We travel to kerala almost every month. Have been staying at different resorts in and around Kumarakom and Alleppey. This was our first visit to Munnar and booked the Misty Mountain resort. It was suggested by our regular tour operator-friend from Alleppey.
We booked the 'Misty 'Magic' HoneyMoon Package 3 Days / 2 Nights '. Checked in to the hotel at 4pm. The reception staff had no idea about our booking. They started reciting the usual stuff about complimentary breakfast and the suite rate per day. I had to insist them to look up their website for the package or talk to their reservation staff for the details.
The resort location is awesome - overlooking mountains and lush green tea estates. The suite is also good , except that there is no AC.
Now for the negative experience there:
1) The food is horrible . It completely destroys your experience there. Staff at the hotel restaurant are unfriendly.
2) If you book a package like this , then you need to call and remind the staff for each of the things promised to you in the package. Otherwise you will not get anything. I had to ask for milk at night ( The second night we dint ask them and we dint get ). Had to ask for chocolates, fruit basket etc.
3) The website tells that breakfast and dinner is included in the package. But we had to pay for one day dinner as the reception staff insisted that the dinner is complimentary for only one day.
4) The worst thing of all - the staff is dishonest. I am from Bangalore and my wife is from kerala . The reception staff + the manager did not know that my wife can understand malayalam. When checking out - I found that the we were billed for the dinner which was supposed to be part of the package. When I asked them to correct it , they kept on insisting that the package includes only one dinner not for both days, so I need to pay for the dinner. They gave us Rs500 discount as we did not take the head massage included in the package. These guys kept talking to each other in Malayalam (not knowing my wife can understand). Later on I found from my wife that they were talking about whether to give the Rs500 discount or not as the head massage is not worth that much, and to keep on insisting as they thought we would anyways pay whatever they ask.
The last point made me think of writing down a review - you really dont want to go to a business which is dishonest with its customers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Mountain Hotel Munnar
- Misty Mountain Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make your Munnar Holiday the best it can ever be... by staying at Misty Mountain Resort. Enjoy panoramic sweeping views of the mountain ranges and tea gardens from the comfort of your Valley View Room, dine in style and watch the mists roll in from our Galaxy restaurant, take an eleva'tour' in our glass lift going up 5 floors... Live life literally on 'top of the world' at our resort offering 3*facilities all year round! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Misty Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.