Roatan was outstanding…. I have been to my fair share of islands and Roatan is by far the closest I have been to paradise!
Roatan Bed and Breakfast was amazing! So clean, and welcoming.. it felt like home :) Barbara the lady who owns it was very accommodating and treated us like family while we were there.
The rooms were great, clean and even though we didn’t have AC and it was super hot outside, it was amazing how cool it was inside! The room has lots of windows which lets the air pass through and it keeps the room cool at night. Also, there are fans in the room which was great.
We stayed for 2 weeks at the end of June 2013 and the weather was perfect, the people are wonderful and all very nice and the ocean is crystal clear.
I would highly recommend staying with Barbara in Roatan. Its cheap, accommodating and only a short walk from the beach (which is great because it keeps you active during your stay ;) ) The walk is about 10 -13 minutes from the beach, it’s a little bit rocky on the walk but im pregnant and did a great job … however one day after a long day at the beach I had my partner carry me up the hill which was great :) There is a place called West Bay which you will be spending a lot of your time too.. once you get to the beach by Barbara’s (West End) there are water taxis for 3$ a person which will take you to West Bay which is absolutely stunning! .. we spent a lot of our time there.. lots of restaurants and fun things to do. West End beach is great too, this is where the bed and breakfast is… we loved west end in the evenings for a stroll and walk around the shops and bars… even the beach is great .. but west bay which is still super close is paradise! … anyways check it out !
Bug spray or cream – the mosquitos get back early in the morning and when the sun goes down… and I mean BAD.. also sand flees are a pain in the butt .. but if you are on the beach I would recommend using a chair so you don’t have to lie on the beautiful yet sand flee sand!
You will probably over pack… DON’T… its very hot and you wont wear too much but your bathing suit and a dress or shorts here and there.
Water shoes….trust me … just bring them. If you are snorkeling then bring flippers or water shoes.. .the reef is sharp and you don’t want to cut your feet if you swim out
Hmmm I think that’s all for now … Hope you have an amazing trip :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the best location on the island, West End, just a short walk to downtown bars, restaurants, dive shops and the beaches. Standing on a hill top with a panoramic deck for sunbathing and relaxing, surrounded by an amazing ocean view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments Hotel West End
- Roatan Bed And Breakfast Apartments
- Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments Honduras - West End