breakfast times. The only drawback was that what was touted as ‘fruit juice’ was in fact some bottled fruit drink , in all probability ‘Maaza’/ ‘Fruity’ and it was a sugar laden syrupy monstrosity and on one occasion was totally watered down. In absolute contradiction to the quality of the rest of the meal.
4. Room service was lethargic. Request for towels was made but the towel was received almost two hours later.
5. There is a lovely rooftop garden which one must visit. It is not exactly ‘rooftop’, more accurately, it is situated on the hill slope behind the hotel and a bridge connects the roof to the hill slope. One must visit it at sunset and at sunrise for breathtaking views and also for a close inspection of interesting plants like the cardamom.
6. The facilities for restrooms for the chauffeurs who are bringing guests to the hotel are totally inadequate. A dormitory for them with bunk beds/ adequate bedding and adequate toilet/bathing facilities would definitely improve the name of the hotel.
7. In all, a great place to stay while at Munnar. But do take Valley View rooms only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make your Munnar Holiday the best it can ever be... by staying at Misty Mountain Resort. Enjoy panoramic sweeping views of the mountain ranges and tea gardens from the comfort of your Valley View Room, dine in style and watch the mists roll in from our Galaxy restaurant, take an eleva'tour' in our glass lift going up 5 floors... Live life literally on 'top of the world' at our resort offering 3*facilities all year round! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Misty Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Mountain Hotel Munnar