“Bare bones but lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West End
Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments
You added Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments to your Saves list
Carretera Pavimentada Principal, West End, Honduras   |
Ranked #1 of 10 West End B&B and Inns
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“Bare bones but lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Interesting to read the debate about this place. I think it's all a matter of expectations and what you're there for. While initially surprised / disappointed, I grew to really like the place. Here's a breakdown.

The good:
Really unique style building
Good price
Friendly service
Cool location, you're up in the trees
Good internet

The bad:
Super-no frills, barely even enough light to read and non-private bathrooms
Much of the furniture is worn
Easy to hear noises from other rooms
Furniture isn't the newest or cleanest
10 minute walk over a rough road from town (though beautiful)

So, it's a great place to relax in the trees and a super-rustic location within easy striking distance of town. However, those expecting even the most remote luxury / pampering will be disappointed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Roatan Bed and Breakfast..
spent 5 days, room was basic, but clean and roomy.
Breakfast was delicious.
Barbara, the owner, was very helpful and hospitable.
Would stay here again, if I were to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Roatan Bed & Breakfast and it was paradise on earth. We were there for 2 months so we rent an apartment. It was lovely, charming, quiet and relaxing. Barbara, the owner, is the most adorable lady ever. She was really helpfull, friendly and funny. She made my stay very nice. Also, I think the Roatan Bed & Breakfast is the best place in West End considering quality & price and it's so close to all attractions of West End, just a few minutes walk. I will never forget this trip and all the nice people I met there. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Grande Prairie, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed here in February and everything was fantastic. We stayed in the B&B portion, so I can only speak to that. The owner Barbara is a wonderful woman. She is so friendly and helpful that we never wanted to leave! We stayed in two different rooms over the week we were there and each was equally nice. The bathrooms are not attached to the rooms, but they are assigned to you and are private, and you get fresh towels everyday!! The breakfast each morning was very tasty and healthy. Eggs, fruit, bacon/sausage, toast, coffee and juice! The "common area" deck is extremely relaxing and I spent a lot of time in the hammock with Barbara's cat Pepperoni (he is a great cat!!). The B&B is about a 6 minute walk to the main road and water taxi dock. It is close enough that everything feels convenient, but far enough from the bars of the West End that you can sleep quietly at night. Without hesitation we would go back and stay here again. The value is outstanding for what you get, and Barbara truly makes you feel at home! I'll post some pictures eventually. Thank you so much Barbara!! - Brock and Kacey

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at Roatan Bed and Breakfast for 2 weeks and I wish I stayed longer. The place is rustic but very clean, cozy and welcoming. The room are very nice and quiet.
Barbara, the owner is really friendly, funny and helpfull. She makes you feel like home.
The B&B is locacated far enough from the beach so that you hear the forest noises at night and feel the breeze, but close enough to be a small walk from West End’s bars, restaurants and beaches. Its also close to West bay by water taxi.
The rooms stay cool even without the ac and you sleep peacefully.
The breakfasts are very good.
There is a beautifful view on roof top.
Its a great place to chill and relaxe.

Room Tip: Do not wear heels there is a 10 minutes hike in the jungle and it gets muddy when raining