“Superb..!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Panaji
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Superb..!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The Hotel is really cool...clean rooms and bathrooms...staff is very friendly...taxi and scooter services are easily available,...overall an excellent place to stay at while in Goa...
Also a plus point it is very close to the beautiful Miramar Beach and Panji city/Cruise area..

:))

Room Tip: AC rooms are better, coz it gets really hot in Goa in d noon..Sange Marmar AC room is the best optio...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

When I first landed on Goa. I had no idea where to go and all as it was the first time visit to goa. As my bro recommended to stay in Panjim. I had a list of few hotels. every hotel was not comfortable for me except one hotel i.e Palacio De Goa. I will tell you I was amazed to see the tariffs within my budget. after getting to the room. I was taken aback with all the 5 star amenities. I will recommend you everytime you visit to Goa. Very good room facilities with room service travel desk etc. I did not had any difficulties in Goa tour as everything was arranged by the hotel staffs. very friend loving staffs. In one word " Awesome ". Whenever I visit I will prefer this hotel as my priority stay.

Room Tip: for suite or a/c rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The hotel was fine, however there were few things that definitely need immediate attention.

1. They will not keep the A/C remote in the room. Everytime you have to switch on the A/C you'll have to call them. When asked why, they said, the remote sometimes locks the A/C, so they don't give the remote. I had to literally fight with them to keep the remote in the room.

2. Hot water is not 24 hrs. After 8-9 pm, you won't get hot water. Everyday we came from the beach at night, we had to take shower in the cold water.

3. Think twice before hiring self-drive car from this hotel. I did that mistake. Took a WagonR from someone called, Md. Hanif. After running it for 2 days, the clutch-plate broke down in front of Agoda fort. When contacted, they sent another car (very old Santro) the brake of which was not working properly. And that too, after keeping us wait for 4-5 hrs under the sun. Our whole afternoon was ruinned. Moreover, the guy (Hanif) was asking for compensation for repairing the clutch brake. I had to literally fight with him to reiterate the fact that clutch plate does not break after running a car for just 2 days! It broke because it was already old enough. After returning to the hotel, I requested them to give us some grace time for the next morning, as my whole afternoon was wasted because the car broke down. However, they didn't cooperate. The car must be returned by 9 am everyday; otherwise, you'll be charged for full day.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

The hotel is a very good value for money.
Little far away from the beaches but the hotel has 2 wheelers for rent and hence it is fine.
The breakfast in the hotel is different from other places.
It tastes good.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Very good hotel in the heart of panjim good staff good good buffet breakfast good the hotel is a total Paisa vasool only one bad thing is pigeon gutur goo all day this is only minus point Amit is very good recepionist and coordinate all time desk tour programme is also good

• Stayed October 2011
Blore, karnataka, india
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

we stayed here from oct 1st 2011 to oct 6th 2011.. was a great experiance.. very decent for family. it is in the heart of the city and panjim market is walkable from the hotel.
the complimentary breakfast was not very good. the rooms had noisy AC. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ranchi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel in October 2010, with my spouse and son for 4 nights. We took a 4- bedded family room, which was OK.. the extra bed served as storage space. Undoubtedly, the hotel is in the heart of the city, and the main market of Panaji, the river front, the famous church etc are within walking distance from the premises. The street on which it is situated is not very clean or inviting, although the view from the balcony is fine, if you ignore the pigeon droppings all over the balcony. The rooms are clean, basic and so is the hotel. We had booked through the internet, and had no problems checking in or checking out. The hotel refused to give us complimentary breakfast, and ordering from the menu was rather expensive.

Eager to start my Goa sojourn, immediately on reaching, I asked the front office desk about some good places where we could enjoy a typical Goanese meal. The staff looked blank, and it took a doorman to list a few places for me, nearby.

Next day, being tired after gallivanting all over North Goa the whole day, we decided to spend a quiet evening and ordered dinner through room service. The room service guy honestly admitted that although the hotel in the middle of Panaji, it did not serve Goanese cuisine. They offered Chinese, Hyderabadi etc (So sad). Since my wife is allergic to eggs, I specifically instructed that no eggs should be added in any preparation. Surprises of surprises, we found gobs of egg white in the hot and sour Chinese soup. After a long argument on the phone, the guy at the other end first refused to accept that eggs were present. Later, he insinuated that I had not given any such instructions. After an hour of debate, another tureen of soup was sent up, by the time other items had turned cold. But checking on the final bill, I found that the hotel did not show grace, by not charging for the discarded soup dish.

Realizing that eating in this hotel was fraught with danger, coupled with inflated prices, we decided to eat out.. but breakfast had to be ordered nevertheless, as option of going out was not there, early in the morning. Housekeeping was poor, and the rooms were cleaned at around 3 pm everyday, which is too late.

While checking out, after a lot of haggling, I was given a measly discount of 5 - 10%, I believe. I forget the exact figure. Other than the doorman, I noticed that none of the staff had a smile on their faces, either when the guests were checking in or checking out. I hope that this is not a reflection of traditional Goan hospitality.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the front side of the hotel, which face a hill outside. Do not take rooms on the...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Palacio De Goa? Share your experiences!