Interesting to read the debate about this place. I think it's all a matter of expectations and what you're there for. While initially surprised / disappointed, I grew to really like the place. Here's a breakdown.
Really unique style building
Cool location, you're up in the trees
Super-no frills, barely even enough light to read and non-private bathrooms
Much of the furniture is worn
Easy to hear noises from other rooms
Furniture isn't the newest or cleanest
10 minute walk over a rough road from town (though beautiful)
So, it's a great place to relax in the trees and a super-rustic location within easy striking distance of town. However, those expecting even the most remote luxury / pampering will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the best location on the island, West End, just a short walk to downtown bars, restaurants, dive shops and the beaches. Standing on a hill top with a panoramic deck for sunbathing and relaxing, surrounded by an amazing ocean view. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments Hotel West End
- Roatan Bed And Breakfast Apartments
- Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments Honduras - West End